“GREAT PLACE”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed in this hotel several times last year, & it always have been a great experience. The suites are big , clean with plenty of space X all your stuff . The kitchen is extremely clean , & has all the needed equipment to fix a nice meal, the air conditioner WORKS!, great BBQ area .The office staff is wonderful , towels , & chairs are provided x the beach. I'm staying @ the hotel x my birthday weekend with my family , & we all are looking forward to enjoy our selfs, Keep up the good work!!!!!.
Maria Bello

Room Tip: The suites in the corner are larger there is only 1 tv, bring a Dvd player , games x the kids.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Maria B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Excellent little boutique hotel for a great rate. I just needed to stay one night near the airport and not spend too much. It was only about 4 miles from the airport and very easy to get to. I arrived late, but they left my key and check-in info in the office mailbox. It was quite--couldn't hear anything from outside, but did hear a neighbor's TV throughout the night. The place was very clean and simple. I didn't realize how close the beach was until I stepped out to my car the next day. Too bad, as I would have walked out to the water the night before. I didn't have to pay to park, they have a few small lots for guests. Checking out was also very easy. I could see myself returning to stay a few nights in one of their suites. Great little place!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LovEak2552
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The hotel is clean and very close to the beach. Booked last room one day in advance of my arrival and got a queen bed room with small kitchen area and bathroom. Spent 100 USD and it was ok with that. Plenty of eating places just around the cornet. The Parking is extra 6 USD.
The hotel is facing the street, but that is even better than live in a hotel direct in front of the beach, as there are so many cafes/restaurants with "specific" kitchen smell and nightlife noise.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andris B
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My hubby and I were pleasantly surprised and would now plan to stay longer next time. The hotel is older but has been refreshed and renewed. The location was also perfect, a block off the boardwalk on the beach. The waterway with restaurants was also right across the road. This is best value for your buck. It reminded us of the 50's in a good way.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vizzybizz
Oakland, California
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed for only two nights, but the location could not be more perfect. The suites are large, clean and well-equipped. There is a nice small pool for guests to use, lots of (paid) parking, which is a huge bonus as street parking can get VERY tight on the beach, particularly during the Season. There are several excellent restaurants within walking distance, but the biggest plus is that it's situated down the street from the boardwalk and beach. If you want to escape the madness of South Beach and Ft. Lauderdale beaches, this is the place to go.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank spocksf
Severna Park, MD
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I did a mother daughter trip here--myself and two 18 year olds. My goal was to be walking distance to everything and not spend $$ on a car rental. This place is really well located... Right across ocean ave from some fun sunset restaurants such as Le Tub, GG's, Joe's Tiki Bar. A block to the ocean. We could bounce out of bed every morning and go for nice little runs on the broad walk. (Yes broad, not board). There are bike rental places nearby if running isn't your thing. A few restaurants along the broad walk offer cheap breakfasts for under $5.00. The cooking equipment at this place is marginal at best. If you want to cook on vacation here, I would not recommend. The water taxi stop is nearby and can take you to ft lauderdale. For $20 per person and you can hop on and off all day at a many different stops for restaurants and shopping. There's a trolley in Hollywood that runs Wednesday thru Sunday... $1.00 a ride. We took that to the downtown Hollywood area where there are more restaurant options. My teenagers liked some of the cheap shops there and froyo at Menchies. The park is beautiful! you can stock up on a few groceries at publix there. There's also a Walgreens and a liquor store with better prices than at the beach.

I would say that more than three people here would feel crowded. The sleeper sofa is not too comfy but teenagers can handle it. Its clean and feels safe. The little pool is a nice place to be on a windy day, but it is on the hwy side. There is another patio area with grills we are welcome to use. I was only here four nights so we went out for meals. The complimentary beach chairs and towels were a bonus. Overall, I was happy with our experience here. I will request a second story room next time because last night the guests above us started clomping around and moving furniture at 5:00 am. Thankfully that happened our last night there.

Room Tip: Second story to avoid hearing guests above you.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank whitjohnw
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Wanted something that felt a little more Old Florida than the hotel my conference was at. My suite was roomy, clean and quiet. The short walk to the beach and boardwalk had me on the beach for sunrise and sunset. Many good restaurants within blocks. Staff were pleasant and helpful when I asked for seafood recommendations. It met my expecations, and my budget.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business