“Glad I Stayed @ Villa Sinclair for the week”

Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had search many locations in the Hollywood / Ft Lauderdale Beach Area. I wanted something on the beach with a comfortable atmosphere. My first impression was much more than what I had expected. The rooms are fully loaded with just about everything you can think of. Cool, Comfortable, Cosy, Charming Studio.
They played soothing music while our group had a bonfire, roasted marshmallows, and enjoying the cool night air. All my friends keep thanking me for the perfect hotel selection made.
Will definitely return next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard S

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I am from Wisconsin and visitied Hollywood Beach recently, and I feel I stayed at the best place on the beach. Villa Sinclair provides personalized service and convenience. All the rooms are beautifully decorated and the cabana area is fantastic if you want to feel you are in a secluded tropical haven. I highly recommend Villa Sinclair for all ages, families and couples. There is something for everyone. You will love the broadwalk and being able to walk just a few steps to the beach, restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Try to be there on a Friday night - there is a complimentary chanpayne reception for all guests!! Wh...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eileen A
Reviewed 5 March 2014

After looking at some of the previous reviews, I was a little hesitant but I am so happy I went with my gut! My experience was wonderful! The location was wonderful, right on the beach! It is a beautiful, tiny little hotel with such personal service! Whatever I needed, they provided! They went above and beyond.My kids watched movies on the big screen outdoors with popcorn, pizza, ice cream and s'mores. We were invited to a free BBQ that was incredible. My kids and I had such a wonderful experience here I would not consider going anywhere else the next time I visit Hollywood, FL.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Andrea M
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay @ Villa Sinclair
& have appreciated our dedicated Services from our Team.
& unique amenities & features steps from the Beach & Hollywood Beach Boardwalk
We are always working on improving & making it better,
With each year over $50,000 of improvement for the past 11 years
We are looking forward to see you again @ the Villa

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Run, don't walk away from this place. A total rip off. Stayed 5 days here, and found it to be extremely poor value. Where to start? First of all, for $180.00 per night I expected at least a modicom of quality in furnishing. Furnishings were tattered and worn as if they had been purchased form a flea market. Bed was too small for two people to sleep in. Rickety and shaky, with threadbare sheets and pillows. I ended up on the equally poor couch almost every night. Broken TV. All the shades in both rooms were broken. Tiny cheap air conditioners that were so loud, that they kept us up all night. Refrigerator was blocked by a wall, so you could not even open the door all the way. And the owner Hughes, acted like he was doing you a big favor to stay there. I don not think he would like to pay $180.00 a night for a cheesy and tiny room. Bathroom so small that you could not close the door while you are sitting on the toilet. And they charge you the full fee upon your reservation. Anyplace on the Ft Lauderdale Broadwalk would be better than this place. I travel all over the world, and even in Thailand, Cambodia, India, etc I get better value than this. All and all a total rip-off. Never again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JonnyO007
Villa-Sinclair, Manager at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Sorry we didn't meet your expectations;
You stayed during Peak Winter Season, in Hollywood Beach Florida, 100 feet from the Beach & the Boardwalk in a 550 SQF 1 Bedroom Beach Suite for 2 to 4 persons, with full Equipped Kitchen, full Bath, 1 Separate Bedroom with Queen Bed, 2 X 32" Flat Screen TV-DVD with 200 Free Channels, 50 Free Music Channels & 40 FREE DVDs to watch- CD-Radio-Tape-IHome IPhone-IPod Docking- Mini Bar- Desk & chairs with Phone-Fax-Fast Internet Access- Daily Maid Service.
the 32" Flat Screen TV-DVD with 200 Free Channels & 50 Music Channels work perfectly & we were here to show you how to use the TV-DVD remote & the Comcast Cable Channels remote if you had any difficulty, just ask!

If you had reserved earlier, you could have ask for a "King bed suite, either a Beach studio or 1 Bedroom Suite, if the Queen size of the bed was an issue for you.

Included in your Stay for the Price you complained about, you got:
a 550 SQF Beach Suite with Full Kitchen Full Bath, not a 235 SQF Hotel Room,
You got Free Welcome Pineapple- Free Chocolates on the Bed- Free Coffee Tea & Creamer
Free Sun Cream Lotion -Free Beach Towels & Beach Chairs - Free Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner & Soap- Free Detailed Maid Services for 1 Hour a day- Free Stay for Kids under 12, Free WIFI- Free Friday's Champagne by the Fire- Free Movie Night Out on 6" wide Screen with Free Popcorn- Free Netflix on 50" Flat Screen TV @ IPad Cafe- Free 1 Day Bike Rental for 2/stay- Free 1 Hour Photo Shoot & 60 Photos Souvenir on CD-

I don't know any other 3 Diamonds AAA Villa Hotel in Hollywood Beach Florida offering anything comparable & all the above included for less.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The pictures and videos on the internet made the place look very neat and appealing. Unfortunately, they did not tell you the truth. Please see the real pictures of Villa Sinclair underneath.

