“IT WAS EVERYTHING WE NEEDED”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Hollywood
montreal
“IT WAS EVERYTHING WE NEEDED”
Reviewed 20 January 2011

we would strongly recommend this hotel for many reasons. We left our car for 10 days at the hotel while we took a cruise and opted to stay at the hotel after our cruise, it came out cheaper than if we had left our car at the port. We called the night before and put our name in for shuttle and when we arrived our name was on the list and we hopped on the shuttle and they took us to the terminal. We were wondering how it would be for them to pick us up and we had a wait of about 1/2 hour, no problem. They gave us a suite which was great and the location is nice, the beach was close by and we ended up going there for the afternoon (it was about a 10 minute drive) The beds were comfortable and the breakfast great, they even have breakfast to go which is nice if you don't have much time. So all in all this was a great hotel and when you think that it is cheaper than parking at the port well it's a steal!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, we appreciate your positive feedback and will be sure to share your compliments with our staff. Thank you for your positive comments. Hope to see you soon.
Erika Diaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Upon first entering the reception I immediately smelled mold and other foul odors.
I thought I had two queen beds. They have no queen beds. My mistake.
The certificate on the elevator expired on 8/2009. That is scary.
Once in the suite we noticed:
1.Could not turn off the air conditioning fan—had to get up and close all the vents.
2. Bedroom had a chair missing.
3. The refrigerator seal was in bad need of replacement.
4. The electrical socket near the vanity was loose and did not work.
5. The bedroom closet door was off its hinges.
6. Asked for a cot—“Don’t have one.”
7. Asked for a blanket—“Don’t have any.”
8. Sheets on sofa bed were dirty. Went down and asked for two sets of sheets as my brother-in-law decided to sleep on the floor. Got one set.
9. Had to go down again to ask for towels—not enough for four people in room.
10. The microwave was broken—however we got it to work ourselves.
11. Staff were not nice, friendly or helpful. They evidently have lots of cruise traffic and could care less.
Breakfast—we could not get the waffle maker to cook the waffle properly. Finally the attendant told me to let her make it and to not bother to take it out as she would do it. I stood there for about five minutes. When she came back to take it out she chastised me for not taking it out! I was doing as she told me to do!!! Of course it was had and very brown but I ate it anyway as I did not want to deal with her anymore.
Transport to the cruise ship was great—however coming back was another problem. We were told to look for the orange colored buses and get on—none came in a reasonable amount of time so I got a cab ($18.70), went back to the hotel and picked up my car and went back to the terminal for my family. Later we were told that they only offer free transport to the terminal but not back. That was not my understanding when I booked the room.

1 Thank Mssophdoph
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, 17 January 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood during your recent visit to our city, however, I'm terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please accept our deepest apologies with issues you encountered with the indifference in attitude upon arrival and breakfast as well as condition of the room . We take complaints very seriously and want you please rest assured that these issues have been addressed with the appropriate department heads.
Our goal at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood is to please every guest every time, if there's anything we can do to further ensure your satisfaction please let me know. Once again thank for sharing your experience with us and bringing this issues up to our attention, your feedback is appreciated.

Best regards,
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Comfortable, quiet room, breakfast included. Shuttle from airport to hotel and also from hotel to cruise terminal. Only issue is that there is a Hampton Inn North and Hampton Inn South, so when calling to get the shuttle from the airport, make sure you know which one you want to go to.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, 23 December 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your positive feedback and will be sure to share your compliments with our staff. Around these area we do have a few Hampton Inns, but the distance is not too far away, the only difference is we are the best!!!. Thank you for your positive comments again Mrs. Victoria_BCTravelbug.
We look forward to your next stay with us

Hampton inn & Suites
Hollywood, Fl. 33020
Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We were looking for a suite to stay before and after our cruise. We picked Hampton Inn on Sterling Road (there are several Hampton Inns in the greater Ft Lauderdale area) because of complementary shuttle to/from airport (both Ft Lauderdale and Miami) and cruise port. It is also very well located, near a mall with several restaurant options within walking distance.

