My flight into Ft. Lauderdale got me to the hotel at noon and there were no available rooms for early check in. I was able to change into a bathing suit in a bathroom and then went and sat at the pool until my room was ready.
I was given 2 keys - the plastic ones that you swipe. The reception clerk told me to keep them away from a cell phone as they stop working when placed next to one. Well, on the way up to my room, I did not put the keys next to my cell phone. Neither one worked by the time I reached the 10th floor. So I went back down and had them re-keyed. I was admonished by the reception clerk who told me that I should be calling from the floor phone.
The next day I returned from my business conference and went to my room. The keys did not work. I saw a phone in the elevator reception area and picked it up. There was nothing to indicate where it rang or numbers to dial to get assistance for different items. So, I went to the lobby to get the keys re-keyed. I go to the room, put down my bags, picked up the ice bucket, got ice and tried to get back into my room. Guess what? The keys did not work! I hadn't had my cell phone near me since the last re-keying! After getting my keys fixed, I decided to stay in my room for the remainder of the evening because I just did not want the hassle of dealing with the keys.
I spoke to another person in the hotel who indicated that they had similar issues with the keys. They were told my management that all keys at other hotels have the same issues.
Just as an FYI, I have NEVER had these consistent problems with keys at any other hotel.
On the positive side, the room was large but I do not like having a sheer piece of gauze separating the sink from the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reserve a welcoming stay at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort, one of the premier Fort Lauderdale hotels. Our ideal location among Hollywood, Florida hotels situates us conveniently between luminous beachfronts and stellar Ft. Lauderdale attractions like Gulfstream Park and Miami Dolphin Stadium. Experience lodging that befits the stunning surroundings. Utilize our state-of-the-art fitness center, taste South Florida hotel cuisine at Elements Bistro or sip a cool cocktail from Lava Tiki Bar & Grille. After a spectacular day of fun in the sun, retire to our richly-appointed guestrooms at one of the leading hotels in Hollywood, FL. Don t miss a gorgeous sunset from your balcony, and take advantage of amenities including complimentary high-speed Internet access, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave and free premium cable. Upgrade to one of our three elegant suites and enjoy the comfort of a private bedroom and the refreshing feel of modern design. Plan your South Florida travel around a luxurious stay at one of the newest Florida vacation resorts. Discover chic, yet affordable waterfront lodging with one of our Hollywood, Florida vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Florida