The building was old and rundown. Beach Suite, Van Gogh #2, was filthy and stinking, in spite of final deep cleaning fee of $30/weekly stay. The area under the bed hasn't been cleaned for a very long time. It was full of dust, dirt, rubbish and some white powder, also used other places in the suite, most likely to kill some crawlers. No idea what the bugs were but we saw them running on the washroom counter and dead in the cabinet. See the pictures.

For the past 25 years my husband has traveled in business all over North-America and stayed in many different places from luxury honeymoon suites to small bed & breakfasts in remote villages. Never before has he seen anything like Villa Sinclair.

The confirmation reservation email was nine pages long from their certified ratings to car rentals, shuttles and taxis, maps and directions, free stuff (like 30 wooden hangers to use), complimentary stuff ( like daily maid service - $5 to $10 per day tip suggested), VIP Guest offers, cancellation policy, hurricane cancellation policy, rates for the stay - ( 50% due 60 days prior check in, 50% 30 days prior check in. Payment was asked to be send early in full by check to reduce their credit card commission fees), another list of the free staff included in your stay, etc, etc...

The place was full of junk they wanted to sell, in the fridge, on top of the fridge, in the living room, in front of the fireplace, in the bedroom and in the bathroom. Price lists everywhere that also let you know "Anything open, broken or missing will be considered sold. Do not replace any item. You will still be charged."

Loud air conditioning kept us awake. Loud music playing all day long on the yard, movies at night right outside of suite #2. Not a peaceful, quiet, relaxing place for a holiday. There was something we enjoyed, nice beach and the boardwalk!

We will not return to Villa Sinclair and do not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank kari1545
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Villa Sinclair is rated 3 Diamonds AAA, Inspected by AAA, SEH & The State of Florida, we provide detailed Maid Services daily for 6 Hours, followed by a detailed inspection before each guest check in, Maid, Owner & Host are also on site to respond to any Guests concern immediately if we had missed anything!

The pictures feature in this review does not belong to our property & were posted to discriminate our Hotel, as a result of a disputed bar & Services bill for products consumed & additional services rendered.
We Gladly invite anyone to inspect any of our suites anytime to prove it!!!

Concerning the other remarks, we have 1 Page both side provided to guests upon check in & posted on each in-suite fridge with 1 side all the FREEbies included in their Stay & on the Other side, the Mini bar & Services additional available for a fees upon consumption. like a Bar or Restaurant Menu, it can be read in less than 2 minutes to help Guests enjoy their stay with all the FREEbies & the Mini Bar Provided & additional Services available.

Yes, we have a 9 pages email confirmation reservation written in font 12 & 14, so guests can not say we try to hide anything. in order to provide the Best services to our guests we post in writing an exhaustive list our Amenities, Complimentary Services, our Mini Bar & additional Services, our directions from the airports, what's to do around & our Conditions & terms & cancellation policy in accordance with the BBB & Villa Sinclair has been rated A since 2005, as we try to be the most forward possible & in writing to avoid any misunderstanding. You can read it
We are dedicated to the satisfaction of our Guests & work & live on site to respond to any needs or concern.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Location is great, so close to the beach & large choice of restaurants, in a quiet street. Our suite was comfortable & well appointed, with an unusual array of inclusions & free extra's. It really could have been so much better if everything was so much simpler & straightforward. No one wants to read lengthy contracts & rules when arriving tired from a flight or long drive, or have to read fine print in the numerous notices posted everywhere. Wifi should either be free or not free, not dependent on which service you happen to log onto. Parking should be one price, not dependent on whether you park on the street or driveway. Because so many things are not included free, we did not know whether we could use the nice courtyard or not. These small things detract from what could have been a wonderful relaxing stay. We also found the fans & airconditioning very noisy which made sleep difficult for us. We would have liked to have turned them off & opened windows (which had insect screens) but all of the windows had been srewed shut, which made the suite stuffy & airless at times.
The final straw for us was getting a note suggesting how much we should tip the cleaner (surely that should be up to us) when the sheets & towels had not been changed once during our 6 night stay. Really could have been so much better as the place is charming & has so much to offer, and is good value if you are careful about what you do and use.

