“Outstanding pizza and drinks” 5 of 5 bubbles

Capone's Flicker Lite
Ranked #79 of 591 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Outstanding pizza and drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Great pizza and drinks. I had the chicken bacon ranch pizza and it was out of this world. The crust was delicious and you can get all different types in different sizes. The mixed drinks were outstanding as well. Beautiful view as well as it's located right along the intercoastal waterway

Visited December 2013

Miami, Florida
“Disappointing, Should Be A Lot Better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stop in on a Sunday afternoon for lunch and left with too many regrets to think that we would be back. Our first hint that this would probably be the case was when we walked in and there were less than ten customers in a sports bar on an NFL Sunday afternoon when the home team is being broadcast on nice flat screen televisions.

This does not really discourage us so we grab a few seats at the bar where a less than friendly bartender approaches us without even cracking a smile. We get the feeling he would rather be at home or at one in the afternoon it has already been a long day for him.

I make inquires about Capone's wings and he really does not seem knowledgeable about the kitchen's offerings. When I asked if or what dry rub flavorings they had he just suggested that I could get them plain. In my “wing book” there is a big difference between a dry rub flavoring, for example lemon pepper and plain.

I settle for the “Honey Garlic” wings while Mrs Kensington orders up the “Pot Stickers”. Although the “Pot Stickers” were well presented, they were hard and chewy as if they had been cooked right out of the freezer. Without a doubt the worst “Pot Stickers” we had ever had and we have had our share of them from all over the globe.

My “Honey Garlic” wings were nothing more than average and came swimming in sauce. Out of an order of ten, I only ate about five of them hoping they would grow on me but it just did not happen.

Thinking we could still save this disappointing experience we inquire about ordering a few slices of pizza to go along with finishing off our cold frosted ones. Surprisingly, although this is a “Chicago” style pizzeria they do not sell pizza by the slice. Our only option, a personal pizza which we decide to give a shot.

Like “Pot Stickers” I have had my share of “Chicago” pizzas and our personal pizza comes no where close to any of the pies I have had in “The Windy City”.

Chomping on the over baked hard crust with little or no cheese or flavor, I feel like I eating something that I might see on the ice at a Chicago Blackhawks game.

To top off our bad dining experience, a trip to an outdated, missing fixtures, “falling down” bathroom puts the nail in the coffin for us ever returning to Capone's unless that place that is probably hotter than a pizza oven freezes over.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank DMBTraveler
Melbourne, Florida
“Late night BITE!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I do not go to the Flicka as often as I used to, and when I do it's for a Burger or a Mahi sandwhich. I was however hungry last night. I asked Richie how the Chicken Marshall was? Hey, he own's the joint so silly question right. I told him to hook it up only if he had Linguine. He had and made it. I gotta tell ya I was impressed. It was really good. Chicken was tender and the Pasta was al'dente. Perfect. And the gravy was not smothering everything either. I would recommend you try it. Lots of beer on Tap and the world is better.

Zebulon, North Carolina
“Very bad or very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Went there on our first night in Hollywood beach and had Selena as our waitress. Great night! She kept the beers flowing, made us laugh, and good pizza. We did have the calamari which wasn't great but who cared because we were having fun? So we went back the next night. Mistake! Waited over an hour for a burger and a shrimp quesidilla, waitress kept coming back apologizing , and said that the manager said they would comp us for the bad service. Finally, when we got our food she brought our bill. She ask us for our names and said the NEXT time we come in they will comp us. REALLY? REALLY? We need to comp BACK so you can make up for the awful service? We ask for the manager who wasn't "Available". However, when we walked out, we walked by a glass window where a man who appeared to be very much in charge was giving a bunch of young employees something out of pill bottles... You decide....

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank bchduty1
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Italian beef ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

There are slim pickings when it comes to good food in Hollywood, but Capone's never fails to please! The Chicago Italian Beef sandwich is by far the best beef sandwich ever, even compared to the ones back in Chicago. While caring for my grandmother we have been going there twice a week because we love the food. I love sitting outside on the inter-coastal as well. Love Capone's, it's a family favorite.

• Visited November 2013