“Our Kitchen Away From Home” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jack's Hollywood Diner
Ranked #35 of 591 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hollywood, FL
“Our Kitchen Away From Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We have been going to Jack's a few times a month for over 12 years now. Jack's serves food that tastes home-cooked and we find the atmosphere, although not fancy, relaxing. It's a place just a little over a mile from home and we go there when we do not feel like dressing up. They make the best spinach pie and lamb on the bone, and my husband loves their cucumber salad. They do not have much of a dessert menu, but their rice pudding piled high with whipped cream is so good. If I had a criticism, it would be their vegetables. Most of them are from a can and come to the table way overcooked like they have been sitting there all day in the pot. Their prices are a little expensive for what you get as far as the neighborhood, ambiance and some of the dishes offered, but we are still loyal Jack's customers. The owners and waitstaff are such nice people and they always make us feel welcome and comfortable. (They also serve nice breakfasts.)

Visited December 2013

Gatineau, Canada
“Good lunch place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

A place recommended by friends in Hollywood , but take the specials and don't go "A La Carte" , and you will like the prices.

Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have lived here in Hollywood, Fl. for 14 years. Several people have told me through the years to check this hidden gem out and I guess I just didn't pay enough attention. When I walked in, several customers seemed to be enjoying themselves and the food. I sat down and the waitress Brenda (think Flo,I liked her) was very prompt and courteous. Friendly greeting, a smile and ready to engage with small talk. She brought my Coffee right away and it was good. She saw me perusing the menu and asked if she could make a suggestion? I said sure! she asked if I liked omelets and I said yes. She told me to try the Gyro omelet with spinach and Feta cheese. I ordered it and an English muffin, plus some Home fries and again w/her suggestion some Sausage gravy with it. (I was a Bad boy to say the least) The food was good, damn good. Bennie the Chef was excellent, and I knew that he must know his stuff just from the way he was dressed. He had on a "snazzy Chef hat tilted to the side and a scarf around his neck with a gold holder". All crisp and clean. The diner was clean (and from I could see of it, so was the kitchen) as were the rest rooms. I am going back to check out some of their other fare. No doubt about it. Please give them a try.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Food was lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

It has the decor or a diner and very nice waitresses, but the food was lacking. I have been to true diners, so I got the classic burger, fries and a chocolate shake. Burger was OK, fries were not crispy, and the shake was just OK.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hollywood, Florida
“Hollywood and Jacks...just go together!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Can't visit Hollywood without a visit to Jacks! The food is great...the service is good...and the prices are what you would expect in a diner setting.

Visited July 2013