Room Tip: Would imagine all rooms have the same issues, but our suite had a small view of the sea which was ni...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter C
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review.
Villa Sinclair Features Not Hotel room but beach Studios, 1 & 2 bedroom beach suites with full equipped Kitchen, Full bath with mini bar, we provide to our guests the most amenities & Services
Either FREE or for a minimal fee.
1. WIFI is FREE at the IPad cafe, & clearly indicated on your phone/fax in your suite, when activating your Phone/fax/wifi/data port, you also activate UNLIMITED call long distance phone/fax/data port in the US for a week for only $20/week/stay 1 time connection fee!!

2. We provide a bar & services menu to cover Guests needs & anticipation of services & amenities upon registration, which takes 2 minutes to read, any question, you have your host on site to respond...
Bar & menu of Services was given in hand to You, posted on your suite's fridge, in your in suite book, in the lobby...
With 1 side all the FREEbies included, 1 side the bar & services for a fee.

3. 1 hour/suite daily detailed maid services is FREE, recommended tips,
Follows the Hotel & Restaurant recommendation for the services industry & is entirely upon the guests satisfaction & appreciation of the Services rendered by our Maid.

4. 10 FREE towels & $1/ for additional towel were available to you upon request
Or if used towels were placed in the Bath tub daily to be changed.

5. We offer the Convenience of affordable Reserved VIP Parking on the Property for $12/day
Or $5/Day Citywide Parking pass on the Street anywhere in the City of Hollywood,
Are 2 options offered to you for your car
instead of $2/hour ($48/day!!) Beach street Parking 24/7 by the city of Hollywood!!!

Once again, we try to provide you the maximum services
For you to enjoy every minute of your vacation
2 minutes reading, as suggested in person upon check in
of our ONE page bar menu & services would have answered
All your remarks & allow you to enjoy your stay to the fullest

Remember,
money will be long forgotten
But Memories shared with your love one
Are for ever...
We hope that beyond the details you posted,
You have appreciated all our Amenities,
the Cleaningness, the detailed services
& location steps from the Beach &
Hollywood Beach Boardwalk.

Very truly yours

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Why do you nickel and dime your guests?
We stayed at the Villa Sinclair for three nights for my daughter's wedding. My daughter and her groom had rented the entire hotel for the three nights. Since she use to work for you, my daughter knew of your deceitful business practices and had specifically arranged with you the services and goods she wanted and what she didn't want from you. You chose to ignore these prior arrangements.
My daughter told you ahead of time that they would not need your services during the wedding, but you decided to attend along with two others and charged my daughter for the service of three people.
When the caterer was setting up, you told them they didn't need to use their linens because you already had some. Then you charged my daughter extra for the use of your linens.
When the DJ was setting up, he had his own tables, but you told him that you already had some and he didn't need to use his. Then you charged my daughter extra for the use of your tables.
My daughter bought a lot of drinks and iced them down in buckets, but you gave your drinks to the wedding guests and then charged extra for the drinks. My daughter's drinks were left over. My daughter offered to restock you bar, but you would not allow this.
You even charged guests for parking passes when they didn't even have a car.
The rooms and refridgerators were packed full of things that cost extra. We had to take most of your stuff out of the refridgerator so we could fit our stuff in. You even put stickers over the expiration dates on the cookies in the room to hide the fact that they were old. (And of course your rule is if you open it you buy it.)
You also charge $200 for a lost key. We went to Key West when we left your hotel and the lost key charge there was $25.
You have a charming hotel in a great location. My advice to you, if you want people to return, is to stop overcharging and trying to cheat your guests.
We will not return and will warn others of your deceitful business practices.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Chip416
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Past Guest
following your review, I want to clarify a few points with you:

First, at check in, you signed & agreed on the registration on the Bar & services menu, which gave you on 1 side an exhausted list of FREEbies Included in your stay which you enjoyed & on the other side the Bar & Menu of Services. Our 1 Bedroom Beach Suite are for 2 persons, with Possibility to accommodate 2 additional persons, Kids under 12 years old stay FREE, 3rd & 4th adult pay $10/Night/Person. You got charged for what you consumed nothing else. As you signed & agreed & as posted on your fridge during your entire stay. I already gave you $16.65 credit for the 3 days Suite Parking pass used by your relative staying in another suite & return in your suite....
You also making reference of $200 Charge for Lost Keys in our Menu of Services, you didn't lost your keys, we didn't charge you for that & Yes, for the security of our Next Guests, if a Suite's Key is lost, we change the locks front & back of the Suite, so no one not registered can enter & our Guests can feel Safe...

Second, as a Gift to the Bride & Groom, out of 6 suites rented, I gave 1 Beach Studio FREE for 3 nights since she was my past Maid & "Friend/Neighbor", the Bride & Groom got their Beach Studio FREE for 3 NIGHTS!!!!

