“excellent service”
Review of Cafe Volare - CLOSED

Cafe Volare
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went to Cafe Volare, for the first time and will be only time this weekend. I can say the service was outstanding, the atmosphere was nice, (old needs some updating but quaint), for the food, I ordered the Gnocchi and marinara, (the sauce same pink), no complaints on the flavor, portion was small for the price. My date had the Chicken parm with angel hair pasta in Marinara, asked for extra sauce (it came almost dry and had pink sauce also). For dessert we had the cheesecake, it was made with ricotta cheese and was very tasty, just different, when we really wanted a creamy cheesecake.
One negative, we drank water, while mine tasted fine, my dates water smelled like maybe the glass was washed with a dirty rag, he said his glass was dirty and the next glass smelled the same.
We did not complain, we paid our bill (thank goodness for groupon), and left. We do not plan on going back there, no matter how nice the people were. Service was only reason it got an average rating. Others may not have issues but we did.

1  Thank tammyv

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I usually eat at a joint up the street and thought I would give this place a shot. First the cesar tasted like it came out of a box. The waiter tried to pass dry pasta from a box for fresh pasta - had he not said anything - I would not have been under whelmed by the pasta. Both my dining partner and my shrimp were under cooked. We had to add salt, pepper and butter from the table just in order to taste anything. Then the waiter tried to push dessert on us. I was dining with a diabetic who said she couldn't have sugar. The waiter kept pushing that a little was ok. I was in shock that he would just keep up the discussion. I should have headed to my usual spot. I promise you that I will not be visiting again.

Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Avoid at all cost, tacky, dirty, cook/owner is nice but bad altogether. It looks awful from the outside and we should of just walked past but thought we'd give it a try. At one point we thought we might be on a prank TV show as it was so ridiculous. Dirty, awful food, wait staff were dressed in dirty clothes. They need to get out of the restaurant business!!!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

A small restaurant which allowed for excellent service. The sauces were all delicious and the home made Cesar salad dressing was outstanding. Try the homemade cheesecake - it was excellent

3  Thank asheffrin
Reviewed 30 December 2012

One of the friendliest restaurants we have ever run into in Sothern Florida. The owner/chef Manolo Guerra (from Ecuador) and is wife (from Australia) handle all the cooking duties on a rather limited but good menu in this quaint little café on quiet Harrison Street in downtown Hollywood. Manolo personally came to our table to explain the menu, the specials and then encourages us to tell him whatever we want and how we wanted it prepared even if it wasn’t on the menu. Then before we could even make up our minds on what to order he has an order of Bruschetta brought to us on him. We did order off the menu and my wife got the homemade Raviole stuffed with lobster, spinach, ricotta and four cheeses; served in pink/vodka sauce and I got the Shrimp and Calamari pasta in a light tomato base. I request medium spiciness and they prepared it perfect. Both entrées were excellent and the servings are large. Not much of a wine selection but we had their house chardonnay and a melbec and both were very good and only $5.50 a glass. When we were done eating Manolo tried to talk us into one of their good sounding deserts but we were too full and declined so then he offered an after dinner on him. This guy has the right mind set to run a restaurant as he seems to cherish each customer, instead of the attitude you get at a lot of places where they feel they are doing you a favor by letting you come in the door. There was only one minor distraction and that was some kids playing in the corner of the restaurant that got a little loud at times, but otherwise couldn’t have asked for a better feel good experience. Our total bill with 4 glasses of was only $60, which was a real bargain for the good food and the whole friendly dining experience. We will be back!!

2  Thank Jeff935