Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Chicago, Illinois
“Consistently bad”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My family ( all 18-20 people ) fly down from Chicago and stay here before our cruise every 2 years. The last 2x we have been here have been a huge mistake. The rooms are barely clean, the pull out couches are ALWAYS broken or disgustingly dirty and the rooms always hot! The staff is as friendly as they can be ( given what they have to work with ). Surprisingly, the lobby has improved. Invest some money in your hotel rooms, where it matters. I don't want to lay my head down ( when I am exhausted from flight delays ) only to discover no pillows, blankets and broken beds. It will take at least an hour before you get any pillows (i.e. Not enough help.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Hawaiigirl79
Marie J, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport during your recent visit to our city. Thank you as well for keep coming back eventhough your stay was less than satisfactory for the pass 2x. I want to reassure you that next time you want to come down in Ft Lauderdale call the hotel and ask for myself (Marie) and I will show you that we can turn everything to make you want to come back and be a loyal guest with us.Our goal at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport is to please every guest every time. I also want to apologized for the clealiness of the room, the couch and having to wait at least an hour to received a pillow. I will surely let my executive housekeeper know about this review so we can correct the problems. If there's anything I can do to further ensure your satisfaction please let me know. Once again thanks for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
seattle
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I had called the hotel before making a reservation to verify that their free airport shuttle ran 24 hours and was told that it did. My flight was supposed to get in about 10:30 p.m. But we were diverted to Tampa because of thunderstorms and got in after midnight. I called from Tampa to let the hotel know what was going on. They asked if they could give the room away as they were full. I said no because our flight was delayed and I would be arriving as soon as the airport reopened. When I got to the Fort Lauderdale airport, I did not see their shuttle among all of the other shuttles and so I called the hotel and was told the shuttle stopped running at midnight and I would have to pay for a cab. By this time, the taxi line had over 300 very grumpy, tired people in it! So I waited in line until 2 a.m. And paid $25 for a taxi to the hotel. Although my reservation showed I am a hilton Gold member, their reservation did not. The room was fine but when you travel as much as I do, things like this are extremely irritating. I will be staying at a different Hampton for the next five days. Let's hope there are no surprises there!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank travelmutter
Marie J, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We trully regret that your stay wasn't completely satisfactory during your recent visit to our hotel. Our airport shuttle does have a set time 5:00am to 12:00am . We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a perfect stay!
New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

It was a good hotel - staff was attentive and friendly. Location (area surrounding hotel) is not as nice as other Hamptons previously stayed at. Would recommend for business but not for couples or family vacations. The hotel is fine for an evening when you are traveling and need a place to stay for 1 night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport South and thank you as well for taking your time to fill out this review. We appreciated you praises about the staff and the hotel. I am so sorry to hear that the location wasn't up to your like. If you're ever in the area again we would really love to have you stay with us.

Your feedback means a lot to us can't wait to share your review with the rest of my team.
Once again thank you for staying with us.
Stittsville, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed after cruising and found that our room was not ready when we checked in. Not really a problem so we rented a car and went shopping. When we came back to gat the room keys the staff had changed over and were ok but not exactly warm. The A.M. staff upon checkout must not have had enough sleep because she was CRUSTY! I would stay there again but watch out for mornings...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Marie J, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Value Guest,

First let me say thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Lauderdale. Your feedback is very important to us, as our goal is to make every guest experience a great one.

We do apologize for the less than stellar hospitality, however, I have investigated and counselled my guest service agents accordingly.

Again, our aim is provide our guest with excellent service, so every guest feedback helps us accomplish that goal. Thank you for expressing those thoughts with us they are very much appreciated.

Looking forward to serving you better.
Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Had an enjoyable stay on both nights during the past week. Desk staff was friendly and helpful. Arranged for a shuttle to the Amtrak station which should be a part of the amenities offered to guests who travel by train as well as the airlines. The station is actually closer than the airport. Breakfast was very good and staff there was friendly and kept items updated in supply. We prefer a room with a bathtub/shower combo instead of the large shower, but was not really a problem. Beds in our first room seemed newer and mattress better than the one we had on the 21st. Overall, we enjoyed the stay, location was great for us, and we will return someday for another visit.

1 Thank RailroadBill2013
Marie J, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out this review. I will surely share all your good praise with our team. I do want to apologize for the mattress on your second night stay with us and shower situation as well. We do not have a bathtub/shower combo at this property. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you very soon for your next South Florida visit.
Jericho, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel pre-cruise one night for our Jan cruise. We arrived late due to weather conditions from NY. The hotel is not as nice as other Hampton Inn's we have stayed at. It needs serious updating. When we arrived, the desk clerk was cordial, however we typically get a welcome package including some snacks and bottled water at other hampton inn's but didn't get any at this hotel. The room was adequate and clean.

The hotel was next door to a few fast food places, which was okay as we arrived rather late and were able to get some dinner. The free breakfast was fair- we will probably consider other options for our next cruise.

1 Thank Beauty2
Marie J, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Greetings Beauty2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport South. We take all of our guest comments and reviews seriously and are truly sorry that your stay was not completely satisfactory. It is our mission to be your home away from home. We do hope you consider returning for an improved guest experience you can count on that!
Lanesboro, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights before our cruise. Maria at the front desk was very very helpful. Never being in this area before and not knowing anything about it Maria answered all of our question and concerns. It was looking like rain and we were walking Maria loaned us two umbrellas so we could walk to our destination. We asked about a place to eat she recommended Moonlite Diner. WOW was she right what a great place to eat. Maria was a huge part of our enjoyable stay. She always greeted us and had a smile on her face making us feel very welcome. We will stay here again. It is also a nice location with much in the area.

1 Thank DJBaker5155
I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Hampton Inn and Suites. It was truly my pleasure to serve you. I would also like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to complete this review and to give me all these good king and wonderful praises. Very much appreciated them and it was a real real pleasure to have both of you at the hotel. Can't wait to see you back again. I am very happy to learn that you had a great experience with your hotel stay.Thanks again for choosing to stay with us, Your feedback is very much appreciated.
Thank you This what we're aiming for!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Property: Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Address: 2500 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Hollywood
#11 Business Hotel in Hollywood
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport Hotel Hollywood
Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn Hollywood
Hollywood Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port Hollywood, Florida