Third, The Groom signed the registration & menu of services & was responsible for the Bar & Menu of Services of 3 suites & aware of the Cost for his own wedding, the cost for the Beach Lounge Party & set up, nevertherless, up to the day of the wedding, absolutely no plan were made by the Bride & Groom until the morning of the Wedding, we had to manage your party of 42 persons last minute serving your family & Friends with my team with a total of 30 hours of service.
Contrary to your comment, none of the 3 persons, myself included eat anything of your buffet as we saw how unsanitory your outside unlicensed catering service was preparing your food inside their Van on our driveway!!!

Fourth, on the day of the wedding, at 10 am, the Groom's father asked to open the soft bar & Cafe but when he left, NO one was responsible to pay for it. because your own drinks were not cold! We helped setting up your buffet from unlicensed & totally unprepared Catterer, who had NO tables & NO Cover table, we served your own alcohol, We bought 6 bags of Ice, We provided plates, 100's of Plastic cups, ustensils for service, we help decorated, cleaned & made sure your party get the best service for 14 hours straight...

My Maid & my girfriend attended the wedding in order to serve your party & I personnally worked from 10 am to 1 am, making sure our entire patio lounge was not trashed & always pleasant for your party & event...

Fifth, at check out of 3 of the groom's Beach Suites, we gave an additional discount of $214 of in suite services provided & not charged & the Groom's Father who asked to have the Open Soft Bar during the Beach Lounge Wedding Party never offer to pay for it & left a "Generous" $10 tips for 3 days of service in our 2 bedroom Beach Suite for 5 persons for the maid...

Sixth, I was also the Photographer & the Bride & Groom got also 2 CDs of 161 Photos of their wedding absolutely FREE! 161 photos shows everyone was satisfied & how nice & clean the 14 hours Beach Lounge Party was.

When presenting the bill of the Beach Lounge Party, we add an additional "$150 Cool People discount" equal to 70% of the Open Soft Bar FREE!!! Less than our of cost!!!!!
So why are you complaining for $15 Table & Cover rental, Bride & Groom got an additional $150 OFF "Cool People Discount"?
We even allowed the Groom to replace the 23 sodas served to reduced his bill by $46!!!!

In which Hotel or Bar do you ever replace the drinks you got served to avoid to pay for them & to avoid to pay for service????

Sixth, the wedding is over for 2 weeks, we provided the services We gave over $1,000 in FREE Stay, discounts & FREE Service & we even gave 30 Days terms for the Groom to pay off the $345 balance bill as his Credit Card on file has been declined since even for $50!!!!!.

Normally, for any party of 10 of more, we included 18% Tips for service!!! the Groom paid $0 for service for the 30 hours of Service from the Maid, my Girlfriend & myself, so we worked 30 Hours for FREE for your entire family!!!!!

For your information, the Bride, as Past Employee & the Groom, as "Self Proclaimed to be my Friend" got the most Discount, Stay for FREE in their Beach Studio for 3 Nights, got the very least expensive, still unpaid Beach wedding & Party ever in 10 years in business...

$450 Value with FREE studio for the Bride & Groom for 3 Nights
$150 Open Bar Discount
$46 Credit on Soft Drinks replacement from Open Bar
$70.80 in Florida Hotel Sales Taxes
$214 of Services, Bar & Parking not charged on 3 suites
$100 in Tips for service unpaid
---------
$1030.80 Total Discount
Reducing the final bill for 14 hours Beach Lounge Wedding & Party for 42 persons & including Open Bar to $645 only!!!! & I got paid only $300 so Far!!!!

You all enjoyed it, but none of your Family & friends help to pay for it...
so as "Friend & Host" we are the one who gave the MOST to the Bride & Groom!!!!

on top of all, The Groom Credit card was declined for even $50 & got paid only $300 & I am still waiting for the groom to pay $345 Balance with 1 MONTH terms due June 4th 2013 as well as $308 Tools he "borrowed" from me, since October 25th 2012 & never return.

As the pictures shows & comments I got from the Bride & Groom's Family & Friends, everyone was very satisfied & you all had a wonderful time & the least expensive wedding & Beach Lounge Party ever, together at our Villa Hotel;

But it's a Business not a Charity & with the Bride & Groom we were more Generous than their own family, giving our time & Service for FREE & now stabbing us in the Back with negative review, unpaid bill & Text insults & Treats, as we could have made $1,500 or more for the same services & accommodation the same weekend for any other wedding.....

Where ever you come from, I can tell you that NO One else, would have gave away so much discount, time & effort for so little in return & for so much aggravation from the Groom before the wedding & after the wedding...

I have the detailed reduced bill, still $345 unpaid final bill, 161 photos & 2 witnesses to prove it.