“Excellent ”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Spacious and well appointed room

Great service and well situated next to the beach and minutes from the freeway

Infinity pool was a treat as was the delicious room service food!

The concierge Juan was knowledgeable friendly and helpful and the valet was quick and efficient

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RussellJohnston
Erika L, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear RussellJohnston,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review.
We appreciate your compliments on our hotel amenities and our staff services. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,793)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband stayed here for a last minute anniversary trip and loved this hotel. Everyone employee we encountered throughout our stay was friendly and polite. The rooms were large and clean and we didn't have any complaints about the beds/mattresses. We didn't request any specific type of view or floor and still were placed in a room with both ocean and waterway views. The pool is amazing and always has chairs available. They also have fresh towels for hotel guests. The beach walkway is directly across the street from the hotel and easy to manage. We ate breakfast at the buffet downstairs a few days. The staff was friendly and the food was good. It was $17/per person but you have to expect those prices in any hotel! Especially for the convenience of it being right downstairs. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mel33
Erika L, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear mel33,
We are pleased to know to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we greatly appreciate your compliments on our staff services. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Infinity pool was the BEST part of this stay. We enjoyed the pool, and the room was very comfortable. There is also a hot tub! We very much enjoyed our stay here, the staff was super friendly, especially the front desk manager!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Pachith K,
We truly appreciate all of your wonderful feedback on our hotel amenities and our staff services.Our infinity pool is one of the best and we are pleased you enjoyed it! We look forward to welcoming you back to South Florida in the near future!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is great! The rooms are clean and spacious and the front desk staff was very helpful. Allen and Nancy were great. Our check in process was quick and the room was ready upon arrival. We requested a high floor with water views and that was exactly what we got thanks to Sima. The housekeeping staff cleaned the room and provided clean towels everyday. The food at the restaurant was good and the staff was always helpful and made sure we had everything we needed right away. Jackie and Carmen provided the best customer service and Kristine was always there to greet us when we arrived for breakfast. The location of the hotel is excellent. The beach is across the street with easy access. There's a Walmart within walking distance. A 7 eleven and pizza shop right next door. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel.

Thanks to everyone at The Crowne Plaza Hotel.....Evy and O'D

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ODetta D,
thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great to know that you guys enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback on our staffs customer service and we'll be sure to recognize them for providing you with such memorable service.
Thank you again for this review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My absolute favorite feature!? The mattresses....fluffy clouds that scream never leave the room. The decor at this location was very modern and attractive, the balcony was a great extension to the already spacious room. Room service was a smidge pricey but everything was good and brought in a timely manner. Only complaint is a personal one, while I thought the large glass shower was very sexy I was disappointed there wasn't a tub. The hotel is literally bushes away from a 7 eleven so you can stock your fridge w/ water and snacks. And it's caddy corner across the street from beach access, never made it to the beach the pool was plenty for me this round. I would recommend w/o hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Erika L, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear tallon69,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will recommend our hotel in the future. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

First true impression is always the check in process, mine wasn't so good. I arrived around 3:25 pm and I was advised that check in was @ 4 pm, which was fine since I knew that. So at 4 pm, I went to the desk to see if I could start the check in process to get a room. Allen was the hotel rep who spoke to me, not very courteous/professional I may add. Just asked for my name, checked the computer and said "I have one room available on the 5th floor if you want it". I was taken aback, what am I supposed to say to that? No, I don't want the room and go. My experience, even at 2 stars hotel has been way better, and even if there is only one room available there are other ways to convey it to the guests. The icing on the cake was that after he said that, I heard the other rep telling a customer, "I can put you on a room with a nice view on the 8th floor." The thing is, I personally don't really care about the view since I spent little time in the room but his attitude soured the first impression.

