“Cute clean but disorganized”

Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites
Ranked #5 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2012

-Check in 3 pm.
Allowed to check in at 4:36
-Asked for an extra $100 "incidental fee"
Even though I prepaid over $500 from hotels.com
-Room was clean. However I went over the kitchen counters with a wet towel. Residue from cleaning agent left behind.
-Very nice modern apartment like feel with kitchenette. Full with dishes
-1 bedroom. Kinda small. Fine for a couple although there was a sofabed.
Very relaxing pale aqua and celery green color scheme. Nice ceramic tile floors all the way throughout the apt.
-bathroom tile finishings could have been better. Clean. Tile work was very nice. White brick like simple pattern with glass squares randomly placed throughout. The edges were not done with proper "finished" tiles. Not that important.
I'll call the decor "beachy ikea"
-the BEACH is stunning, clean, bring your own chairs. $30 to rent chairs on the beach. The hotel provided chairs you can bring. Amazing I'm the AM. Sunsets and sun up. Was spectacular'. Loved it!
-I was bothered to see the housekeepers pushing around shopping carts, instead of proper housekeeping carts like all other hotels. Also I got the feeling that the housekeepers didn't have proper supplies to do their job. Also while they cleaned the rooms, their stuff was all over the place which we had to walk over.
-Theres a nice small pool. But it's on the street so you get to enjoy the passing traffic and whistles while your tanning. Not a bother though! Lol
-Javier at the front desk was a little much in regards to "returning the 100 cash deposit. Because he we had a 6am flight he was unsure if we would
Get the money back since we would be checking out before the office opens. Then a young lady who was at the desk, on his day off said sure we will check you out tonight since your already paid in full and we will check the room and return your money. Like I say. Leave the running of the world to WOMEN! We get the Job done!
I RECCOMMEND these cute beach apts.
I will be back! Oh yeah book your reservation with the hotel not an Internet site. Fees will apply! Happy Hollywood Beaching!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Happyinhollywood

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Hollywood Beachside Suites is located across from the Intercoastal Waterway and is a short walk to the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. The renovation resulted in chic, well-appointed suites attended to by a staff dedicated to guests having a wonderful experience during their stay. It is the type of hotel that I would guess that after staying there for a couple of nights would result in guests requesting extending their stay as well as booking a room for next season.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jsliman
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I really liked this place for the price. It was between the beach and the Intercoastal way. I booked a one bedroom in a corner and it was very spacious. The kitchen was great and it had two bathrooms. I would say it might be one of the best rooms at this property. It had a neat outdoor seating area and a very small pool but adequate for a quick dip. The amenities are scarce but who needs all those things. You get the basics such as coffee and bathroom products. There is not carpet but very nice floors. This property has been renovated recently.
Be aware that the office closes at 8pm and there are no phones in the rooms. Make sure you have a cell phone. Go to OPA restaurant and dance on the tables!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Grouperboy
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We chose to stay at this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews, price and the fact that I could cancel the reservations if necessary without penalty. As other reviewers state, the hotel has been recently renovated. Our suite was spotlessly clean and very spacious with a bedroom, living room, and kitchen/dining area. Because both the front and back of our suite have doors and windows, you can enjoy cross ventilation if desired Convenient free parking is an added feature.

The hotel appears to have three buildings. Ours faced route A1A while the other two are in mid-block. Our building has about ten suites on two floors with a garden and pool separating the building and the street. On the other side of the street is an extremely busy (and somewhat expensive) restaurant and beyond that the intercoastal waterway. While I enjoyed the weather sitting outside of my room the traffic noise on A1A was non-stop from morning till midnight or later. In order to sleep in this building you will probably want to turn on the A/C (or just the A/C fan as we did because nights were cool). If you stay in the other buildings you will have quieter accomodations but outside seating is not quite as attractive in my opinion. Also note that while we had a stove top with two burners as well as a microwave, the kitchen came with only one frying pan and a small pot. If you want to cook something like pasta or stew you may want to bring several of your own pots.

This trip was our first to southern Florida in over 40 years. I found the both the traffic and the eating situation less than ideal. While the ocean promenade has roughly 20 or so places to eat, a plurality feature beer and pizza and a number appear overpriced based on their run down appearance. Of course you are paying for the view and all of the beer and pizza places have a $15 pizza/pitcher of beer special (if you consider Bud/Bud-light beer - I do not) so you don't have to spend a lot if you would rather not.

