I really wanted to love this place. The room we had was a single room with a small kitchen in it. Nice to have a fridge and sink. The shower was large and the room overall was really nice. We loved that you could walk out right to the beach. Literally, across the street.
But, those were the only good things. The parking situation is a nightmare. Its a small lot in the back of the hotel where if you drive anything larger than a smart car, its impossible to get in and out. We had the staff block us in and were annoyed when we asked them to move. When we came back from the casino, we couldn't park and had to pay to park over night in the parking garage.
Not the end of the world. But what really got us is the cute little tiki bar opened around 4pm. The music was blasting; I mean bumping through the walls. And if that wasn't annoying, the music was straight up hip hop with all the swears and sexual language just blaring through the walls. The song that was on when we left was, " we don't give a F*#@ about your feelings". How can they play that? What if there were families with children? Very unprofessional. It was a party for the staff, not the guests.
I would not go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Resort by the Ocean offers Newly Renovated Studios and One Bedroom Suites with all the modern comforts featuring luxurious kitchens adorned with custom wooden cabinetry and granite counter-tops, tiled bathrooms and showers, wall-mounted flat screen televisions and complimentary WiFi Internet.Located in Historic Hollywood Beach Florida, the Caribbean Resort is just steps away from seven miles of white sandy beach and the famous Broadwalk offering 2.5 miles of paved walking, jogging and biking path lined with restaurants, nightlife and all kinds of shopping.Hollywood Beach, Florida is known as a sportsman's paradise, offering all types of water sports imaginable. Go fishing, boating or even kite-surfing nearby. How about a round of golf? Or maybe try your luck at Gulfstream Racetrack and Casino, Dania Jai-Alai or The Hard Rock Casino. World renowned South Beach is just a twenty minute drive south and and beautiful Fort-Lauderdale is only a few miles to the north. All this excitement within minutes of the Caribbean Resort!The only thing missing is you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caribbean Resort by the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort Apartments Hotel Hollywood
- Caribbean Hotel Hollywood
- Caribbean Resort By The Ocean Hollywood, Florida