“Great buy and great experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 16 November 2007

We stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. The hotel quoted us a price but we got a better deal on their own website. We got the room for $89 (AAA) and a hot breakfast was included. We booked about a month in advance and that price wasn't available close to the date. The room was clean with comfortable fluffy beds and had a nice bathroom that was spotless. The breakfast had many choices and there were plenty of tables in the lobby

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 May 2007

Stay away! I have stayed at many hotels through my job, and with this one, I have experienced the worst service EVER. After reporting a specific concern that I had with the room, the front desk girl, I believe Melissa from Akron was her name, treated me with the most disrespect that I had ever experienced from a hotel employee. Unfortunately, even after reporting the event to the manager, absolutely nothing was done. I believe there is an air of apathy on the part of the front desk personnel and manager there.

If you are looking for a pleasant and welcoming front desk staff, this is NOT the place to be.

In order to be balanced, I will mention that housekeeping has done a good job with the daily cleaning, and the free evening snacks and beverages are a plus.

However, that cannot make up for bad service. If you do not care about service and simply need a place to stay before or after a cruise, this place will suffice. But if you are a business traveller and want to enjoy your stay and feel like you are being treated as a valued guest, I would discourage you from spending time here.

Consider staying at Springhill Suites by Marriot across the street or the Hilton Garden Inn, which is also across the street. Even though the Garden Inn is a Hilton hotel, it is individually owned and operated, so you will not have to deal with the bad management that I experienced at Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2007
5  Thank mightyoak11111
Reviewed 23 April 2007

This Hampton Inn location was a huge disappointment! It appears to be an older hotel that was converted to a Hampton from some other chain and it is not nearly as nice as the newer "authentic" Hamptons I have stayed at. This location is very old and not in 100% working order.

I travel for work a few times per month and my hotel of choice is always a Hampton Inn. Mainly because they are usually very predictable and dependable: clean, in good areas, offer free breakfast and local calls, have WI-FI access in rooms, and are part of the Hilton chain's rewards program.

Quite frankly, I'm not so sure that one on Stirling Road should even be called a Hampton Inn, as it's not nearly up to par with the rest of the chain!

We stayed 2 nights before our cruise and could not wait to get out of there! The very long wait for the airport shuttle and poor attitude of the Front Desk clerk were the first clues that this was going to be an adventure! Not typical Hampton service at all! In fact, the airport shuttle was so slow and disorganized that we "chickened out" and got a cab to the cruise port. Be warned that they share their shuttle with a couple neighboring hotels, which could slow up your arrival and departure.

The hallways and rooms were old and worn, and had that look such that I could not tell if the whole place was dirty, or just in need of a good paint job! Then that old musty smell of moldy air conditioning confirmed the overall "staleness" of the whole place.

The rooms were smaller than typical Hampton rooms, and the carpet was worn and dirty. As I am a frequent guest at other locations, I can honestly state that they must have furnished this Hampton one with old furniture and decor from the old Hamptons they just remodeled!

The traditional 'HOT" breakfast was not nearly as nice as is supposed to be, and consisted of cereal and pre-packaged breakfast snack cakes. The two hot bins that were there were empty every time either of us took a look.

All this is tolerable if I hadn't been expecting my usual Hampton experience, but two things ruined it and caused me to post this review: 1) We were awakened both mornings at 6AM by cheerleader groups that were screaming outside our window in the parking lot. They werw staying at the hotel and for some reason thought this would be OK. Well, turns out the Managers thought it was OK too, as they did nothitng to stop it!!!! 2) When I was handed my bill at checkout, it had been settled IN FULL with my credit card. A month later when a got my credit card statement, there were additional charges made to the room (MOVIES and LONG DISTSANCE CALLS) that were made AFTER WE WERE LONG GONE!!! A call directly to the Hotel got no response, so I called Hilton HQ to settle it right away.

Hilton better get its act together and fix this place up, as anyone staying at that particular Hampton Inn for the first tie would certainly never go back to another one!