To get picked up from the airport, we were told to call and expect 20-30 mins wait time for the shuttle. After 30 mins, we called and was told that the shuttle is on its way, just another 10-15 mins. After another 15 mins, we called again and were told that there is only one van, and it is delayed because of a large party. Just another 15 mins. After another 15 mins, we called again and was told that the van was on the way. We told them that our 30-min wait has now stretched to over 1 hour and 15 mins and were told that the service is "complimentary", and there is only one van so there is nothing they can do about this. I told them that they could have told us the truth about how long we had to wait! Finally, after 90 mins of waiting, we took a cab for $25. Upon arrival at the hotel, we learned that the van had gone to the wrong pickup place. Had the front desk staff relayed to the driver our exact location as we told them over the phone, the whole thing may have been avoided. In any case, the manager apologized and gave us a $25 credit toward our bill.

The room itself is decent sized, with a small kitchen, full size fridge, dishwasher and stove. The living room has a pull-out sofa, although it was pretty uncomfortable to sleep on. The bedroom is separated from the living room and bathroom by a door, so our kids can sleep quietly in the bedroom while we watch TV in the living room. There are two comfortable double beds in the bedroom. The bathroom has a double-sink vanity area separated from the shower/bathtub/toilet area by a door. The bedroom and living room each has a flat HDTV (one is 32" and the other one is 40"). There are plenty of closet space for a family of four. In summary, we are very happy with the room.

The complimentary breakfast buffet is below average. There were not a lot of choices and the waffle machine did not work well, creating long lines of people waiting. My son has food allergies so we were trying to figure out what he could and could not eat by looking at the ingredient lists. The staff at the other places we stayed at were helpful and let us look at the ingredient lists and helped us choose what our son could and could not eat. Not so here. Their attitude was that they were not willing to help, so our son ended up eating only boxed cereal. We would have been fine if they just took the time and look for boxes and tell us that they couldn't find any.

I had another bad experience with the guest computers. I needed to print out the boarding passes and there were two computers for guests to use. Only one, however, was connected to the printer. Both were occupied by people who spent a long time surfing the internet and emails. There was no sign up sheet or policy as to time limit when other guests are waiting. After waiting for 20 mins, I asked if either one of them would mind give me 5 mins and let me print out the boarding passes. Neither would and they started arguing with each other about how long each had been on the computer. The front desk staff let me use their computer but their printer didn't work. Thankfully the guests who argued with each other got mad and both left the room, so I was able to use the computer. The staff told me that there are no policy regarding computer use, but this is something they should consider to avoid situations like this.

Overall, the room was nice and comfortable, but the guest services could use some improvement.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Lovinguhere, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, 21 December 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing your review and for letting us know about your disappointment. Please accept our sincere apologies and allow me to explain some of the items on your review. From your review it is clear you noticed that our breakfast was below your espectations, Hampton Hotels has an standards in their food. we follow the standards, our continental breakfast includes: pancakes, cereal, breads, muffins, milk, tea coffee and we serve hot breakfast as well as eggs, french toast, pizza bagels. I do apologyze for not deserved you request. In regards to the van service, I do apologyze as well due to the reason we had a big group same time same date as your arrival. I already talked to my front desk and specify them when we had a group, our guest couldn't wait and offer them to take a taxi as soon as possible.
I understand your concerns about the ingredients of the food, which we created a list of all the food came from our supplier with all ingredients on it. I really appreciated your time, but I will like to discuss all these problem with you by phone.
I really apologyze again for all theinconvenience.
Please can you e-mail me at erika.diaz@hilton.com or call me back at 9549220011.
I will appreciate your call soon.
Thank you so much .I hope you give us another chance in the future.

California
Reviewed 10 December 2010

This hampton inn is located very close to the FLL airport. It is easily reached off 95 freeway off the stirling road exit. There is a large number of restaurants/mall complexes nearby.
We stayed here for a total of 5 nights due to a local conference.

The rooms were adequate, we had a suite so space was very adequate -- nice kitchenette with micro, electric range, and dishwasher with refrigerator. There were 2 tvs in the room and it felt like a 1 bedroom flat.

