“Good Service-Good Value”

Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
“Good Service-Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Good little hotel on the beach. We had a first floor room right on the courtyard. Room #4 was clean and in decent condition, beds were good, bathroom tiny with shower only, and it had a kitchenette that included a larger fridge. Bring your own drinks out to the courtyard/bar area, we did. Being 20 steps from the Tiki Bar the room was a bit noisy until about 10 pm but no big deal. We were the ones making the noise! Live entertainment was good quality especially for week nights. Good and friendly service from all the staff. Well done.

1 Thank wildonesminn
Jeremy N, General Manager at Riptide Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay in Hollywood and for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again in the near future!

Jeremy Noy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Fremont, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Great location. Many locals at the bar, when we arrived in jeans and were walking through the area with bags, someone yelled welcome! And everybody clapped! 15 min walk to many good restaurants on beach. Nice brick boardwalk with lots of activity. Great view of ocean. No breakfast, but coffee in office. Friendly staff. Bar was loud but ended about 9:30. Room was nice, my only complaint is the bed was not very comfortable. We are both 50 and our son is 13. The activity at bar didn't bother any of us, it was the most lively place! Would stay again!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Frugalgirl125
Jeremy N, Manager at Riptide Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay on Hollywood Beach!

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Riptide Hotel! We are planning on replacing our beds and should be done by the end of the year!

Until next time!

Camden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Just checking out after 6 wonderful days at the Riptide. We were in the North Building, room 27. The hotel looks to have been built in the fifties but was very cleaned and brightly decorated. Room had great view of the ocean, a new flat screen tv and excellent wireless internet. We had a full kitchen with microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was clean but dated in the old green colored tub and sink. Careful when you shower, if someone flushes the toilet you will get scalded! The best part about this place is the Tiki Bar. The bar staff was great. Princess, Tara & Rocky were all very personable. Really made you feel welcome. The bar has only a beer & wine license, so mixed drinks are made with vodka,tequila & rum made from Wine. I stuck with beer. They also have food that was very good. Another nice feature was the availability of beach chairs and umbrellas. Gene at the front desk was very helpful. We will definitely stay at the Riptide on our next visit to Hollywood Beach.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RonKathy_2011
Jeremy N, General Manager at Riptide Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you so much for writing about us!

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Riptide and that our staff made you feel right at home! Our Tiki bar is definitely a special place where people from all over the world meet while enjoying the view!

We will be updating our food and beverage selection in the next few month as well as our rooms by next year and would be delighted to have you as a guest again!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (954) 589-2220 for your next stay in Hollywood Beach!

We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Avenue, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have stayed at the RipTide on and off since 2002. Although it has been four years since our last stay.The location cannot be beat in my opinion. Great beach, clean massive boardwalk and good restaurants in walking distance. The rooms are adequate and we are very familiar with them and know what to expect. What we did not expect was the NOISE. If you are looking for a QUITE vacation this is NOT the place. With that said, I did not mind the entertainment all of the time and some of the musicians were pretty good (johnny D in particular), but it doesn't need to start at noon and it doesn't need to be so loud you can't get away from it unless you leave the property. While we did not have encounters with all the employees we did have with some that were very helpful and one that DOES NOT belong at the Rip Tide. I am not 100% certain of some of their names so I will use descriptions ( I hope no one is offended when I describe them in skin color terms) and I am sure the management can determine to whom I am referring. Two office people, Kristin and Will were extremely friendly, professional and helpful. Kristen always had a smile and I witnessed Will helping a foreign couple with accommodations at 11:30PM one night. The bar tenders were definitely a "bitter/sweet" mix. There was a black girl, Princess I think, that was always smiling and very personable while being professional and making you feel welcome. There was a dark haired white girl that was OK, but really needed to be more customer friendly and make the customer feel like she really wanted to serve them. Then there was the blond hair girl with a personality that was almost offensive. This is the one that does not meet the standards of the Rip Tide and they should either retrain her or terminate her. When the musicians stopped playing at 9PM she would put on her own "rap" music that had horribly offensive language. People are paying for rooms and certainly DO NOT expect to be subjected to that type of music or language. There was one young couple there with daughters around 3 and 5 years of age who were cringing even though the girls were inside, maybe sleeping! As a businessman I understand the expansion of the Tiki bar hours and the addition of entertainment to increase revenue. You just need to tweak it a little to make it more palatable to your room quests. There were many other employees that opened in the morning, worked steadily and almost always offered a nice greeting. There was also a BIG black guy that must work 14 hours a day. He was always doing something around the property and very pleasant. Will we be back? Probably, because it is better to know what you are dealing with than not know. I just hope the management makes some adjustments to make the stay more enjoyable for the room guests as they grow the business.