If you don't mind driving to eat, try Hollywood avenue in the west side of the circle. Your eating choices are much greater there than in the beach part of the Hollywood.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PhilWashingtonDC
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I used this hotel for a 3-night stay. Booked via hotels.com and the room was ready according to reservation and best of all - available parking space although we arrived late in the evening.
As others has said before, this is a newly renovated hotel. Very nice rooms and comfortable bed. We stayed in a studio with refridgerator, sink and cooking facilities. The only problem we had was that the room was a connected one, and connected with a regular door. We could hear the guy staying there coff and breathe at night. But, it was only annoying and did'nt ruin our stay.
Outside there was a pool and a large patio. We had a few beers in the evenings at the patio, but never used the pool. It all worked very well for us.
We will be back next year.

Room Tip: We had room 21 that was a connected studio. It was in the back so very little traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ekre
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Just got back from a 5 night stay at the Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites. Wasn't the worst place I have stayed, but it was pretty dissapointing.

We called ahead to make sure there would be a crib for our 6 month old. When we arrived they said, "sorry, all our cribs are being used." When we told them we called ahead to book one, they replied, "there are no guarantees that there will be one available." I was furrious, and the staff I was talking to was not very helpful until I made a real stink about it. He finally arranged to get another crib from Walmart (our idea, not his), but he would charge us $10 extra a night for it. I complained about this to the woman who checked us out and she waived the fee, which I was happy about but I wish I didn't have to complain so much about something that was their fault!

The room was much smaller than we expected - not a 'suite' by any stretch of the imagination. Just a double bed with a kitchenette all in one small room - no living room area unless you get the 'one bedroom' suite. I thought the website was misleading about this - we expected a living room area as well.

There is no daily maid service, but they do give you new towels each day. When our room got very sandy I asked the front desk if we could borrow a broom to sweep our floor - they told me they would get someone to do it. No one came that day. The next day I just asked the maid myself when she came with our towels and then she swept the floor very quickly and missed a lot of sand.

The pool is tiny, right beside the highway with cars zooming by and it is FREEZING cold - quite dissapoitning. The lounge area is quite nice and the location of this hotel is fantastic. I don't think I would stay here again. But I guess that's what you get for the price.

Room Tip: the only 'suites' are the 'one bedroom' ones - the 'delux suites' are just a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions (pre and post cruise). First, the location is superb. Two blocks from Hollywood broadwalk, with plenty of things to do and places to eat. The hotel has been newly refinished. The design of the rooms are very nice. All new furniture, paint, appliances, fixtures and linens. I loved the "beachy" feel. However, many problems during our stay. Making a reservation was difficult. When they answered, I was told " I'll have to call you back". She didn't. I had to place a second call myself, I was a little worried about then giving my credit card number to the hotel, but continued with my reservation. Our first night while out to dinner I missed two calls from the hotel. They left me no message. When I tried to return the call I only got a voice mail. So, not knowing the problem, and worried something was wrong we returned early. No one is in the office after 8 pm, so I was unable to find out why I was called. The next am at 815 office was still locked and I saw employees waiting to be let in. Hmmm. When we checked out later I asked about the call and the office clerk said he didn't call me. It's apparently a mystery Ill never have an answer for.

Our second stay was in a one bedroom suite. On initial look we loved it. But we quickly found many issues. We smelled gas in the kitchen, so my husband thought it wise to close the gas shutoff to be safe. It was easily accessible under the sink. We informed management. No one during our stay came to check it out. Later we found that water was not hot (later realized if you let it run literally 10 minutes it warmed up). So, we called the office number. It was after 8 pm, no answer. We left message to call back not stating the problem. No one returned our call. Floor was dirty, my feet were very black 5 min after I got out of the shower. Found a toothpaste cap under the sink. Lightbulb out in bathroom. Toilet seat loose on the commode. Lots of paint slopped on tile floors around trim. No full length mirror. No plug near sink and mirror in bathroom. No linens in the kitchen. No hair dryer. All these things may be coming soon, and I understand a new business in the making. However, it's not costly to just simply provide good customer service by returning a call--this is a safety issue. What if we had an emergency? There is no phone in the office at all. I called once during office hours and still didn't get an answer. I had to walk from my room to the office. It's too bad, the potential for a great place to stay was missed due to a few minor expenses and poor business management.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple