“Needs tons of improvement”

August Moon Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #274 of 607 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

After reviewing the opinions for this restaurant on this app, I decided to order for pick up, first of all the lady that answered the phone was not English proficient at all, on top of that her phone was broken. I had to call 2 times in order to place my pick up order, second time I called just to confirm the order she just said yes and hung up. When I got there she was with some other customer on the phone for a delivery order. That's when I realized that her English was indeed terrible really thick accent and the phone was broken as well. For the food the sesame chicken was raw, not well cooked not crispy. The rice was good but I had to pay more just to add a couple veggies on the original pork fried rice that comes with the dinner combo.

There are newer reviews for August Moon Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was the second trip we made to Hollywood Beach and the second time we ate at August Moon. We had the Singapore Noodles and Garlic Chicken. Both dishes were plentiful and wonderfully tasty. Although we were the only people there on a Saturday night, the phone rang with take-out orders...so you know it's a popular place. Courteous service and great food. We'll be back!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Years ago this place used to be one of the best in the area. It had been a while since visiting August Moon, I went inside to eat and the place looked filthy, the carpet looked as though it had't been cleaned in years, the table was sticky and dirty. After ordering my drinks, I wanted to leave, but my husband and I ordered a meal. We felt very uncomfortable after reading on our phone all the dirty dinning reports and ended up taking the order to go, went to the pizza place across the street. And took the chinese food straight to the garbage. I suggest they totally clean up there dinning in area, I can only imagine what the kitchen looks like.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I recently moved to Hallandale Beach and have been searching for a good takeout chinese place. Who isn't right? Well after trying all the places in Hallandale and close to my place a friend suggested August Moon when we were at their place in Hollywood. I am hooked! And it is worth the 10 minute drive and even the annoyance of passing several other places alot closer. The fried dumplings are excellent!!! Egg rolls and the General Tso's Chicken are delicous! I highly recommend it. It's not in the best of areas and looks alittle shady at night but it is worth it for take out. I havent eaten inside or done delivery (I'm not sure how far they deliver) but the food is perfect every time!

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Used to be a great place, but staff doesn't care anymore. A heavy chinese guy sat in the back sans shirt. A large rat scurried out and behind a booth. I told the hostess who shrugged.