All reviews hollywood beach continental breakfast living room full kitchen front office free bikes people watch heated pool ocean view the location is perfect family vacation home away from home board walk spring break few steps lounge chairs yolanda
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We arrived late after a long flight. We were only staying for 1 night and had we not arrived so late, we would have immediately left for a better HOTEL. This place is old apartments advertised as a hotel. Upon arrival and waiting for the emergency line to answer we observed a man selling drugs on the corner. He also was very interested in what we were taking in the room - not a good start.
The room - IS COMPLETELY FILTHY. I will provide pictures. The stove has foil under the burners - real high class.
We chose to sleep on the pull out in the living room as the air conditioner did not work and the room was a hot 75 degrees (to hot to sleep) at least the living room had a ceiling fan (the only way we could get any sleep). Plus the blinds do not close. SO if you plan on sleeping after sunrise - good luck.
Not that we would have showered here, but there were no towels available. Not even a washcloth.
When checking out I told the Manager on site about how dirty the room was. She insisted the property went thru a deep cleaning recently. Not sure what they cleaned, but it was not the floors.
When I told the manager there were no towels - I kid you not, this was her reply "well housekeeping only cleans every 3 days, so I understand why there are no towels" Lovely - that means we slept in a room that was not cleaned after the last guest left.
Also, when the blinds were brought up (the fact that they do not close), the response was, well insurance will not pay, so we can't replace them.
The manager at the front desk is nice, but this place is a disaster. I see why young kids are using this place to party. IT'S ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank zackandmandy
Neptune H, Manager at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review and we are happy to inform you about the ongoing improvements. If you decide to stay with us again, we will be happy to accommodate you and your family.

We respectfully disagree with your statements, however, if here is anything we can do to improve your opinion - feel free to contact us.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Saw this rated well here and on another site, so took a chance. The room was so awful we left, even though we had paid up front. asked for Oceanside, ended up with a ground floor room that did not feel at all secure. There was a couple hanging out on the boardwalk paying WAY too much attention to what we were bringing in the room. There were lots of windows and the door locks didn't seem too solid.
Furniture had big chunks torn out of it. I'm good with shabby, but this felt unclean and not taken care of. Used the bathroom and subsequently found water on the floor (I am not an excessively large person). We left. The woman at the front desk was very nice, and she did ask if we would like a different room, but I was so creeped out that we didn't stay. Possibly it's a post Irma issue, as others seem to have had a better experience.

Room Tip: definitely don't choose oceanside ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mak402

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your opinion and value your review. We are happy to inform you on the improvements that we made and we will be happy to accommodate you again!

We thank you for mentioning your positive experience with our customer service.

Please accept our most sincere apologies!

Respectfully,

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Settling nicely into the time difference after a couple of lacklustre days at the keys we came here looking forward to 4 nights of not packing up to go to our next destination. I had booked this from Groupon but didn't really research other than location.
Front office was lovely, clean, bright, & airy with efficient, helpful staff.
Room was a throwback from the 70's that hadn't really had any TLC between then and now.
Bed seemed new and was very comfy but that is really the best thing I can say. If we were fussy, we probably would have checked out TBH. I say this with bitter sweet regret because it was a great location and the staff seemed genuine.
Use the guest laundry which was very reasonably priced and went back and forth to Sawgrass Mills & the Galleria which worked out great.
We didn't get housekeeping every day either and the towels were miniscule and very, very thin.
I've given this an average rating, because for all that I put above, I still liked it! Go figure.

Neptune, if you read this, please put a bit more TLC into your rooms. Its a great wee place, but so very tired.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank deewol

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your review! Thank you for your kind support!

We are pleased to inform you about the improvements made! Once you come back - you will be very pleased with our new environment. Please, give us another try! We will be proud to accommodate you again at the best rate possible!

Blessings to you and your family,

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Omg Yolanda that work at the front desk is an angel. Very professional she checked me in less than 10 mins. She believe in making sure the masses they stay over gets the best quality hospitality at Neptune. I recommend the hotel to anyone. The view of the beach is everything.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Antonia J
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I visit the Hollywood area often and have stayed at most of the hotels on the Broadwalk. The Neptune is my "go to place" - first is the customer service I receive from Yolanda. She is accommodating, sweet as pie and try's her best to flexible with early check in/out. The rooms are very spacious and great views and literally right on the beach. Walking distance to restaurants, bars and shopping. The pool is small but my kids love it. I will say that the towels are not great and tend to pack my own when I go. Its a great place if you just want to sit on the beach, drink a cocktail and have a no fuss kinda of place. I already have booked my next trip.

Room Tip: Pack your own beach towels
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family