Second impression, carpets on the hallways need to be replaced very soon. Stepped out of the elevator and I didn't like what I saw. Carpets looked stained/dirty, needs serious shampoo or replacement. Open the room door and again, carpets clean but worn down. However, I saw the hotel replacing carpets as people were checking out, so in all fairness, this is something minor that the hotel is fixing and is should be a non-issue in the coming months. As for cleanliness, yes, room was clean, linens were clean, satisfied with maid service.

After we changed in our room, we headed to the pool with our son. Very nice pool, grounds well kept, plenty of chairs. They have a security guard on the weekends to make sure you are a guest when you enter the pool premises.

Tiki Bar - One warning, try one drink first before you order more than one to see if you like it. Good Lord, the worst drinks I've ever had in a long time. I am not complaining about the price but how they were made. In the pina colada there was a faint hint of rum but in my drink, all I could taste a little bit of the Kahlua. I told the server about it, I think Evelyn or something, she told me that the drinks have rum. I said he probably then he forgot to add it. She then told me, I will bring you a shot, so ok, waited and waited, she passed by again and asked me if I wanted to order something else. I said not with that bartender and to close the tab, why keep it open?? She said, I will ask him to remake the drink. I'm still waiting, had she replaced it and then it was decent, I would've reopened the tab and kept consuming during that day and my stay which means more tips for her. Sometimes I wonder how these people get these jobs.

Anyways I wasn't the only one feeling the same way, one day in the pool we met a bunch of nice New Yorkers and discussing our experience they told us the same thing. They didn't like the drinks, one told me she actually went to the bartender and asked him to re-make it. For $10-12 drinks, you would expect more quality. I guess nobody is doing a survey or checking how the drinks are made at the Tiki-bar. Bad business in my opinion.

Now, the good stuff, like I said, very nice infinity and zero depth pool. Great location, nicer area in Hollywood, close to many shops, supermarkets, restaurants, casinos, beach. Transportation available, buses, trolley and water taxi. Fresh clean towels available at the pool, Beatriz was the nicest person working in the pool area. Concierge was great too, valet parking, hit or miss depending who is working. Cesar was very good and attentive. Maid service staff was great. Also, there is a Starbucks in the lobby for those who like a good cup of coffee in the mornings. And, free internet/wi-fi.

In all, I don't think it's a bad hotel, I think the bad experience on the first day, check in and drinks at the pool somehow influenced my perception. For next year, I will try the Westin and pay a little extra, I initially thought that what I had saved on the rate I could spend at the Tiki-bar but that didn't go according to plans. Maybe I would come back in a couple of years and hopefully by then the experience will be much better.

Would I still recommend it? Yes, specially if you have a large family with a tight budget because I know you can get a good deal online if you're patient vs. staying at the more expesive Westin. If you don't mind budgeting an extra $80-100 per night then I would recommend that you go to the Westin which has direct beach access. My take, there were only a couple of things and some very minor things I didn't mention that took away from leaving 100% satisfied but I'm sure these things are not going to happen to everyone. Keep an open mind and don't be afraid to give it a chance, each experience is unique.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank OzMIA

Dear OzMIA,
While we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us, we are sorry to hear of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Please be sure that these issues are not known at our hotel so we will be sure to discuss your feedback with our management team to ensure they do not occur in the future. We would like an opportunity to show you what our service culture is truly about and hope to welcome back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I used this hotel. I usually like to stay down by the eden roc closer to North Beach or south beach but the prices for a room are ridiculous. This hotel is just as nice and the beach is just across the street. Also if you have a car it's a short 20 min drive down to the eden roc or south beach area and you easily Park and visit the beach in those areas. The hotel is nice and clean, no issues here. Free wifi, pool was nice and customer service is great. They do offer a trolley that goes to restaurants but we didn't use it. Only thing I don't like is the 17 dollar self Park fee. Other than that great alternative to the high prices of other hotels.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rex C,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share this wonderful feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Hollywood Beach Marriott
Hollywood Beach Marriott
#6 of 72 in Hollywood
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Casa Pellegrino Boutique Hotel
Caribbean Resort by the Ocean
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!