Riptide Hotel
US$139
  • Beachfront
US$140
La Quinta
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$100
Ocean Inn(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$109
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslive musicbeach chairshollywood beachgreat tiki bartiki hutfree bikesfull kitchenperfect locationpeople watchingfun placegreat beachsmall kitchenbroad walkview of the oceanboard walkfew stepsraven
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

What a great, friendly hotel in a perfect location on the beach. The rooms are spacious and clean. All of the employees are extremely friendly & accommodating. The tiki bar and live music are a huge plus. The whole outside area is also very we'll kept. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms are all good - some have a better beach view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cindy108
Jeremy N, General Manager at Riptide Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you so very much for choosing us for your stay in Hollywood Beach and for your amazing review!

We are looking forward to seeing you again for your next stay here at The Riptide Hotel!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just got home from 4 nites at the Riptide. Room 12 upstairs in corner. The room was indeed starting to show signs of wear. The room size was your typical motel room with kitchenette all the space you should really need in a warm weather resort ... wall a/c, no screens, good size closet, could use a light though its a little hard to program safe at times. Beds were fine.Daily maid service, fresh towels and beds made.Upstairs balcony very narrow so when guests sit outside their rooms it's a little tough to get around ... can't tell you how many times I said excuse me. Didn't see chairs and umbrellas for beach but we brought our own. Did use the bike ... only had two and they were pretty beat but served its purpose. The reason I say not for everybody is the Tiki Bar. This hotel is very tight quarters and the Tiki Bar goes from 10 am til 9 pm and can get a little loud from time to time. The bar is definately a hang out for nearby locals. Music starts sometime after 12 which I thought was really good,someone different every day into the nite. The barmaid is a one woman show ... she opens, cleans up, serves drinks, waits tables, mingles with patrons and all in all does a real nice job. One of the added benefits of staying at the Rip was drinking your own beer while ordering lunch and listening to the entertainment or just playing cards on the patio. So if your not cool with an older somewhat partying crowd and enjoying classic music 8 hours a day stay somewhere else! Another reviewer says to stay in the north building if you want peace but I believe these are larger rooms for 4/6 people ... the single rooms are by the Tiki Bar. Also if I might add in another review someone stated moving to the Marriott for $20 more, must have slept in there parking lot, prices for my week were $375 plus for the Marriott a nite while I paid $160 for the Riptide per nite. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would return. We were on a budget and for the location, free parking, location and entertainment the Riptide was great. The staff was really helpful.

Room Tip: north complex is away from the Tiki Bar ,but I believe these are all larger rooms for 4 to 6 people. rooms upstairs at Tiki Bar side do offer more privacy then first floor but balcony is on the small side
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank beerman

Thank you so very much for choosing the Riptide Hotel for your stay and for taking time to write about us!

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and Tiki bar!

I am looking forward to seeing you again for your next stay, Beerman!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The moment I arrived and was greeted by super friendly staff members, I knew I had made the right choice. My room was spotless and well equipped. The loaned bikes, beach chairs, etc. were all I needed to enjoy a totally relaxing time running, walking, hiking and enjoying the beach without ever having to encounter a car or a highway.
Staying on the Broadwalk was perfect. The nightly entertainment right there at the outdoor patio was always fun. All my needs were met by the manager and every one of the staff.
See you next year, Riptide. Thanks for all you did.

Room Tip: If you have issues with music or noise, choose a room away from the bar area. For me, my room right near the music was perfect. The music was all those great tunes a 60's person appreciates.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LBKChathamNH
Jeremy N, General Manager at Riptide Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay in Hollywood beach and for your amazing company!

See you next year!!

The Riptide Team!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

After five nights in the Keys, booked this hotel for one night because it was on the beach and close to the airport. We had a flight home the next morning. Checked in, room #8,oceanfront queen with a great view of the beach and the boardwalk but directly facing the bar.We didn't realize how bad the room was at first because we went out for a long walk on the "Broadwalk" and then drove a few miles away to a restaurant for dinner. Got back about 9:30 PM as the bar activity with its loud music was winding down. The tile floor had a filthy, slimy residue that I was actually slipping on in my sneakers. The sofa was stained and grubby. The bed was very uncomfortable. There were tiny insects crawling all over the stove. The gap between the countertop and the crummy wood trim was filled with dirt and food particles possibly a food source for the bugs. We thought about packing up and going elsewhere but decided we'd try to get a few hours sleep then leave real early for our flight. I put paper towels down all over the disgusting floor so we could walk on it. We got up at 4AM and went to the airport hours early to get out of there. I spent $198. and we had to share the room with dozens of as yet unidentified insects. I noticed that management has responded to some of the bad reviews and look forward to an explanation for the filthy floor and the bug problem.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 613GeoK

Thank you so much for choosing The Riptide Hotel for your stay in Hollywood and for taking the time to write a review about us. The issues you mentioned in your review are taken very seriously and were dealt with immediately.

We recently replaced our pest control company for a more efficient service. All of our rooms are inspected twice a month by Orkin, a very well respected company in the field.

The gap between the counter top was sealed by our maintenance team and the bed as well as the sofa were replaced.

I would sincerely like to apologize regarding the floor, our housekeeping department was advised of the issue and more room inspections will be done by myself and the head house keeper.

Thank you so much for bringing these issues to my attention. I sincerely hope we will see you again soon here at Riptide!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

After seeing Riptide had top reviews on Tripadvisor we booked for one night. Thank goodness it was just one night! We checked into the Marriot a few doors away for the rest of our stay which was only $20 more per but worth it for the facilities and service.
We stayed in room 1. The bed was old and very uncomfortable. There were pubic hairs in the old tatty bathroom and the sofa bed was badly stained. They do not provide any sort of welcome pack so had to go in hunt of a much needed coffee as the Tiki bar was closed. It really does need updating and a good clean. The windows don't open so you have to have the very old and noisy A/C on 24/7 or the room gets damp. The only good thing about the A/C unit is it drowns out the constant noise from the noisy fridge which is close to the bed. The venetian blinds were dirty and broken which spoilt the view of the ocean. I would never stay there again. There are much nicer places with more facilities.

Room Tip: Do not book room 1 unless you don't mind noise and no privacy unless you keep the blinds closed! It is also very small and you can hear every footstep from upstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bagpus1
Jeremy N, General Manager at Riptide Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about your stay with us.

We're truly sorry that you had such a bad experience. We are currently working on renovating our room and appliances to improve our guests stay.

We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.