“If it weren't for the construction...”
Review of Coral House Hotel

Coral House Hotel
Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Coral House is now surrounded directly next door by an active construction site a full square block large. When we originally inquired at the time of our reservation about any nearby construction, we were told that the adjacent lot had been dormant for a long time. This is no longer the case. The effect is that, in addition to dirt, mud and noise, nine parking spaces on the street have been lost, making parking in the area a nightmare, even with the parking permit provided by the CH. Construction generally begins at 7am, stopping at 4pm. Also, another major development, Margaritaville, is in full swing one block away. These are the reasons we would not return to the Coral House until these two projects are completed. The reasons we WOULD return, post-construction, are that the one bedroom apartment we stayed in, #12, was delightful: it has a view of the beach, is newly renovated, has a nice little kitchen adequately equipped, a comfortable bed, and a friendly, knowledgeable host, Rich Aube. One word of caution however: if you need a reliable or fast internet connection, you should provide your own HotSpot or stay somewhere else. Hollywood Beach is a gem and hopefully will be able to retain at least some of its ungentrified, neighborhood character for a long time despite some very big developments going in.

Room Tip: At the moment, there really is only one good room with a view, the one bedroom apartment #12. The ot...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad that you were happy with the room but disappointed that the construction was a burden, for you. It is unfortunate that the Coral House and Hollywood Beach has to experience these times of redevelopment, but fortunate that our city and beaches are growing and thriving. When I drive around Hollywood and is neighboring cities: Fort Lauderdale, Miami and South Beach, I also see construction happening all around. This was not the case for the last 8 years during the recession. As a real estate broker I know that the economy and my city is making a strong comeback and I feel fortunate to be part of it. As far as the internet, we recently have added a pass code to the account so that it is only our 12 apartments that can access it. We have not received any complaints lately but have been told it running fast and smooth. Please do come back to Hollywood and The Coral House in the future. I am sure that the small gem feel will be here for many more years to come.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Coral House is conveniently located next to the beach and boardwalk. The parking permit was great to avoid paying for parking everyday. The room was the perfect size with all of the amenities you would need. Rich and his family were awesome and great hosts! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for an alternative to an expensive, stiff hotel room- this is perfect for any traveler on a budget! We looked forward to our daily breakfast at Giorgio's across the street and our dinners at GG's. The beach is gorgeous! I also highly recommend picking up the water taxi which is also at Giorgios- an unexpected bonus for us to pick it up so close! We enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning someday!

Room Tip: Try to get an oceanside room to avoid the construction on the other side of the building
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank You Brittany for your business and taking time to write us a review. It’s good to hear that you enjoyed the location and the amenities that are so close. People watching on the broadwalk, sunbathing, eating, water taxi rides, free parking – all on a budget and less than 100 steps from The Coral House. Giorgios is also one of our favorite spots to eat as well. We eat there so often, they know us by name ;o) We hope to see you back again, soon.
~ Rich

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My mother was visiting from out of town and wanted to stay at the beach. Great location, conveniently located to beach, shops and restaurants. My mother, who does not drive, was able to enjoy a week at the beach with no need for cabs. A delightful place owned and operated by a lovely couple. Recommend this place highly for the traveler looking for value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank You for your review. I must say that I don’t remember everyone, but I do remember your mother. She was a delight and always so pleasant. The Coral house has “The Best” location, I believe. No need for a car or to take a taxi. We are right in the middle of a 3.5 mile long broadwalk and in the middle of Hollywood’s 7 mile long beach. Shops, restaurants, convenience stores, bakeries, pubs, ice cream parlors, fishing piers, parks, amphitheaters, boats, the list goes on. Yes, lots of value from The Hotel and all that Hollywood Beach has to offer. My wife & I appreciate your compliments. Hope to see you both again, soon.
~ Rich

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My buddy and I just stayed at the Coral House for 5 days. We arrived early in the morning from NYC, and although we couldn't check into our room yet, the staff kept our bags behind the front desk. The Coral House is situated, literally, one half block from the boardwalk/beach, and only a few minutes walk from all shops, bars, and restaurants. It couldn't have been in a better location! The rooms at the Coral House are immaculate with its own kitchenette and every other necessity I needed to make this a pleasant 5 days. Owners Rich and Rosa could not be any friendlier or helpful- seriously, they really go out of their way to make sure your stay is a "more than pleasant" one! I cannot speak for parking because I wasn't driving, however, the Coral House is barely 15 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale Airport (FLL) and Miami 25 minutes to the south. This place is a "must stay" if you want to get a bang for your buck. I am already planning my next stay here before the hurricane season begins! Kudos to the Coral House!! Great job, Rich and Rosa!!

Room Tip: Speak with owners Rich or Rosa, who will gladly accommodate your every need!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I spent 5+ weeks at the Coral House and could not have had a more perfect all-around vacation location. Situated less than a block from the beach and midpoint on the expansive Hollywood Boardwalk, it gives you ready access to any/all pursuits you so desire: a gorgeous beach; a great, well-maintained Boardwalk lined with eating/drinking establishments for any/all tastes; an expansive, free venue (the Boardwalk) for all kinds/types of exercise; Historic Hollywood just over the drawbridge; Ft. Lauderdale/airport 15 minutes north; and greater Miami with all that it offers just 25 minutes south.
The Hollywood Coral House is quaint and unique, not a cookie cutter, beige, high rise. My apartment was very clean and newly renovated, providing me all of the necessities I needed for a beach vacation. Rich and Rosa are very friendly and helpful, offering suggestions on local eateries, sites of interest and are good resource people for answering queries you may have. And in their absence when needed, I had no problem finding Uncle Mike (who lives on site) to help me. If you appreciate friendly, personal attention, you'll receive it at the Coral House!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank You for taking the time to share your experiences. Next time you should stay for 6 or more weeks. More time = more fun, things to do, places to see and a discounted rate for an extended stay and a repeat customer. Hollywood in general has a lot to offer. I believe the broadwalk and beaches are the highlights. I am a beach type person so I need to be close to fresh air, entertainment and good clean fun. It sounds like we think alike because your review. We hope you come back soon. We appreciate familiar faces, new friends and repeat business.

Many Thxs ~ Rich

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised from start to finish during my vacation. The location put us in the middle of all the boardwalk and beach had to offer. The staffespecially Rich and Rosa were excellent and gave the best suggestions and answers to all of my questions. I will return annually without question.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Traveled here for Christmas. The hotel is old (1930's??) so wont have whirlpools, spa, etc. but it excels at being convenient. Fort Lauderdale airport is 15min away, Miami airport is 30 min south. We took Amtrak which is a 10 min taxi ride. The Amtrak station also serves Tri-Rail which can take you to Miami Airport if you do not want to drive. Locally, you can walk out the door and on the boardwalk enjoying miles of people watching, shops, activities, beaches and restaurants. I had two teenagers I could set loose on the boardwalk who would stay active and not get bored. There is construction next door as the build a huge hotel that can be noisy but only during the day time. Parking is a bear. They give you a parking pass but you still need to scramble for free spaces which can be challenging since this is popular beach for locals.

Room Tip: Rooms are small. I would think of creative storage ideas if you have many folks in the room since t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family