“Pretty and well-equipped house with pool, in a...”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Villa de Paz

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 6 reviews

Reviews from our community

nance_oh
Lubbock
“Do not rent from these people, they may try to randomly accuse/charge you for fraudulent damages”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 for a stay in October 2012

I rented this property for myself and 7 other co-workers in town for a conference for 5 days. The house is okay, not super nice, but just average - it has had a lot of work done to it to. Amenities wise, the kitchen is really nice and large, the dining table is big enough for large group meals, there are plenty of beach towels to use, and the swimming pool is nice (but we didn't use it since it was rainy). The bathrooms are remodeled nicely, but the sliding door in one of them leaks every time you shower.

The location is...okay. It's close to Hollywood Blvd, but we didn't venture much further than that. It's in a residential area and the neighborhood is not the nicest. The neighbors are kind of mean - make sure not to park in front of their houses or they'll come out and yell at you.

One of the neighbors is actually the owner of the house (brother/sister combo). They are a bit invasive and occasionally came over unannounced. We had problems with the internet - which never worked the entire time we were there. When we tried to call the owners to come fix it, we could never get a hold of them. After leaving voice messages, the owners would just walk into the house to try to reset the router (unannounced), and also brought the ComCast guy inside (also unannounced & once when no one was home). This was unsettling because we had expensive personal belongings around the house.

The television in the living room is in an awkward position on a swivel mount, which was mounted to dry wall. Needless to say, when we swiveled the it - the entire thing fell out of the wall. We immediately notified the owners, but they never answered/returned our phone call about it. When they noticed the t.v. in a chair on one of their unannounced visits - they said not to worry about it.

After we got back home, I got an email for a receipt charging me $500, followed by an email from the owner (the sister), saying they we damaged the a sink in the middle bathroom, the t.v./wall in the living room, and that we damaged the floors. They were nice enough to "only charge us for the sink" though. She never sent pictures until I requested them, which came from a random person's cell phone (supposedly the maid). We did a final walk through of the house (without the owners) to make sure we didn't leave anything behind, and we never noticed the large crack/chip in the sink - which was very noticeable in the photos they sent. I think it's a marble sink, so only a sharp bowling ball or tack-hammer could have done that kind of damage - not toothbrushes and floss.

Their communication skills are unprofessional, unpolished, and unpleasant. They own multiple properties and are not professional property managers, as evidenced by their contract. After they sent nasty emails attacking my personal integrity, I ceased communication and disputed the claim with my credit card, and won.

I will never recommend renting from these owners to anyone.

What we liked:
It was cheap and available last minute.
There are 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms - good for large groups.

What we didn't like:
The owners & their proximity to the house.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: It was cheap - but not worth it
Liked least: The owners
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
10 Apr 2013
We are so sorry you felt this way, but as you could see all our reviews have been good. We ask for deposits for this reason and more to young people like you. We take care of our houses for someone to come in break a brand new sink,scratch all the floors. We gave your deposit back cause we do not want problems with our customers.
Next time you rent you will know how to take care of a house.

Connie & Jorge
Helsinki Finland
Reviewed 25 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Older travelers
San Jose
Reviewed 31 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
31 Aug 2012
I am so glad you like the house, yes the bathroom door was leaking but you told us the last day you were leaving, we would have fix it , it was a minor problem. airbed we tried to give you another one you did not want one.
Hope next time you come back it will be better. Yes we live next door but any problem you had, we were right there.

Connie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing