“Better for adult vaction”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Orlando, Florida
“Better for adult vaction”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was my first time staying here, I will start with the good. The rooms are a good size, my friend upgraded to the suite and it was amazing, the bathroom alone was worth it. (at least for us ladies!) Lot's of food options and shopping which was perfect because of course I forgot my swimsuit. The location is not ideal we were on the 4th floor so the view was the pool and the freeway eh..

Speaking of the pool, they have one slide which kept the kids busy all day it was not crowed so there was plenty of space but if the chairs were full that pool would get crowded quickly.

Food- the food at the hotel was good except for the steakhouse I was extremely disappointed for price my dish was ok at best. I had the short-ribs that were good, except the menu said root vegetable and polenta- sounds great right. Well no, I got a runny sauce with 3 small hard cubes of polenta I could not even eat, a few small square peices of carrots and some tiny brussel sprouts leaf...BLAH :( Next time I will go for the steak, even thought I could buy whole cow for the prices.

The staff was very helpful at the front desk and everywhere else. Now for the bad I know there is a casino so smoke is expected the rooms were non-smoking but they still reeked with the smoke stench I don't know if they used to be smoking rooms or the air ducts are not separated.

If you are allergic to smoke you will not be able to stay in the hotel.

Overall a good time, but it was more a places for the adults and not a family trip.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and I cold hear noises and music so I would suggest maybe a higher room?
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RJ823
LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback and time. We appreciate you letting us know about your recent experience while visiting The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino - Hollywood, FL.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 July 2014

One of our faviorite places to get away for a quick 2-3 day vacation....however, we just returned and were truly disappointing with the housekeeping. Day 1, I called Rapid Response for extra soaps and extra towels.....the woman on the phone said they not only would do that but also bring up shower gel ...alas, no towels appeared and no shower gel. Next day, I tried again for more towels and shower gel and also added the request for turn down service that evening....imagine my disappointment after dropping a bunch on slots machines returning to our room with no extra towels and no turn down service.....I called Rapid Response was told if I still wanted turn down service someone would be right up (this was at 10:20 PM)....at 11:00 PM, I went and got my own #*#^ ice and skipped the chocolate guitar. Small matter but not classy!

Room Tip: Ask for poolside...otherwise you will look at an ugly top of the building ...(Hard Rock paint a mura...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us we appreciate and value your feedback.
Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We got a Beacon Suite for my husbands 30th birthday. It was very spacious and had some cool rock themed features like a guitar pick shaped soap dish, leopard print ironing board, photos of rock legends framed behind the bed. It had a decent view if you looked far out in the distance. The immediate view was of a parking garage and the roof of a building.

Also odd was there was a huge marble balcony but absolutely no furniture on it which was super weird to me. Inside there was a mini bar with a note that has tiny print and is about the size of a 8 1/2 by 11 paper. My husband wanted to chill our champagne and is not a native English speaker. He took out all the stuff on the top shelf not reading the whole thing. Well apparently you are charged the second you remove an item. We called down to have this corrected and they said they'd send someone to document that we had not used anything. We were ready to go downstairs and waited 45 minutes for someone to come. We were told we could RENT a fridge if we needed one for a cost. If I get a suite at a party type hotel, there should definitely be an accessible fridge for me to put stuff in. We ate downstairs at council oak too and would have liked to have put our leftovers somewhere too.

Other downside - room wasn't overly maintained. There was wallpaper missing from where the deadbolt had kept hitting the wall. And the wood floors were scratched from the door opening across it. We also were celebrating a 30th birthday of my husband's and nothing was done for him - not a drink sent to the room, or candies, or a note. We have always had the front desk or concierge send a small something or other when celebrating big occasions like that, so kind of felt that we were just another body taking over a room.

We spent a ton at the casino and dinner, which is probably why our room rate was so low. It is definitely still convenient to stay there and overall still worth it. If the service had been better I would have given them 4 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We appreciate and value your feedback and hope that you will try us again in the future.
St Simons Island, GA
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights here in June and had a fabulous time. Room rates were a tad bit high especially considering how much money we donated in the casino but the room was very clean and spacious. Loved the bathroom and large soaking tub and the keurig coffee naker was a bonus. We were able to checkin 2 hours early and received an upgrade to a pool view. It dud rain the three days we were there but we had a blast regardless. Cookie the bartender in the lobby bar was fabulous - what an asset and the cuban sandwiches in the food court were amazing! Like the extra security by the elevators going to the guest rooms...no key, no elevator ride. While they don't offer the same comps and benefits as Las Vegas or Biloxi it is only a 6 hour drive. We will definitely return.

1 Thank DJSSIGA
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate and value your time and feedback. We can't wait to have you back for more Rockin' fun.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Hosts do not care if you are at the Hotel. Their Food Court Does Not take Comp Dollars anymore. The Slot Machine Buttons & In-Between the Buttons are Disgusting & Dirty. They need to Step it Up for the Regular Customers & Vacationers who come to the Hard Rock. It seem more like a Night Club with the loud music ALL THE TIME!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, we appreciate and value your feedback.
Key Largo, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I made the one-night reservation for the HRH in March, to stay the night after attending a concert at hard Rock Live. I have to say I was a little apprehensive, but, everything far exceeded expectations. From valet parking to the gals on the front desk. Everyone was genuinely friendly and over the top efficient.

We were upgraded to a luxury king without asking. The room was not only clean, but fantastic! Lots of space. Great view. And the giant tub and 9 jet shower were super. Everyone was friendly, always saying "hello."

This was a bit of a stay-cay for us. I enjoyed the pool, while my boyfriend watched World Cup just inside on the big screen. Neither of us gambles, so cannot report on the casino. We had a nice lunch at the HRC. Had a FANTASTIC dinner at Council Oak (review posted). And have to even compliment our breakfast waitress at the Blue Plate. She mentioned that if we were over 55, they had a $5.55 special, which we both ordered and enjoyed.

This was the best one day get away we have had in years (better than Naples Ritz, WPB Ritz, W Ft. Lauderdale, HRH Orlando).
Highly recommended and we are returning tomorrow!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wnbamiamisol
LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thanks for the great review! We appreciate and value the time taken to share your experience with us. And hope to have you back for more rockin' good times in the future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great hotel to enjoy great music, sporting events on giant TV's and a beautiful pool to view the "candy". In addition, they have a fantastic casino with action, action, action. A great place to have fun and never need to leave the property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

1 Thank Ethan E
Thanks for the review Ethan!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hollywood Beach Marriott
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#14 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!