We spent a 2-night getaway at Villa-Sinclair with two friends during a gloriously warm January weekend recently. The four of us have traveled together before so we decided to share one room. We made our reservations by phone with the owner, Mr. Hughes, and arrived late afternoon on a Friday.
Our host was gracious and welcoming and checked us into our suite, #1, called the “Suite Matisse.” The private bedroom is adjoined to a common kitchen/living area with private bath, and a futon folds out to a second queen bed.
The rooms are fully furnished and heavily decorated. There is a long, long list of standard amenities, and an even longer list of optional, additional-charge items. We came prepared with our own beach towels and sheets and a comforter for the futon queen bed, and so did not incur the additional charge for the extra linens and bedding for the other couple in the room. We were charged the $10/person/night add-on charge for the 3rd and 4th guests in the room. That charge is not unreasonable, but it should have been quoted to us in our rate when we made the reservation by phone since we told Mr. Hughes we’d be four to the room.
We enjoyed the visit very much. The location is outstanding — less than 150 feet from the Hollywood Broadwalk. On-street parking is handled through a city-wide parking pass ($15/stay additional), and allows you to park one car in any city-owned street side space, city garage or city lot. We found parking hard to come by during the busy Saturday afternoon and nighttime hours, and wound up parking a few short blocks away in the city garage at Michigan Street. Not a big hassle, but be prepared to spend some time looking for parking during busy weekends.
The common areas of the Villa-Sinclair are very spacious and inviting. Mr. Hughes welcomed us with a free champagne by the outdoor fire pit on Friday night. We spent part of the following night playing cards and watching movies and the NFL playoffs on the outdoor big screen. It’s a wonderful place to relax, meet your fellow guests, have fun and enjoy refreshments or food from you room. And the Organic Brewery is just steps away at the corner of Polk and the Broadwalk, so there’s plenty of fresh craft beer close by as well!
Mr. Hughes runs a nice property. He could make life simpler for his guests with these changes:
1. State the required Wi-Fi connection/phone/fax fees ($20 + tax per stay or per week) in the quoted rate; we were charged this fee even though we did not use the Wi-Fi, fax or phone at all during our stay.
2. Simplify and condense the email reservation confirmation sent to guests. Our confirmation ran to 9 very-hard-to-read printed pages. There is no reason a hotel confirmation needs to be more than a single page: guest contact info, date in and out, number of rooms, number of beds, rate per day, taxes, and any special required fees (parking, resort fees, etc.). Nine pages is just too too much to deal with.
We recommend the Villa-Sinclair if you want to stay VERY close to, but not ON, the Broadwalk in Hollywood. The property and guest rooms are very nice, clean, safe and fully-appointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated 3 Diamonds AAA,3.5 Emeralds SSHVW, SEH, HBBA & first & Only BBB A+ Rated Hotel Rating since 2005 in Hollywood Beach Florida. Villa Sinclair offers oversized Studios, 1 & 2 Bedroom Beach suites very well appointed all with Full equipped Kitchen, full Bath, 32" Flat Screen TV-DVD-CD-IPod-IPhone Docking-Phone-Fax-Fast Internet. Rates include a lot of free goodies like complimentary welcome pineapple, chocolates on the bed, sun cream lotion, Beach towels, Beach chairs Cooler, Coffee, Tea, Creamer, Coconut Shampoo & conditioner & Soap, Candles, 200 FREE cable Channels, 40 FREE Dvds movies in suite, 2000 to exchange, 10 FREE Cds to listen to & 1 Hour per day/suite detailed FREE Daily Maid Service. 100 Feet from the Beach & Boardwalk, Property features 6,000SQF of Tropical Lounge, Hot tub, Sauna, 2 Outside Showers, 5 BBQs, 2 fire places, 2 Hammocks, 5 Beachside Cabanas, Outside Bathroom & Sundeck, a covered IPad Cafe Beach Lounge with FREE WIFI, IPad Rental, Espresso, Cappuccino, Teas, Bar d'Eaux, Soft Bar, with 50" Flat Screen TV Outside with cable & Netflix, 6 feet Wide Movie screen with Projector, Bicycles Rental, Free Beach toys for the kids, Laundry with washer, dryer & Iron & Iron board, VIP City wide Parking Pass or VIP Reserved Parking on Property & Property owner on site almost 24/7 to respond to all guests needs. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sinclair Beach Suites And Spa
- Villa Sinclair Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa Hollywood, Florida