“Excellent!”

Paradise Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #7 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 10 month old son this past weekend. We stayed in room 5 which is a studio on the ocean. Here are our observations:

The hotel is an older building probably built in the 40s.. HOWEVER the room was very clean and tidy. There was no dust on the furniture, no bugs at all, it was clean and inviting.

The room had everything we needed.Fridge..micro..tv..everything worked without a problem.

There is a light that stays on all night and can shine through the window through the blinds but those are city lights and has nothing to do with the hotel. If light bothers you ( it didn't bug me) a sleeping mask will fix that.

The manager was very nice and accommodating. He was always available and friendly.

The view and location is the best part. Right outside our door is the ocean. We sat on the porch and the breeze was so relaxing.

The hotel provides porch chairs..and beach chairs. The patio area was great. Our family came over and we had a bbq using the hotel's bbq. It worked great.

Our parking was right next to the patio which made loading and unloading easy.

I have no clue what those other reviews were talking about when they mentioned asthma. My baby slept all night without a problem. The bed was a bit too soft for my taste but to be fair I've never found a hotel bed I liked. The pillows were just right though.

All in all it was a wonderful experience. This was our 15th anniversary and our first vacation as a family. It was perfect. Next time we will rent room 4 which is right next door. It's a bit bigger..still oceanfront and the price is not much more than room 5.

We will be back for sure! Thank you Paradise Hotel it was awesome.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank kittyperez
Bernadette R, General Manager at Paradise Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2015

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

I wanted to inform all of our previous guests that I have taken over the management of the property and we are immediately addressing all of these issues.

We are renovating, taken care of maintenance issues, landscaping and much more.
I do hope that all of you will keep an eye on our property updates via tripadvisor, our websites or even feel free to call.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just stayed at the Paradise recently in room #12, what a fantastic place to stay at! The room was very clean, beautifully decorated.....bathroom floor and air conditioner was brand new. This place is a definite must stay. view was beautiful! The staff, Elvis and Sugar went above and beyond any other hotel staff I've ever seen. After I checked in, they both stopped by my room and asked if I needed anything and if everything was up to standard. What a great staff, I have never had that when checking into any hotel. I will stay here everytime I visit Hollywood beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank doll39
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This place is located right on the Hollywood Boardwalk which is great. The motel itself is disgusting, filty and just plain and simple nasty. I've read so many good reviews about this filthy place, so I decidedly to rent here for the 4th of July. Omg!!!! Room #2 is the worst room! It's unbelievable how can the owner rent this room. It smells horrible (mold,mildew, roaches) ewwww very disappointing. If you smoke cigarette then this is your place to stay. I just can't believe how many chimney (people) were smoking here ufffff gross. One more thing if you have kids stay away from this place, especially if they have a medical condition like Asthma or any respiratory problems, you will end up in the hospital with them I wish I knew what I was getting into before I booked.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Duchi1500
10000ebd, Manager at Paradise Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We strive to satisfy all of our guests. This "reviewer" posted at least three reviews stating basically the same complaint.The customer attempted to overcrowd the room booked on the fourth of July and was upset that the number of occupants was limited. All of our rooms are NON SMOKING and have limitations on the number of occupants permitted. It is not uncommon for people to crowd large groups into rooms on holidays such as the fourth. We enforce the limitation to protect the property and ensure the comfort of other guests. The review is not representative of the guest experience enjoyed by a large majority of our guests and we hope readers will see through this thinly veiled attempt at retaliation.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

If you are familiar with Hollywood Beach, you know that it is classic "old Florida." There are relatively few chains and everything is pretty much mom-and-pop style rentals. That being said, my rating of Paradise is based specifically on comparable properties and the characteristics of this neighborhood. It wouldn't really be fair to compare it to hotels in Miami or even Ft. Lauderdale for that matter. With that in mind, here's my take:
Pros:
1. You absolutely cannot beat the location. You are literally smack dab in the middle of the broad walk and just steps from the ocean. It is so conveniently located that if you leave something in the room, it only takes a minute to go back and retrieve it. I managed to get myself and three small kids from the room to the beach with no problems. Also, there are plenty of good restaurants within a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
2. The manager (Elvis) and staff (Sugar) are great people. They were always friendly, polite, and accommodating. We always had clean towels and they keep a storage closet full of beach toys, chairs, umbrellas, etc. for you to use.
3. Parking is free and is right next to the hotel. This is not always standard for Hollywood rentals and can be costly or a major inconvenience if you have to find a metered or garage spot.
4. Amenities such as cable TV (large flat screens) and wi-fi are free.

Cons:
1. It is a small, older building. The rooms have varying degrees of wear and tear. The bathrooms need serious updating. The tile is old and there is mold/mildew in the grout that no amount of bleaching or scrubbing will fix. The tubs are old. The shower curtain had stains and was kind of gross.
2. Room 9 had tile throughout except for carpet in the bedroom. The carpet was very stained and dirty looking. Again, I'm not sure that any amount of cleaning could save it. Why not rip it out and tile it like the rest of the place?
(This is not to suggest that the property itself wasn't "clean" as the tile was sparkling when we arrived and we never once saw bugs or anything of the sort.)

