“Great Location, Near Beach, Miami, Shopping”

Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
waterloo
“Great Location, Near Beach, Miami, Shopping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2009

Very nice rooms and pool area, as well as right across the street from the beach. The room had a fridge and microwave which helped when on a longer vacation to be able to keep the cost of eating out down. The bed was very nice, and there was a balcony that although had a view of the parking garage, also had a very nice view of the ocean. There is a 7 eleven store on the corner for any late night snacks you may need, and Wal Mart and several grocery stores are just over the bridge. The only complaint I have about this hotel is the service. The ice machine on our floor did not work for the entire week we were at the hotel which is not a big deal in itself, but not the only problem. Front desk was not a great help for anything and as a great example during our stay the fire alarm went off and we had to leave the building. Once the alarm stopped no member of the staff came to say it was safe to go back in and people stood on the street in confusion if they should go back in or not. There was no one waiting in the lobby to let guests know what had taken place, or if it was indeed safe to return, and I would not like to see the results if a real emergency had taken place. I would return to this hotel anytime as the area is great, and if you have a car is a great location to see Miami, or the everglades. Just don't expect great service from anyone but the valet.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Turkish first
washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

My husband and I stayed two nights here for Valentine's Day Weekend. It's close to the beach (across a very busy road from beach) and was clean. The rooms were large and stocked. Swimming pool was cool but fine. Hot tub, not quite hot enough for evening soaks. Overall the hotel itself was fine, but the staff was very rude. I called when we got into the airport, around 11:30 am to see if we could check in early. I was told very abruptly that the best time for check in would be between 3-4 pm. Fine, we came at 4:30 and were told the room was not ready, would we come back in a little while? Came back just before we went to dinner, around 8:00 pm, room still not ready. After dinner we were finally able to check in around 9:00 pm. That is ridiculous!!!! The next evening, we asked if we could have a late check out, since we didn't get to check in until so late. We were told we couldn't check in becaused they "have over 300 rooms and it takes the maids all day to get to all the rooms. And they were totally booked." Maybe this means you hire more people???? And they were not totally booked, there were 20 cars in the self-park area. By the way, you pay 14$ day to park and more to valet park. Any way, we checked at the front desk again the next morning, and the gal let us have an extra hour. Wow! Overall, I felt the staff very unfriendly, I can't think of one person who smiled. They were abrupt in answers and rude, yet we were the ones being put our by not being able to check in until 9 pm! I would not stay here again. There are plenty of other nicer hotels along Ocean Dr.

Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

Beautiful pool, felt much more exotic than the Hallendale address. Only 2 miles to Gulfstream Park. The desk and pool staff was very helpful and attentive.

Microwave, good size fridge and wet bar made it easy for breakfast and snacks in the room.

Thought the parking fee of $14/night for self park, $16 for valet was a bit high.

Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2009

This review is a little late in coming, seeing we stayed at this hotel in June 2008. But considering we had an amazing stay, this hotel definitely warranted a review!
When we went in June, the hotel was nearly dead and extremely quiet. Some days, and certainly most nights, we had the pool completely to ourselves. The heated pool is a great feature and its a very comfortable place to relax. I can't say what the pool is like during high season when its really busy, but when we were there, it was a nice quiet paradise.
Its true that this hotel isn't directly on the beach, but it is literally just across the street and there are hotel chairs at the beach. We found the beach a little crowded and the chairs were always gone by the time we got there, but overall Hollywood beach itself is great. The main (original) shopping area (boardwalk) of Hollywood beach is a fairly lengthy walk, but possible.
The one possibly negative thing was the food and food selection. There weren't many food options at the hotel if you are staying there for an extended time with no car. There are grocery stores nearby though, which was helpful, along with a few restaurants/fast food options.
IF you are lucky enough to go while its quiet, this hotel is great. I can't say if its worth its 'standard/regular' price, because we lucked out and got an AMAZING package deal that was much much cheaper...

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2009

The only negative thing I can say about this Crowne Plaza is that we only stayed there one night, and that is NOT enough. The hotel is gorgeous, chic and clean. The pool is fantastic. We had a room with a king bed and it was pristine and swanky. We didn't book this room directly with the hotel, but with an online discount site so we got an AMAZING DEAL! My jaw dropped when we walked into the room. One cool thing: I loved that the bathroom sink & mirror are not inside the bathroom, but rather just outside the bathroom in a corner of the room. That way as one person uses the toilet or shower, the other person can still use the mirror and the sink. The room also had a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine and small kitchen sink. The bed was fabulous and the room was really big (which is really un-common for nice hotel rooms nowadays) it also had a flat screen tv and a balcony. The staff was very professional and helpful and to sum it up: we didn't want to leave.

1 Thank Pollito13
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2009

The Hotel is in a nice area, However it is far from the beach, you have to cross a busy street and walk for 5-10 min to get to the beach. I called to check if I could check in early, I was told no rooms were available(of course after they checked my name and made a comment that I used priceline) So I asked for an ocean view room, here the room became available after a $30/night charge. I agreed, Yet the room was 2 full beds instead of one king bed. I asked again if I there is anyway to get a one knig bed instead of 2 full beds, the answer was you have to pay another 30/night to upgrade. The view was not worth the upgrade.
The sink is outside the bathroom next my bed! I had to wait for my wife to wake up before using the sink. I will not go back to this hotel, Its 2 1/2-3 stars.
Look for something right on the beach.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jagha44
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2009

I wanted a hotel that would be halfway between North Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale's Airport ... and close to the beach. The Crowne Plaza fit the bill exactly. The hotel is across from the beach, right on the Intercoastal Waterway, and less than 10 minutes from I-95. The rooms are spacious with refrigerators and microwaves. The beds are very comfortable with lots of pillows! The entire staff was very accommodating. The average 3.5 star rating is accurate. Like most resort hotels nowadays, there is a charge for parking - $18 for valet or $14 for self-park. There were no other hidden fees. I booked my hotel and car rental via Hotwire - $345 total for my 3 day stay - which was a GREAT DEAL in comparison to other site quotes.

• Liked — It's location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hollywood Beach Marriott
#6 of 66 in Hollywood
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,492 reviews
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#17 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,567 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!