“Excellent service, very good food, very expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Council Oak Steak and Seafood

Council Oak Steak and Seafood
Ranked #27 of 591 Restaurants in Hollywood
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 441/State Road 7
Miami, FL
“Excellent service, very good food, very expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I went with a group of couples for a brithday celebration. The restaurant is elegant and tranquil. The service is superlative, staff were at our table the entire time- we never had to look for someone to fill a glass, bring butter, etc. They were already there checking to make sure everything was perfect. Of course for the price this should be the case! Most of us had a variety of steaks because this is what they are famous for and everyone agreed they were very good. Was it the best filet I have ever had? No, but it was really good. One of the reasons the price adds up so much is that all the sides and salads, etc. are priced seperately but the portions when they came were gigantic so there is no need to order a side dish per person- couples can easily share and still have extra. It was a good choice for a special occaision of grown-ups but not somewhere we would visit regularly.

• Visited August 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Wonderful lobster tails, steak and crab cocktail! Delicious food with a good wine list. Best restaurant in area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“They earned $50. in negative advertising”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I travel quite a bit. My friends took me there to eat. Nice place, they entice you with the meat in the window. When I received my lamb chop, the outside of it was juicy where the fat was, but as I ate toward the center, the dryer it became. At the end the waitress asked if everything was good, but when I showed her a half eaten portion, and told her what I felt, she said I'll send the manager right over. No one showed up, just a full priced bill. No big deal, I paid, but I would never go back. For $50. a la carte, just the meat, should be done perfect, or least an explanation. Now in my eyes they earned $50. in negative advertising. Lost my appetite and didn't even feel like gambling. Just went back to my hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Romantm
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Awesome restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Even though it was a Thursday night, we made reservations through OpenTable - probably could have gotten in but just I just wanted to be safe since we were going to the casino afterward. This place was AWESOME! We started out with the Ahi Tuna Tartare which was fantastic! For our main course, my fiance had the special which was two 4 oz filets - one with crab topping on one and bleu cheese on the other. I had a 8 or 10 oz (can't remember) filet. Both were cooked perfectly and exactly to our specifications. We also got the truffle fries and onion rings! WOW, the sides are huge - you can definitely share! Every single thing we ate was DELICIOUS!!

Oh and the best part - we were visiting from Pittsburgh and our waiter ended up being from Pittsburgh as well! He was a super friendly guy and we chatted about "back home" the whole time. He was also an extraordinary server! Very attentive! Thanks Council Oak for a great experience! If we are ever back in town, we will SURELY be visiting you again!

1 Thank cms135
N Bellmore
“Great steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great steak, service and desert. Just be prepared to pay for it. The steak is amazing and so was the chocolate soufflé.

Visited October 2013