“Great Value for a short stay.”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It was a place to stay one night when our flight was cancelled. Near the airport and cruise terminal. Very nice pool area, full breakfast, and accommodating staff at a very reasonable price. Room was a bit dark and drab with an old noisy air conditioning unit, but it was clean and fine for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank judgebuff

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I had a two-night stay at this hotel early February, 2014 prior to a cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary. We also stayed here last year with a large group prior to a spring break cruise. It was also an attractive hotel to me because I grew up close to this area and am familiar where things are located. I'll start with the positive aspects of this property. The beds are VERY comfortable! The location is convenient to the airport and Port Everglades and offers free shuttle from the airport as long as your flight is within their shuttle service hours of operation, not a minute sooner or a minute past! Trust me on this one! :-) Their transportation is third party and there is a FEE to the cruise port but it's pretty reasonable. This company will also arrange transportation to the water taxi and possibly other area attractions, didn't get into all that with them so I really don't know what all they offer. They will work with you on costs and location drop offs if you have a large enough party. There were six of us on this particular trip. We didn't use their services last year but they will allow you to park you vehicle in their lot for a fee. They have a booth set up in the front lobby and it stays HOPPING in there all the time. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing stay lingering around a quiet hotel, do not stay here! This hotel is BUSY BUSY BUSY. There are a plethora of low budget shopping opportunities (KMart, etc.), several grocery stores,fast food chains and other restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. There 's a Walgreen's with an attached liquor store east of the hotel but it's a fairly long walk and if you are getting a lot of things, you'll need to negotiate a "stop" while on the shuttle to and fro but the other patrons on the shuttle will have to be on board with that. The hotel pool and breakfast area are very pleasant and represents the tropical, colorful ambiance that the area is known for. Yes, it's humid and depending on the time of year, very hot. And now the negatives. I will caution you to stay around the hotel area and don't venture out on foot to the west. Going past the expressway on foot could be a little dangerous. As far as the rooms, something will be wrong with your room whether it's that you only have ONE bath towel (happened to me), the TV remote is broken (happened to me), the air doesn't work (happened to my friend), the room is dirty (happened to my friend), the room is not exactly clean but not too terribly awful (that happened to me), musty and wet feeling (welcome to South Florida and an older property) or they leave you at the airport to fend for yourself even if your are just TWO minutes past the cut off for the airport shuttle. Do NOT believe a word they tell you because, I called them TWICE and told them our flight had been delayed and that we may be a few minutes after the cut off for the shuttle. The front desk clerk assured me the driver would pick us up as long as it was only 5 to 7 minutes after. I called them from the street two minutes after their cut off and the driver had gone home and the front desk shift had changed and although he was professional and patient...there was nothing he could do for me. We were stuck The airport was crawling with people (the weather up north drew in a lot of cancelled flights and lots of people) so we had to hire a guy with a black SUV (legit enough but not through a taxi cab service) and he had NO way of printing us a receipt. I knew then I had no recourse with the hotel without that but what do you do? I was promised the shuttle would be there by the front desk clerk. Apparently she must have went home and didn't pass on the information or just said all that to pacify me. Regardless, we had to pay a hefty amount to get to the hotel that is a stone's throw away. The next morning, I spoke with a nice young lady at the front desk and asked if I could see the manager. She informed me he was "unavailable" and "not on the property". Surrreeeee. :-) She took my number and told me he would return my call. Of course, he never did. I spoke with the same young lady again later on that day and she stated he was upset with her that she herself didn't handle it and the if I didn't have a receipt for my troubles the prior night, there was nothing that could be done for me. At the very least, he should have called me but I didn't lose any sleep over it. We had a great time and would probably not stay again unless a complimentary two night stay to redeem themselves were offered. Afterall, I grew up there and it was my 25 wedding anniversary. :-)

4  Thank bwaldroup
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight before a cruise. A dated hotel but clean and everything in the room worked. Shuttle free from airport and to the cruise terminal. Breakfast was billed as continental but was more. Standard breads with sausage and scrambled eggs waffles, fruit coffee tea juice cereal and yogurt. Bath seemed to have been recently upgraded and beds seemed new. Good for one night wouldn't want to spend a week. Desk service good and free wifi.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clintlinda
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel offers a free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. The shuttle from the airport was very crowded (12 passenger van). The check-in was very efficient as was our request for a room on the first flood. We can't say enough about Henry who was everywhere either handling you bags or for any other assistance that we needed.

2  Thank JohnBCt
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Had to leave next day 4:00 a.m. Asked for a banana or muffin to take with us. Teressa (front desk) said there was only one key to the breakfast room and "the lady" had it - nothing could be done until 6:00 a.m. next morning. Refused to even TRY!! Asked for wake-up call for 3:30 a.m. and taxi for 4:00 a.m. Luckily we were awake - no wake-up call. When we got to front desk, he said taxi had not been called because we did not answer the wake-up call. WHAT!!!!!!! You don't wake us up, and then you decide not to get us our taxi for the airport????? This is SERVICE???? We complained bitterly and were given a discount, but these problems need to be seriously addressed. So does Teresa's attitude. All this makes the broken coffee pot switch in 108 (which was also missing a filter), rotting bathroom door and filthy curtains seem trivial.

4  Thank janebo
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is run-down. Our wake-up call never came though the Front Office said they made one. Thus, no attempt to make sure we were awake and no call made for our taxi for a very early morning start. Also congested lobby ... space cannot handle people waiting for shuttles.

Would never stay there again.

Room Tip: The best tip I can give you ... STAY AWAY !!!
2  Thank Sakamato
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We booked a one night stay her prior to our cruise. It took over an hour for the shuttle to pick us up at the airport. Got to our room and there was no electricty in the room except in the bathroom, called the desk and they said they would send someone up right away, 15 minutes later, no one showed, called them again and they said they would check on it, I replied that if there was no one up here in 10 minutes, I would be back down and would be moved to another room, they called back within minutes and said that they would move us to another room and they would send someone up with new key cards. We got moved to another room, there was electricity, but the locks on the door would not lock because they did not fit into the door frame correctly. After much jiggling of the door and locks we were finally able to get the doors to lock. After paying more than $200.00 for this room we expected better quality than what we received. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kcarrots1
Joe K, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear kcarrots1,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review of your time at the Quality Inn & Suites on TripAdvisor. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us recognize area of concern, as well as notifies us of the things we are doing right. I am terribly sorry that you had to experience these inconveniences while staying at our hotel. I will be sure to bring this issue up to our maintenance manager and make sure this gets taken care of. Again, on behalf of the staff and management at the hotel, I apologize for these issues you experienced. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review, and have a lovely day.
Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South? Share your experiences!