“Just fine thank you.”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Ranked #37 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed overnight prior to a cruise, absolutely no complaints. The staff does a good job handling the traffic involved in a hotel full of impatient pre-cruisers.If you're not willing to wait now and then then you should reconsider cruising. Room was clean and spacious enough for a one night stay and the full hot breakfast was very adequate given that a full meal awaits when you board the ship. Great location, good price.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davemack67
Joe K, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear davemack67,
Thank you very much for the positive review of the Quality Inn & Suites you posted on TripAdvisor describing your stay with us. I am glad to hear about our front desk staff handling a crowded lobby nicely. They are the first impression of our hotel for all of our guests, and they do a great job at making our guests feel welcome. I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. It is a great way to start a day, especially if your day includes a little bit of traveling, whether on a plane or on a cruise ship. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to have you back as a guest in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We found out at 7 a.m. as our ship docked in Ft. Lauderdale that our flight for that afternoon was cancelled. Yikes! We called the airport and they suggested hotels.com who found us an opening at this place. Free shuttle from the port to the hotel...free wifi...free breakfast...free shuttle to the airport and the room was only $110!!! Not only that, but when I called to ask when we could get in the room, Roberta set a clean one aside for us. Sweet!

The very best part is the beautiful trees around the pool. Sit on your seat and look up: blue sky, puffy clouds and green palms. Ahhhh. So whether you're stranded, want to come in early before a cruise, want to stay an extra night or two before going home, or just want to come for vacation, we loved this place for the price. Also, we were able to walk to a variety of restaurants (Ale House, TGIF, Dave & Busters) and stores.

Room Tip: Any room is fine - I'd suggest the second floor up (there are 4).

Dear writerdj,
Thank you so much for the glowing review you left on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Quality Inn & Suites. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle services that we offer to all of our guests. You wrote some very kind words about our front desk clerk Roberta. She is up at the front every single morning with a smile on her face, making all of our guests feel welcome upon arrival. I will be sure to pass along these kind words, and I am sure it will make her day. I am happy to hear you were able to kick back and relax by our pool under the South Florida sun on a nice day. Thank you again for your review, and it would be our pleasure to have you back as a guest on your next visit to the South Forida area.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a great place to stay before heading out on a cruise. We called the shuttle service from the airport and they were there to pick us up promptly. The check in process was efficient and we were able to have our room right away. It's a very busy little place for cruisers and we met quite a few people who were on the cruise with us. The shuttle to the port was great - that driver worked his butt off loading and unloading the many bags in his trailer - he was entertaining as well! The hotel itself is a bit dated but well worth the money and we would recommend this as a place to stop over before and after the cruise.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy E
Joe K, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Cindy E,
Thank you very much for your glowing review of the Quality Inn & Suites that you posted onto TripAdvisor. Reviews like yours are what put a smile on the faces of every one of our staff members. Many of our guests stop over for a night or two in between their flights and their cruise, and we do our best to make them feel welcome in their time with us. I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that our complimentary shuttle services were well received. I will be sure to notify all staff of your review so they can recognize to keep up their good work. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to South Florida.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel was formerly a Comfort Inn. When our plane was cancelled, we had to stay overnight in Fort Lauderdale unexpectedly. The shuttle from the hotel to get us at the airport arrived much earlier than we expected. Since we arrived too early to get into our room, the desk took our cell phone number and called to tell us when we were at lunch that the room was ready. The pool area is large and surrounded by palms and many chairs and tables. Breakfast in the morning featured waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal fruit, coffee, among other items and was available a convenient 6-10AM. Most patrons ate at outside tables around the pool. The room was clean and functional.
The real beauty of this hotel is the pool area and a fabulous breakfast.

