“A favorite at our Hollywood Beach hotel.”
Review of Chinatopia - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chinatopia
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Hollywood
“A favorite at our Hollywood Beach hotel.”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I am the Assistant Operations Director and Marketing Director at the Neptune Hollywood Beach and when we opened this past November, Chinatopia was one of the first places that delivered to us. The staff here loves it and we make sure all of our patrons receive the menus when they come in. They are always very prompt, Gidget seems to be the only person that delivers to us, she is wonderful, very friendly.
Love the Mu Shu Pork, Crab Rangoons also recently tried their cold noodles and chicken in peanut sauce.
Now, I have had this at a few places, all seem to do it differently.
It's not my favorite at Chinatopia, but it was still tasty. I have had it with sweet pickles in it and that makes all the flavors come together. so perhaps after this review they will consider adding it in there for me.
Nothing is ever bad at all. Always terrific. Keep up the great work. we will continue to send our patrons at the hotel to you.

• Visited February 2014

Tallahassee, Florida
“Local Favorite, Tourist Treat”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This family-owned an operated Chinese restaurant is walking distance to Downtown Hollywood, right on Young Circle. Consistent with traditional Chinese restaurants, its prices and menu will be very familiar to any out-of-town visitor. The surprise is the professional, friendly staff. I really get the feeling that they take a lot of pride in providing great food, great service and a very pleasant dining experience to everyone that visits.

• Visited December 2012
South Florida
“the food & owner/family is what makes this chinese special”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

this is an excellent restaurant right in my neighborhood and i highly recommend it!

dave and his family remember his regular clients. i think his food is special because it's always freshly cooked and he uses quality ingrediants. he doesn't cut corners to bring his price down a dollar or two - i'd rather pay for plump shrimp, fresh vegetables and good sized/American servings.

i am celiac and frequenting a restaurant that i can trust is very important. i have to be sure that if i request no soy sauce or flour, that is what will happen.

i have my favorites - vegetable soup, shrimp curry and lettuce wraps (no sauce for me). i think these are all delicious, the sauces are light, and the vegetables especially fresh.

you will often find dave's extended family enjoying dinner together - and laughing, which is another indication of a nice family friendly place. i am a solo diner, and feel more than comfortable sitting with my book at any time of the day or evening.

there is always a "hi", "how are you?", "coming in from work?" or some other acknowledgement of my being a regular customer. they remember my favorites and are right there to refill my water glass (they must think i'm dehydrated when i come in?!).

it's right in downtown hollywood. only problem is knowing where to park and that might mean a drive or two around the block. personally for me, the deck parking lot is the most available and easy (free) and just a couple of blocks to walk to chinatopia.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank PattyMayG
Aventura, Florida
“Delivery is On point with great homemade Chinese Food”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Owners are chinese and are doing a great job there. Hot and sour soup is off the hook a must as well as the pork dumplings. I dnt like pork so much but this one is great!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Natasha D
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Good value and food”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

owner david treats you like family. Food is good and well valued. Great service. They will bend over backwars to make sure you're happy.

Visited May 2012