If I could rate this 3.5 stars, I would, as that is probably what it deserves at this time. However, I am trying to keep in mind that this property isn't really that different than most of the places around it. All in all, we had a great experience here and I'm trying to take into consideration how all of the pros outweigh some of the cons that are mainly a result of the age of the establishment. I do want to be honest, however, and give an accurate portrayal of the place.

If you are used to high quality chain properties with modern furnishings and all the bells and whistles, this is not the place for you. If you want a nice, safe place in a great location with super nice people and you don't mind older furnishings, then you will be pleased.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 502SF
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a 2 story small hotel, right on the Broadwalk, steps from the beach. The best thing about this motel is the location. We stayed in Room 12. It had front and side views of the ocean and Broadwalk. Elvis is very friendly, the rates are reasonable and you get one parking spot. They will provide chairs and beach towels for the beach, but bring your own umbrella. We bought a $30 umbrella for the week at the local BJ's Wholesale club. Our room had a kitchenette with a full size fridge. They have a closet near the office if you need something for the beach and another occupant has left it behind, like our beach umbrella, we didn't take it on the plane, so we left it for the next person. Now, I rated this four stars, however this place needs refurbished, so I don't want you to think it's perfect. It is not. If you're looking for 5 star or perfection, this place is NOT for you. It needs work but it is clean. I saw no bugs, except for the last day when I saw two ants. Now, for the reality so you know what you are getting before your book:

- The A/C is a window unit stuck in the wall. It is VERY loud.
- The bed is VERY soft. It was fine for us, but it might bother someone who needs a firm bed.
- The sinks in the kitchen and bathroom drained very slowly
- The bath towels were small and ripped/worn. Don't expect luxurious towels.
- The floors are tiles and they are loose, broken and cracked. The floor desperately needs replaced.
- The walls needs patches and painted.
- If you need a dark room to sleep, room 12 is not for you. I can't speak for the other room, but the room is never dark, even at night due to the street light nearby. The windows have blinds, but it doesn't matter.
- The doors aren't very secure. It is hard to open and shut, hard to lock. The same key for the door knob is used for the deadbolt, so you can't latch the deadbolt for privacy from management. The door takes a lot of finesse to close or open. I was stuck inside and my boyfriend stuck outside and neither of us could open the door at one point.
- Bathroom is small and outdated. The light over the sink only had one bulb (one was missing) and that bulb flickered.

I'm going to post pictures. If the above doesn't bother you, then this place would be fine for you. Would I stay there again? Yes. The price was right and the location perfect. You can walk to some restaurants and to some small stores.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 12, which had a king bed and a kitchenette. It was roomy. But the room was light a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Paradise Oceanfront is certainly not a hotel in the conventional way.
Our corner room on the 1st floor was more like a single room apartment in a heritage building and gives an impression what the good old days must have looked like in Florida.
The hotel's location right on the Broadwalk of Hollywood Beach cannot be beaten.
That goes for the view from the room as well.
The hotel has no daily housekeeping service, which is already made clear upon booking.
But Elvis, the owner makes sure you'll have all the towels you need during your stay.

Our room was clean, but missed some amenities you would get with the big ones or the chains.
Meaning, the interior would need some details updated like the motley kitchenware, the wobbly table that did develop a life of its own or probably a new shower curtain without stains.
But I'm sure Elvis will manage this soon.
The Swedish furniture store in Florida City could be helpful here...
All in all, a priceworthy option for people travelling on a budget or searching for alternatives, but not yet perfect.
3 stars to encourage.

By the way, we could not open any of the windows in the room and the fridge and the aircondition together are incredible noisy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank leitstrahl

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Paradise Oceanfront Hotel this past Memorial Weekend for our little stay-cation. First off, the location is perfect; just steps away from the Broadwalk and beach and just far enough from the main strip area but walk-able if you want to all the restaurants and shops. We had room 14 which is facing the beach so we had a nice view of the beach and ocean from our room. We made a point to get up every morning to see the sunrise right from our little porch. Keep in mind this hotel is a small establishment with very minimal amenities; free parking being one of them which is always great to have but especially during this busy weekend. It's also an older building but despite that, everything worked fine...great water pressure, nice flat screen tv, good size closet space and tall dresser for your clothes.

Elvis the hotel manager was very pleasant and accommodating. He allowed us to check in early and check-out late giving us extra time to enjoy the beach. The room itself is small but very comfortable and clean. Ours was an efficiency unit with a stove, oven, sink and small full size refrigerator. It also had a microwave and coffee maker; pretty much more than we really needed given we ate out for all our meals, but definitely nice to have if we needed to reheat leftovers and store our drinks. :) Overall, we had a very pleasant stay at Paradise Oceanfront Hotel and we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Corner units 12 and 4 are larger and have more windows to view the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FLLoveLife
Bernadette R, General Manager at Paradise Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015