Room Tip: The North rooms away fro the Tiki Bar are quieter.
2 Thank Jim K
Jeremy N, General Manager at Riptide Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Jim,

Thank you so much for choosing the Riptide Hotel for your stay in Hollywood beach!

I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay at the Riptide Hotel.

The issues you mentioned in your review are taken very seriously and were dealt with immediately.

Thank you so much for bringing these issues to my attention. I sincerely hope we will see you again soon here at Riptide!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 954-589-2220 for your next booking inquiry.

Southern NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

we visit here every time I go to our family get together this time if year (February).
Never disappointed and especially like the happy hour. The place is well maintained
The Hollywood Broadwalk is nice and the beach is awesome.
If you like meeting and watching people from all over the continent than this is the place.
You can stay here and walk to everything locally and enjoy your stay in Hollywood.
We Did.

Room Tip: Ask for opposite side of tiki bar for more quiet retreat
1 Thank trucknut9
Thank you so much for taking time to write about us! I am glad to hear you had a good time with us during your stay!

We are looking forward too seeing you again next February!

If there is anything you might need for your next vacation, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (954) 589-2220.

Winona, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

What a great, friendly hotel in a perfect location on the beach. The rooms are spacious and clean. All of the employees are extremely friendly & accommodating. The tiki bar and live music are a huge plus. The whole outside area is also very we'll kept. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms are all good - some have a better beach view.
4 Thank Cindy108
Jeremy N, General Manager at Riptide Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you so very much for choosing us for your stay in Hollywood Beach and for your amazing review!

We are looking forward to seeing you again for your next stay here at The Riptide Hotel!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next booking inquiry.

Southampton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just got home from 4 nites at the Riptide. Room 12 upstairs in corner. The room was indeed starting to show signs of wear. The room size was your typical motel room with kitchenette all the space you should really need in a warm weather resort ... wall a/c, no screens, good size closet, could use a light though its a little hard to program safe at times. Beds were fine.Daily maid service, fresh towels and beds made.Upstairs balcony very narrow so when guests sit outside their rooms it's a little tough to get around ... can't tell you how many times I said excuse me. Didn't see chairs and umbrellas for beach but we brought our own. Did use the bike ... only had two and they were pretty beat but served its purpose. The reason I say not for everybody is the Tiki Bar. This hotel is very tight quarters and the Tiki Bar goes from 10 am til 9 pm and can get a little loud from time to time. The bar is definately a hang out for nearby locals. Music starts sometime after 12 which I thought was really good,someone different every day into the nite. The barmaid is a one woman show ... she opens, cleans up, serves drinks, waits tables, mingles with patrons and all in all does a real nice job. One of the added benefits of staying at the Rip was drinking your own beer while ordering lunch and listening to the entertainment or just playing cards on the patio. So if your not cool with an older somewhat partying crowd and enjoying classic music 8 hours a day stay somewhere else! Another reviewer says to stay in the north building if you want peace but I believe these are larger rooms for 4/6 people ... the single rooms are by the Tiki Bar. Also if I might add in another review someone stated moving to the Marriott for $20 more, must have slept in there parking lot, prices for my week were $375 plus for the Marriott a nite while I paid $160 for the Riptide per nite. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would return. We were on a budget and for the location, free parking, location and entertainment the Riptide was great. The staff was really helpful.

Room Tip: north complex is away from the Tiki Bar ,but I believe these are all larger rooms for 4 to 6 people...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank beerman
Thank you so very much for choosing the Riptide Hotel for your stay and for taking time to write about us!

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and Tiki bar!

I am looking forward to seeing you again for your next stay, Beerman!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next booking inquiry.