The staff are extremely busy in this hotel, breakfast time was crowded and food was quickly exhausted through with slow turn-around. The manager was very helpful. There was an airport shuttle that runs 1x/hour on the hour. This was useful as we had an early flight and the rental car companies don't open until 6:30am so we returned our car the night before making it easier the next day.

The one complaint was that the hotel was on the older side and was showing its age. For its location, it was great, but we've stayed in much nicer hampton inns with better amenities. Their business center, copier was broken , printer did not work, and computers were relatively old. wifi was free but slow.

if you need a place close to the airport , this is the place to be.. but realize there may be better hotels a little farther out with lower prices and better amenities. overall, i was not disappointed but felt standards were a bit lower than other hampton inns we've stayed at.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Trekkersocal
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites –Hollywood Fl. and for taking a moment to share your review.
My name is Erika Diaz, General Manager. I am excited to read your comments and will gladly share with my team.
Our everyday goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations and really enjoy creating experiences whether that is your first or tenth visit to Fort Lauderdale. I am happy to see we succeeded with your stay. I really sorry about your inconvenience with the printer in our business center. we already fixed that mistake and we are more happy to having you back here soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Stayed at the Hampton on Nov 20, 2010 (7r Rooms) pre-cruise on the HAL -Nieuw Amsterdam. We were a large group of 20 as we held our daughter's wedding onboard on Nov 21. The rooms are clean and spacious as much as you would expect from a good 3 starr establishment. Hot breakfast in included and free internet and computer use downstairs. Since we were a large group that had to be at the pier at exactly 10:30am for VIP wedding check-in, the hotel gave me the transport company's owner name and number in August so I could make special arrangements. Mark from KSA Tours was great. ([--]) Complimentary via the Hampton, he picked all of us up at the airport and transferred us to the hotel and to the pier the following day. We also had some guests that were not sailing and returning to the hotel, Marc was able to pick these guests at the pier and take them to the hotel for a very small fee. (less than a taxi). Excellent staff at hotel. Shopping center with Dave & Busters and several other restaurants withing walking distance. Certainly recommend this property for a short stay.

1 Thank ludiandrade
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, 21 December 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Hollywood Fl. We sincerely appreciate your comments, and on behalf of the entire staff, look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

Erika Diaz
Hampton Inn & Suites Hollywood, Fl.
Hollywood Fl. 33020
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Stayed in room 227 for one night pre-cruise. Had a bedroom with a king size bed and a pull out sofa in the living area, which my daughter slept on. Overall, it was clean and fit the bill. Was a bit dinged up , but I have found this to be the case with the extended suite hotels near tourist destinations. Both beds and shower were comfortable. Got in late and called the hotel from the baggage claim. Shuttle was there to pick us up in about 10 minutes. Quick ride to the hotel and check-in was very easy. Young man at front counter was very helpful, providing us with some late night dining options. There is a Taco Bell and McDonalds right next to the hotel. Across the street is a Chipotles and a Burger King. The hotel is also right near a strip mall that has several restaurant options.

Used the “gym” the next morning. Very small room with a treadmill, one bike and one elliptical. There was also one weight machine. Also grabbed a quick breakfast there. Nothing special, but did the trick before heading to the ship. Had cereals, waffles, eggs, bacon, pastries, etc.

The only big problem with this place was the mass exodus on Sunday morning. Everyone was waiting at the same time for shuttles to the cruise ships, so it was mayhem. We did not use the hotel’s shuttle, but booked our own since we were going out of Port of Miami and not Fort Lauderdale.

Overall, I think this is fine for a quick stay. Not sure that I would stay here for an extended vacation as 1) the location is not really that great and 2) it is packed with cruisers.

4 Thank Hendersongal
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We are happy that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with a superior level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Hampton Inn & Suites
Hollywood, Fl. 33020
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Property: Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Address: 2500 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Hollywood
#11 Business Hotel in Hollywood
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport Hotel Hollywood
Hampton Inn And Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport
Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn Hollywood
Hollywood Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port Hollywood, Florida