This small inn,of a size and style typical for the area, is very charming with a delightful garden/courtyard and many cozy touches. The rooms are decorated on the eclectic side--the art, linens, furniture are an interesting combination of styles, and the whole place feels more like being at your friend's house than in a hotel. We stayed in a studio room, which was small but functional with a kitchenette and space to eat right in the room. The bathroom was right out of 50's in terms of tile, shower, and size. For a short stay this was fine, but it would have been cramped to stay longer and try to actually cook and maneuver the bathroom with another person. I was less than happy though with the bed, what felt like an old double bed that was well past its useful life. Check on the bedding in the room if you are going to stay here. The beach is very nice, the area is quite residential and away from the rows of little restaurants and hotels that dot Hollywood Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely seaside inn, nestled between beautiful parks, the intracoastal and the azure Atlantic. Footsteps to a very private beach. Minutes from attractions. Extremely clean, award winning studios, efficiencies and one bedroom apartments. Free parking, bikes, beach chairs, umbrellas and towels. Tropical gardens with gazebos and bbq. Many amenities. Warm and friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Desoto Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Desoto Oceanview Hotel Hollywood
- The Desoto Inn Hollywood, Florida