1  Thank Gaboinkel

Dear Gaboinkel,
Thank you for posting a review of your time at the Quality Inn & Suites on TripAdvisor. We enjoy reading every post that out guests have to offer, because they provide us with suggestions on what we can improve or on what we are doing right. It is great to hear that our front desk exhibited the type of customer service we train them to do. It is their job to take care of our guests and make sure they are properly accommodated. Our pool area truly is a beautiful place to sit back and relax. On a nice day, the blue of the pool and skies, and the green of the trees make it a relaxing area to sit at and pass a few hours. We really appreciate your review and thank you again. Please let us know the next time you will be traveling to South Florida.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel was filthy. After taking a shower, walking across the tile floor, onto the carpet, my feet were extremely dirty. Not sure the last time the tile or carpet was cleaned. In a daily basis I had to go the front desk for towels, drinking glasses. At the breakfast area, the area was equally dirty. I brought this to the attention of the hotel manager and her only response was, "we are working on it". Not an acceptable answer.

Another concern I went to the McDonalds next door and as I returned, one of the cleaning ladies in the parking lot with a towel/napkin full of jewelry, (necklace, bracelets etc.) I reported this to management. I admit I don't know exactly where the jewelry came from, but the see a cleaning lady that has access to rooms in a parking lot with a handful of jewelry, made me think. We made sure that anything of value in our room was locked in our suitcases before we left.

In the future I will happily pay $20 $30 more to another area hotels. This is one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed at.

2  Thank lskaye
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I wish I had seen all those bad reviews before booking our stay....We stayed here on Jan 17th as we were going on a cruise on the 18th and the free transfers were a definite plus (but they are very disorganized for sure, our shuttle was almost 1hr late). When I went to check out at close to 1100, the lobby was full and there was a line up to check out, of course. The lady at the desk asked me if I wanted to leave the room on my credit card and I said No because of the US exchange rate. I had brought enough cash with me to cover our holidays and bought it at par or close to it so I didn't want to pay extra for a room that we were already paying wayyyy to much for (definetly not worth $213). She gave me a copy of my invoice but it was a bit more than what was on my copy of the reservation so after looking at it, I noticed phone charges that shouldn't have been charged as they were local calls. She looked at this and asked another lady and she said to credit the charge so she did and gave me a new invoice. I gave her the money in cash but what I didn't notice (big mistake on my part) is that she gave me the same invoice and not one that said I had paid. I never checked twice, took the invoice and put it in my bag and waited for our cruise transfer. Forward to Feb 8th, I notice a charge on my credit card from Feb 5th for $248 CAD from Quality Inn ($213 plus the exchange rate) and I was just floored. That is when I pulled out my invoice and saw my mistake....and realized that I had just been screwed big time. I called the hotel and the manager said that the bill hadn't been paid and that is why the credit card was charged. When I asked him why they waited until Feb 5th to charge the card, he gave me some excuse that they hadn't received payment and were going to loose money and then all of a sudden an employee found a credit card number so they charged the room to it. Come on!!! I made the reservation on line using my credit card and they asked me for it when I check in so they had it on file. And, when I stopped at the front desk to check out they would have automatically charged the credit card right then and there and not almost 3 weeks later. They didn't charge it then because I had payed cash. Come on people, we stay at hotels quite a bit and that is the way it goes. Either you pay cash or they are pretty quick to charge the room on your credit card. I guess someone just had an extra "bonus" at our expense. I won't be making that costly mistake again, believe me. And to think that I gave them 2 more bookings for this trip as there are 4 other people that decided to book at the same hotel and same cruise after we had our reservations made..... Won't be staying here again and am not too happy with choice hotels customer service either. I know it's not really their fault but will still try to avoid these hotel chains from now on.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank royleb
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Chose this location based on price but now feel that was a mistaken approach. Stayed one night before boarding Cruise Ship. Complimentary transfers from Airport and to cruise terminal were a plus but were disorganzed at best. Rooms rather old, breakfast rather lacking, location not all that convenient.

Room Tip: Probably try another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarineClaim
Joe K, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear MarineClaim,
Thank you for posting a review of your time at the Quality Inn & Suites on TripAdvisor. We take all guest feedback, positive or negative, very seriously. I want you to know that your comments are being taken very seriously, and we plan on taking action to prevent these happenings. I am sorry to read about the poor experience you had when staying with us. Our employees come to work every day, and put forth their best efforts to take care of our hotel. I thank you again for the review, and hope that we will exceed your expectations for your next visit.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South? Share your experiences!