“Billy Joel concert at Hard Rock Hollywood, Florida”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Coral Springs, Florida
“Billy Joel concert at Hard Rock Hollywood, Florida”
Reviewed 3 January 2009

The Hotel is clean. Cigarette smoke is exhausted very well in the gaming areas. The food is very good but quite expensive. The entertainment factor is nothing short of WOW with headliners like Billy Joel. My wife and I attended his show on January 2nd 2009 and were treated to 2 full hours of outstanding music. Billy Joel knows exactly how to mix in his old songs with his new songs to keep the audience on its feet and signing along with him. At one point, Billy Joel turned off the microphones and instructed the band to continue the instrumentals and the audience carried the middle verse and chorus of "American Way". Even Billy Joel was pleased with the overwhelming quality of voice coming from the audience. I opted for the 307 level mostly because of price and partly because a top down view always is better than sitting at floor level and having the ever present groupies stand in front of you all night. It took a telephoto lens to get Billy Joel to look different than his Cal Ripken long distance vision. My only dissapointment was Billy Joel not singing "Uptown Girl" which in my opinion is one of his five biggest hits. I had hoped he would have picked one of the local lovelies from the audience as his "Christie Brinkley" for the evening but no such luck. One note of safety caution. OSHA illustrates 85-decibels as being the maximum constant exposure noise level before damage can occcur in the human ear. My DB-Meter recorded sustained noise levels of 138DB which at times was quite painful. Bring cotton to deaden the pain and you discover the music is more enjoyable as well.

• Liked — Entertainment Availability & Hotel Quality
  • Disliked — Price, Distance from Beach, Arrogance of some small minded staffers
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank pittston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Florida
Reviewed 1 January 2009

I was able to book a room at the Hard Rock hotel for new years eve and even though I'm a local I've never personally stayed there before. Heres a recap of the things we did:

Check in was easy and fast. The room was neat and smelled nice. We asked front desk if we could have a bottle opener and within minutes someone walked up and brought us one. Thumbs up.

Once downstairs we decided to eat dinner at the Blue Plate. We ordered the prime rib special and salmon. The service a little slow, but bearable since a lot of people were seated.

After dinner, we visited the outside Paradise area where all the new years festivities were taking place. Our party had a couple of drinks at Murphys (the only place not charging a cover charge for the night)... About 15 minutes prior to midnight we headed towards the lake area where everyone mentioned they would have a count-down and fireworks..

Well... I'm still waiting for that countdown and fireworks!! Everyone was left hanging there with no warning whatsoever!! We saw the fireworks from the casino next door but along the lakeside... NOTHING!!!

I cannot believe that the Hard Rock couldn't even organize a couple of fireworks to go off and a more "organized" countdown.

Overall, we had a great time and the only reason why I'm giving 3 stars is because they should of had some FIREWORKS!!!!!

• Liked — Room cleanliness
  • Disliked — Smoke smell in the main casino area.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
8 Thank mimi313
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 December 2008

My boyfriend and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. The hotel itself is great, there is something for everyone to do... Gambling, Shopping, Eating, Drinking, Swimming. There are many shops, clubs, bars, restaurants in the immediate area which are great. The comedy club is also very fun. The casino is a little smoky, but then again it is a casino so that is expected. The pool is very nice. There are enough chairs for everyone and the staff outside is very helpful and attentive with bringing by drinks. There is also a nice bar that serves drinks/food outside by the pool. The checking in/out process was a hassle the representatives at the desk and the concierge are totally unhelpful, but this has never stopped us from coming back.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dks61885
Matawan
Reviewed 7 December 2008

Just returned from the Hardrock. We loved it. We were a little apprehensive with regard to the smoke after reading some of the reviews. The smoke is not a big problem. The casino is well ventilated and compared to Vegas and Atlantic City, it is virtually smoke free. The pool area is clean and really fun with the slide. The hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. The restaurants are plentiful and the food is delish! The rooms were nice and cleaning service 2x a day. There is a comedy club, dance clubs, billiards and a lot of shops. There are also many restaurants. Other reviews stated that parking was difficult. When we were there for the 5 days, there was no problem parking with many spots available in several parking lots. We would recommend this hotel and look forward to going back next year.

• Liked — casino/pool area
  • Disliked — smoking in casino and restaurants
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Dewey.Hoyt
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2008

This one night stay while shopping in Ft. Lauderdale will be our last stay at the Hard Rock. Although they advertise as a pet friendly hotel, we were treated like second class citizens every time we brought our 4 pound, well behaved Papillon into the public area INSIDE of her zipped up stroller. We never once let her walk inside the building in the public areas on a leash and still we were told she was not allowed in or near the casino. This is directly opposite to our stay the night before at the new Ritz Carlton on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale which is not only beautiful but incredibly pet friendly. The Ritz is where we will stay from now on when in the Ft. Lauderdale area whether we travel with our pet or not!

• Disliked — service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Karissa-Eudora
NY
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I came to Florida with my fiancee for my Grandmothers 80th birthday and not knowing the hotels in the surrounding areas really didnt know where was a nice, clean, relaxing hotel to stay at. After having a terrible day it seemed like the weekend wasn't going to be all i had hoped for. However to my pleasant surprise things were looking up as soon as we arrived at The Hard Rock. The staff was so gracious and they accomidated us even though we didnt have a reservation. My fiancee and I don't gamble but if you do this is the place to go. The room was spacious and clean. There is also tons to do. Whether you're looking for a restaurant, bar, lounge, shops, or just want to grab some ice cream and walk around they have it here. The next day I layed by the pool which is beautiful and fully staffed. The waitress there was attentive and very pleasant. All and all it was a great hotel. I had a great time at my Grandmothers birthday and would definitely go back to The hard Rock Hotel!!!!

• Liked — The clean and spacious rooms.
  • Disliked — The smoking in the casinos
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jevansny
Tampa
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We went for my friends bachelorette party. The first night everything was fine because we got there at 8 pm and went out. The next day, some more of our friends came and we got a second room but they told us it wasnt ready but they had a room in the other tower on the 7th floor and our other room was different 5th floor and different tower. Finally, we got the right room but the ac did not go below 75 degrees, so it was a little warm. Then the security was extremely rude to us when we went to go to our room, like we couldnt afford to stay there or something. After checkout, I forgot 2 personal items in the bathroom so I went up to the room bc I saw a cleaning lady and she refused to let me in. So, I asked her to go in and described the items exactly and she wouldnt help at all!! She told me to use the phone, did that and front desk NEVER picked up the phone. 15 minutes later, I went down and got my things but nobody was helpful. We had a great time but no thanks to the hotel staff.

• Liked — The fact that the clubs were walking distance and there was a lot to do.
  • Disliked — The hotel staff
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hollywood Beach Marriott
#6 of 66 in Hollywood
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#16 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!