If you are looking for a reasonable rate for a nice hotel, this is it in Hollywood. The pool and deck were amazing. Not too crowded for a fully booked hotel because it is so big with many lounge chairs. The pool was open until 10 p.m. which our family enjoyed to relax and unwind. The staff was friendly and helpful. We weren't able to get our room until 3:30 and my son wasn't feeling well the first day. They did suggest changing in the bathrooms and taking a swim. Drinks were pricey at the pool bar. $10 for a pina colada and $3 for a soft drink. They don't let you bring your own drinks or food. Security guard is at the pool to help keep out non-guests. The 2nd day we had water leaking from our bathroom ceiling onto our toilet area. When I called the front desk, they said the room above us had children and that they had flooded the bathroom. They said they couldn't move us because they were fully booked for the night. I asked what they could do if it continued. The manager assured me it would stop. The next day guess what happened again. I video taped it and brought it down to the manager. She told me that she would get me another room, but didn't have one at the time. She took my cell number and called me about 20 minutes later to tell me she had a room. We moved all of our stuff to another level which took some time (we were trying to catch the water taxi so we had to hurry). The electricity went out on Sunday night, but I can't fault the hotel since I noticed the condo building next door also had no electricity. The morning of our departure we got our bill. There was a breakfast charge of $35. We never ate breakfast there. So I had to go down to dispute the bill. I explained that we changed rooms and perhaps that is why there was a mistake. She said, no, that wasn't the case. So she started looking through receipts trying to find the breakfast charge. We left to go eat breakfast and when we got back she said that someone had transposed the numbers of their hotel room when they charged it to their room. Scary that staff are not checking the room number against the name. Couldn't anyone start charging to any room if they aren't cross referencing? So bill was fixed. Disappointed that the manager didn't offer any compensation for the inconvenience of the leaky ceiling. We had to use the lobby bathrooms those days because there was no way to avoid the water leaking on our heads while using the toilet. I didn't want to get angry and demand it, because I understood that they couldn't control the people above us from flooding their room. But good management would have offered a little something for our trouble.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reserve a welcoming stay at the Doubletree Resort Hollywood Beach, one of the premier Fort Lauderdale hotels. Our ideal location among Hollywood, Florida hotels situates us conveniently between luminous beachfronts and stellar Ft. Lauderdale attractions like Gulfstream Park and Miami Dolphin Stadium. Experience lodging that befits the stunning surroundings. Utilize our state-of-the-art fitness center, taste South Florida hotel cuisine at Port South Bar & Grille or sip a cool cocktail from Lava Tiki Bar & Grille. After a spectacular day of fun in the sun, retire to our richly-appointed guestrooms at one of the leading hotels in Hollywood, FL. Don t miss a gorgeous sunset from your balcony, and take advantage of amenities including complimentary high-speed Internet access, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave and free premium cable. Plan your South Florida travel around a luxurious stay at one of the newest Florida vacation resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Crowne Plaza
- DoubleTree Resort By Hilton Hollywood Beach Florida