“Beautiful Resort and Casino”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful Resort and Casino”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Was very impressed with this Resort/Casino. From the moment you step up to the front desk to check in to the time you check out the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable.

The casino was large and very, very nice. Not very smokey.

Dealers and floor personnel in the casino were very, very nice and we really did enjoy our visit.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms were lovely with a private balcony. Rooms are very modern and lovely
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for the great review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
boca raton
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I have stayed at the Hard Rock hotel and Casino at least half a dozen times. The hotel is nice but smokey - the slots are tight -but the biggest problem thatI have encountered is theft and the lack of adequate security. in the past year I have had my iphone stolen while on the casino floor, my watch disappeared after I forgot it in my room. Now even though I forgot it I immediately went back the next morning but it was nowhere to be found- I was also told to contact Risk management - which I tried to do . This happened in September and I have still not heard from them- apparently according to the manager they are "very busy" and it is up to me to constantly try to reach them. Then today - I had my wallet stolen with $900.00 of cash-and credit cards in the casino. Now my wallet was not unattended I can only think that as I turned to tip the waitress someone swiped it because of course the thieves know that there is no floor cover security. Guess what I now get another chance to try to reach risk management who never answer their phones . I have had it - but if you are very rich and dont mind being ripped off - of if you r idea of a vacation is constantly being on the watch out for thieves then have a go at it - this is the place for you .

Room Tip: dont - dont ever leave anything in the room you will nevr see it again
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for notifying us of your exerience.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We stayed during the Scotch Whiskey convention--- so how can you NOT have fun? Plenty of nite life options, from music to comedy, plus gambling. Beautiful and huge pool area.

The room was very modern and well appointed. Plenty of space. Wonderful decor. We had a room in the North Tower overlooking the 4 acre pool. Would ask for that view again. At night there were still party goers at 3 AM roaming the halls and yelling. Could have used a bit more sound proofing.

The Paradise area, an outdoor mall, has numerous dining and drinking options, as well as shopping. Happy hours abound. The Blue Plate has full breakfasts which are pretty good, but the lunches were just ok. Avoid the overly breaded tilapia.

Also beware of pickpockets. The waitress at the Hard Rock Cafe warned us to remove our handbags from the shelf of our table which was near a walkway. We did, but I lost a small package (low $) to a thief at there.

All in all, would stay again, but as with any gambling, large resort -- would recommend care with belongings.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing us.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2011

So I got the room for free thru some Promotion they gave me in the mail. I must say that I was very impressed. It is very hard to impress me. The rooms were nice. Bed was very comfortable. Huge LCD tv's in the room. The water was very hot and alot of pressure. I got a non-smoking King room and I was very happy that it was smoke free. I cannot find anything bad to say about the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for the Rockin' Review.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Do not book at this hotel. I booked for New Years this year and my boyfriend had a work related matter come up so we needed to adjust our dates. This hotel would not work with me on the dates and insisted that they had a two night minimum stay policy and that we had to check in on the 30th of December. Our original plans were to check in on the 29th of December and leave on the 1st of January, but I needed to change it to the 31st of December and leave on the 2nd of January, which would have been two nights. I was told that we had to check in on the 30th (had a feeling that it was because the nightly rate was $599 and we were switching to a night that was $399), so I offered to pay the difference and explained that we absolutely could not physically be in Florida on the 30th. They would not do it. I have never dealt with such an awful hotel.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2011

As we drive away from the Hard Rock a few hundred dollars less than we had upon our arrival, we don't have any regrets. We had a blast. Since becoming Player Club members, the perks have kept us coming back! With 2 1 free nights offers, we booked back to back nights. The rooms were beautiful, spacious and very comfortable with 4 adults (free). Food at the Blue Plate was delicious. Onion soup at the top of my chart. We had coupons, so dinner and breakfast was free. In the end, so were the memmosa's. We hit the slots and yes, you've guessed it, free money to start you out! The pool is wonderful to splash around in, but be careful if you try swimming in it. It is very shallow. I left some DNA. We booked messages, not free, but 20% off with Players Card. Can't wait to return. At checkout, all room, food and beverages were comped.Such a deal

• Stayed November 2011
LisaArredondo, Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thanks for the review! Can't wait to have you all back!! ;)
Fort Myers
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I was very impressed with this hotel. We had lovely corner room with two dressers, large wardrobe, desk, bathroom with double sinks, a lighted makeup mirror, water closet with phone, coffe maker (unusual for casino) and beautifully tiled shower. While the bed has just a comforter and sheet (which is either too hot or too cold) we noticed upon leaving that there was a blanket in the wardrobe. While we adjusted the A/C to 67 the room never cooled below 72, but perhaps it was just this room.
The pool area is wonderful and the pool was heated to 80. The casino, while it allows smoking, really was not bad. There is a non-smoking area but it has three table games and 50 old slots and nearly no one in there.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ours was a corner like room. There were french doors from the hallway and then two doors behind tha...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we know your time is valuable.
We look forward to having you back soon ...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hollywood Beach Marriott
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#14 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Res...
#11 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!