Til they fix it, it woul dbe best to pick one of the other MUCH BETTER Hamptons in the Fort Lauderdale area to start your trip off right!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Barry D
Reviewed 13 November 2006

Stayed here pre-cruise. Not impressed. We were on the third floor and came back after dinner (lots of places in walking distance) to all kinds of pounding and running from the room above us. Turns out they put a YOUTH group in the suite above us. A group of cheerleaders! Why were they not put on the ground floor?!?! I did call to complain and it stopped an hour later, but then started again at 5:30am. I just cannot understand putting a youth group in a room above other guests.
Hotel had mildew in the bathroom. I've seen much nicer Hampton Inns. And the breakfast left a lot to be desired. Think I went with a box of Raisin Bran.
The shuttle to the hotel and then to the ship was fine though it took 20 rings to answer the phone when I called from the airport.
Would I stay here again pre-cruise? Only if they guaranteed me a top floor room. And I'd go out for breakfast.
I may try the Hilton Garden Inn across the street, or the Comfort Inn next door to Hampton Inn, though reading other travelers' reviews, it seems all these hotels are lacking in service!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
6  Thank mizlori
Reviewed 16 June 2006

Like many others, we chose the Hampton Inn Airport for a pre-cruise stay. Shuttle from airport was great - the driver was friendly - in fact, he wasn't even "our" driver (worked for the other Hampton Inn) but saw us standing there on his first pass and when we were still waiting, he offered to take us to "our" Hampton Inn. Very sweet and helpful.
Check-in was simple and quick - we signed up for the shuttle as well and we were in our suite in minutes. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Fully equipped kitchen, microwave, fridge, coffee-maker - good size table. Comfortable seating in living room, with large TV. Wonderful king-size bed with good mattress and pillows. Large vanity area, with toilet and tub/shower in separate room - great for a mixed crowd!
We were hungry after a long day of traveling - walked next door to McDonald's - not my favorite, but close and convenient. There are more restaurants within walking distance as well as a shopping area close by.
Very good selection at breakfast - eggs, sausage, waffles/pancakes, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal - something for everyone. We ate a good breakfast, not knowing when we would get on the ship.
The shuttle process was swift and efficient. Two ships boarded same bus - Holland America first, then Royal Caribbean to the back. Once all the luggage was stored we were on our way for a quick trip to the port.
We have absolutely no complaints about this hotel or its shuttle service. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2006
11  Thank pscho57
Reviewed 13 March 2006

We stayed to this hotel for a 2 nights pre-cruise stay.

The shuttle service was excellent. We arrived on Thursday at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport a 3:15 p.m. We was into our room and ready to try the pool at 4:00 p.m. 45 Minutes total to exit of the airplane, found our luggages, call the shuttle, check in at the hotel.... Very fast service.

We suggest to arrive on Thursday, because the process for the check-in on Friday looked live very difficult. But it's normal. A lot of people arrived at the same time for pre-cruise stay. Everything should be longer (time to wait for shuttle, time for check-in...).

This hotel includes the shuttle from the airport and also to the port. No problem at all with the shuttle.
You must reserve your place on the shuttle during the Friday afternoon (if your cruise depart the Saturday).

You have few restaurants to 2 minutes walk of the hotel (Taco Bell and Macdonald's) but just the other side of Home Depot (10 to 15 minutes walk) you can find a : Ale SteakHouse and also TGI Friday's.

The rooms are clean and you can be 5 in a one Room Suite witout any extra charge. The charge includes a breakfeast. Light breakfeast, but OK.

We taked the taxi one night to go on Las Olas boulevard (around 20 $ U.s. each way).

This hotel is a nice value in Fort Lauderdale. I prefer to not stay across the beach but have a clean and newer hotel. The hotels just across the beach are very expensive.... often dirty and old. We was 2 couples and one kid. We reserved one suite with one separate bedroom. Nice value.

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank Sunshinesea
Reviewed 30 January 2006

We were quite impressed with this small hotel. We were assigned a full apartment for our one night stay after booking a regular room for $152. It was nice enough for a long-term rental. There was a full kitchen with dishwasher and full sized refrigerator, 2 burner cooktop and microwave. The living room had a comfortable couch and lounge chair and a large tv.
There was another large tv in the bedroom. The matress was very comfortable. There is a free breakfast with more choices than available at other Hampton Inns. Our only problem was with the airport shuttle service. The driver missed us after we called and we had to call again resulting in an hour wait at the airport.

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank LSCats
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#10 of 131 in Fort Lauderdale
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
1 mi away
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Address: 2500 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Hollywood
#11 Business Hotel in Hollywood
Price Range: £103 - £246 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport Hotel Hollywood
Hampton Inn And Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport
Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn Hollywood
Hollywood Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port Hollywood, Florida