“Huge property on an awesome location”

Historic Hollywood Beach Resort
Ranked #63 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Missouri City, Texas
“Huge property on an awesome location”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

If you are willing to give up some of your fascination with glamour then Historic Hollywood is a great choice for you. Everything about this place spells of grandeur from the 80's! From the many check-in counters to the decor in the room, it all felt like a trip down the memory lane. This is not to say that the hotel has issues or doesn't have modern electronics and fittings. My room was large with charming decor and the bathroom was clean with perfect heating. I was here for just a day and spent some time in the evening relaxing by the beach which is accessible from the hotel. For the price I paid, I got great value and service and honestly thats all that matters to me!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 February 2014

For the price, it really isn't worth the money! Yes, it is right across the boardwalk from the beach, but for the cost...it isn't worth staying there. I do have to say that the front desk staff was outstanding!! They were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank MBA041411
Pennfield
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed from Feb5-Feb20 booked a package deal had breakfast included.Stayed on the fourth floor room was nice.We went for breakfast the first morning milk was bad when we told them they said it was ok it was not other people told them also.Rooms were not cleaned as well as they should be,not a lot of custmer service at this hotel we have stay three times here this will be the last time.Big thanks to Joey great guy very help full.If you stay in only for a few days this hotel is ok any longer keep looking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Overall hotel cleanliness: poor
Customer service: poor
Value for your money: none

The Hollywood Beach Resort is misrepresentation at its best. Kudos to you though because you got us. We thought we were getting a decent hotel on the beach strip but what we got was horrible customer service, a dirty room and questionable security. During our stay, we heard several other people complaining about their rooms being dirty and one woman complained that her room door was wide open when she returned to her room.

We paid for late check-out and three things happened:
1. They took our money
2. Deactivated our key cards at regular check-out
3. Gave a new family key cards to our room for access, so while we were getting ready (shower and dressed) in our room, that family walks into our room!

Safety and security:
1. No safe provided in room
2. Cleaning service left gas stove on - room smelled of gas when we came back to our room that afternoon

Beds:
1. Sheets were questionable
2. Both double beds' mattress springs creaked

Free continental breakfast: what breakfast? Didn't see this onsite nor were we told where to find it.

My family used this hotel after our cruise, but if you are looking for a nice hotel on the boardwalk strip in Hollywood, I would stay next door at the Hollywood Beach Tower instead. We stayed there before our cruise.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tess K
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2014

this trip we were there both before and after our cruise. The staff is so caring and helpful; the accommodations were great; location is right on the Broadwalk so lots of exercise effortlessly and lots of restaurants to select from. The pool is HUGE and the beach is right across from the pool.... what more can one ask for.... can't recommend the Hollywood Beach Resort more highly.
Oh yes, there is also transportation to and from the airport and to the cruise port.....

Room Tip: we have had rooms on both the ocean and highway side.... of course, we loved the ocean view best but...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caroleb61
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

GREAT LOCATION..... Tip - know which front desk you need to check in at - this will save you some time instead of going back and forth multiple times. I had a package sent to the property with my check-in date - I called ahead and was told the package had arrived, when I checked in, nobody knew where it was... turned out it was in some managers office (he had signed for it) - my flight was very early the next morning and the manager refused to come in and get me the package - unbelievable!!! Two front desk clerks - Danny and Quetzie assured me they would get the package and they did while I was at dinner - they probably broke some protocol doing so, but their actions when the manager refused to come in and open his office (when nobody else, not even security had a key). The room was comfortable, kitchenette was nice, but they forgot to give me a wake up call - was very fortunate I woke up at 5am (doesn't happen very often), so I didn't miss the 5:30 taxi to the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 18 February 2014

For the price this was a real surprise. We had flight problems and needed a room at the last minute. I held my breath hoping I made the right choice when I booked through Expedia sitting in the airport. I was very happy when I got to our spacious, clean room. This is an old building on "the boardwalk" which houses permanent residents as well as tourists. It had everything we needed including laundry facilities which came in handy when I was attacked by a wave fully dresses and landed face first in the sand. The free breakfast was as good as any other hotel that offers that type of fare. More than enough to satisfy us. All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. This must have been a fabulous hotel back in the day. I wouldn't be spending an extended stay due to the location, but it's great for a few nights.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family