“Warm, friendly atmosphere”

Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Villa Sinclair is a small friendly hotel, run by a family that has your comfort in mind. The rooms are clean, but the salt ocean air causes a lot of rust. So you may think things are not as pristine as the pictures, but it really is a clean comfortable place to stay. You get special attention, and the owner is more than happy to accommodate your needs. They have many free amenities, as well as a lot of supplies available to you in the room for you convenience at a price. The price list is clear and always posted in the room. I checked the prices at the local food marts and the hotel prices are equal or less. You can get your own food and snacks and not touch their supplies if you wish. So the complaints on the internet regarding the extra charges are false and misleading. You have total control of those charges, they are a great convenience for most travelers, especially for travelers from other countries.
When we arrived our coffee pot did not work and the owner replaced it immediately with a new one. We had guest arrive on the night of the Champaign party and the owner invited them to join at not charge to us. He gave them all Champaign and there were quite a few of them. He was very attentive and made it an evening to remember. Our room was cleaned every day, the free beach chairs and towels were a wonderful convenience. Most of the hotels charge extra for that. The beach and boardwalk is a few feet away, and all shopping is walking distance. There is a fully stocked kitchen and use of the barbeque. A Trolley car is available for $1.00 to take you downtown or along the beachfront.
It was in the center of everything, but was still very quiet, relaxing and quaint. Our room was decorated with a warm welcoming style, not like the generic hotel style. It felt more like you were a guest at someone's home. We were in the Monet suite #5. Definitely a beautiful place with character. We even had a partial beach view. There is no pool, but the beach is why you are there. The hot tub and sauna area is wonderful and they have lots of places outside to relax out of the sun and rest.
There is a parking fee, but all the hotels had a parking fee. Some were more than double in price to park than this hotel. The hotel had only 6 rooms, so it was like home away from home. When we return to Hollywood Florida, I definitely would use this hotel again. The owner was always available to you, and very friendly. We had a wonderful time and look forward to returning with friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 2mariann

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a small Spanish-style mansion built in the early 40's, now comprising either 6 or 7 suites. Our group rented upstairs Suite #4 (Renoir Suite) for a week in early April. Our 2 BR suite (with small kitchen) was clean and about the right size for 3 or 4 people. The bathroom looked recently (and nicely) redone. The interior furnishings are generally a mix of antiques and quaint "shabby chic". However, overall, the property oozes personality. The property's strengths are 1) its grounds, which are very nicely set up for small groups to sit or lounge around, grill and dine outdoors, hang or dine under 1 of 3 commercial-grade canopies, lie in a hammock or sit around a fire pit, or soak in the hot tub (no swimming pool here), and 2) very friendly and accommodating proprietors. Very close (1 short block) to the boardwalk/beach, and about 2 short blocks to several good restaurants on Ocean Drive (on the Intracoastal Canal). The unit was extensively furnished and well stocked. I agree with lansingmitch that all one needs to do is simply read the very visible and clear instructions provided in the unit for what stocked items in the suite will be charged for, if used, and either set them aside and don't use them, or be prepared to pay for them at the posted prices. Come on, if you're going to eat the cookies or use the bag of charcoal, don't complain about having to pay for them! Just go to the store and buy your own, for God's sake. All in all, a very relaxing, satisfying stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RandyW19
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guests
Thank you for your Appreciation in your Review of our Dedicated Services
as our Goal is for YOU to enjoy at its BEST the most important time of your Life:
Your Vacation!
Because you deserve it...
We do our Very Best to make it Unique
& a positively unforgettable experience!
Looking forward to see you again
As our Guests & Friends
Truly Yours,
Hughes Longelin
Owner & Host

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My partner and I returned last week from 9 great days in Florida, 4 of them spent at Villa Sinclair. First off, after reading some reviews with complaints about unexpected charges, I have to say that the complaints are totally unfounded. The owner (Hughes) does indeed offer quite a few things for sale in the units (from a spa gift basset for $90) to wine to water. That said, both the contract sent prior to arrival and printed highly visible cost sheets in the units make it very clear what is free and what is not and at what cost. Frankly, I thought paying $2 for a 1/2 liter of chilled water or $16 for a decent enough bottle of wine was both reasonable and very convenient. Importantly, Hughes also provides many free extras not typically found in any lodging. For example, one night there was a movie shown outside with popcorn provided… on another (I think weds) he lights a fire, freely pours champagne and has marshmellows ready to roast. The suite itself though not posh in a "W" / or 4 Seasons hotel kind of way, is fairly large, very clean and very well outfitted. And the location is wonderful - you are literally 100 yards from the beach. Additionally Villa Sinclair is only 2 short blocks from the Intracoastal. Hughes recommendations to eat (cheaply on the beach at Mamacitas), on the Intracoastal at Billy's, GG, and Greek Taverna were spot on…. (note Billy's and GG's are fairly upscale and priced accordingly but offer good food and service). Bottom line: for $199 a night (in Suite Matisse) in the heart of Spring season (with 80 degree sunny days…), and a convenient beach near location, Villa Sinclair is a great find!

Room Tip: Suite Matisse is great… also note the nice hot tub and private lounges and cabanas on site.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lansingmitch
Reviewed 14 March 2014

In need of a relaxing retreat from the world I had a great experience at Villa Sinclair. It is right at the beach, the boardwalk, interesting restaurants and I felt like I uncovered a secret on Hollywood Beach. The opposite of sterile, my room was so quaint, cozy with character from the colorful bright decor down to the complimentary pineapple awaiting my arrival - one of my favorite fruits. Comparable to any four or five star hotel, my room was impeccably clean and ready when I arrived. With the laid back, elegant environment, lots of outdoor activities from the outdoor jacuzzi, cycling on the boardwalk or lounging out on the beach all day allowed me to forget about anything related to work. I have to say the Villa Sinclair was a great choice for me and I will return as soon as I can. I deserve it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had search many locations in the Hollywood / Ft Lauderdale Beach Area. I wanted something on the beach with a comfortable atmosphere. My first impression was much more than what I had expected. The rooms are fully loaded with just about everything you can think of. Cool, Comfortable, Cosy, Charming Studio.
They played soothing music while our group had a bonfire, roasted marshmallows, and enjoying the cool night air. All my friends keep thanking me for the perfect hotel selection made.
Will definitely return next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I am from Wisconsin and visitied Hollywood Beach recently, and I feel I stayed at the best place on the beach. Villa Sinclair provides personalized service and convenience. All the rooms are beautifully decorated and the cabana area is fantastic if you want to feel you are in a secluded tropical haven. I highly recommend Villa Sinclair for all ages, families and couples. There is something for everyone. You will love the broadwalk and being able to walk just a few steps to the beach, restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Try to be there on a Friday night - there is a complimentary chanpayne reception for all guests!! Wh...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eileen A
Reviewed 5 March 2014

After looking at some of the previous reviews, I was a little hesitant but I am so happy I went with my gut! My experience was wonderful! The location was wonderful, right on the beach! It is a beautiful, tiny little hotel with such personal service! Whatever I needed, they provided! They went above and beyond.My kids watched movies on the big screen outdoors with popcorn, pizza, ice cream and s'mores. We were invited to a free BBQ that was incredible. My kids and I had such a wonderful experience here I would not consider going anywhere else the next time I visit Hollywood, FL.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Andrea M
Villa-Sinclair, Owner at Villa Sinclair Beach Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay @ Villa Sinclair
& have appreciated our dedicated Services from our Team.
& unique amenities & features steps from the Beach & Hollywood Beach Boardwalk
We are always working on improving & making it better,
With each year over $50,000 of improvement for the past 11 years
We are looking forward to see you again @ the Villa
Best Regards