“Great pre-cruise hotel!”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise and found it a great bargain for the price! Shuttle from the airport took about 30 minutes to arrive, but it was a very busy Saturday afternoon. Henry at the hotel was so great! Took all our luggage to the room and promised to come back the next morning to load it on the shuttle. The shuttle is large and they have a trailer for the luggage. Bed was amazing! Room clean. Breakfast had a nice selection including eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits and make your own waffles. Lots of choices for a free buffet and attendants that kept replenishing. Kmart and lots of fast food close by in Walking distance. Highly recommend and would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GweninTX
Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is old and could use some updating throughout. The hotel is definitely busy before and after a cruise with people returning and or checking in. It is close to McDonald's; Burger King, Chipotle; Ross, Marshalls, Home depot, BJ's; K-mart; etc.... The company that does the shuttle to and from ports/airports are well organized and on time. The hotel arranges the shuttle service
Hotel provides good service at the Front desk and by the porter. Overall the staff was nice.Rooms are very old but clean. Pool area is a good size. Stayed at another Quality inn at Penn State; night and day difference. My son could not believe the state of the buildings...

I understand the need to find some reasonable priced hotel but for my family; we will be staying elsewhere. Not our type of hotel even though it is very busy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lightzoom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was very reluctant to stay at this hotel based on the reviews I read on here. Totally unfounded! It was convenient to the cruise port, comfortable, awesome staff, fantastic pool and area, quiet and well maintained. Could have used a much better cleaning, but not deplorable. Bed and linens were clean. It was near a couple of places to eat and a shopping plaza was close by. Had I known how nice it actually was, I would have stayed for the 5 day start of my trip instead of another (higher rated) dump. Just goes to show that you have to see for yourself!

Room Tip: Ask for a room without carpet...a bit musty.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rhodeo1
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel last year (2013) before a cruise and this year before heading to St Kitts for 10 days. We found it to be a good place to spend the night at a reasonable price. The mattresses are super comfortable so the sleep was great. The pool area is nice but could use a few more loungers. There is a bar at the pool area and a place where you can order sandwiches. There is also a Taco Bell and McDonalds right next door plus more restaurants and stores just a short walk away.
The rooms are large but a little dark. Our room was clean but a little outdated but we would stay here again as a stopover. The breakfast is great with eggs, ham, bacon, waffles, yogurt, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, juice and coffee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank timnjill
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here after booking on hotwire. Reception was incredibly busy and it took over 30 minutes to be able to leave our luggage in storage. Did not feel comfortable in the room, the place was really run down and in need of serious renovation. The bathroom was dirty with hairs and grime on the floors, carpets in the room were sticky. I did not want to sleep there. Location was about 15 minutes from the airport. The shuttle arrived 40 minutes late and as a result some people missed their flights. I understand the need to find something when traveling on a budget but my advice would be to stay elsewhere and spend a little more.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank freqworld_traveller
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We arrived late Sunday afternoon, joining a group of friends who were already there. We were all staying there the night before our cruise left. Loved the free shuttle from the airport, driver was nice and helped with our bags. Hotel was sold out because of the large group cruising. So checkin was a bit of a wait time. At check-in, Eddie told me my total balance due was $148.xx. (note the group rate for saturday night was $135+tax=$148.xx and the group rate for Sunday was $89+tax=$99.xx). I told hime, "no, the rate is $89 +tax for sunday" and he insisted that it was not, that it was the $135. I never travel without my print outs of my confirmations. Low and behold the confirmation stated $89! Only then did he make the adjustment, and wasn't happy about it. Whatever. He gave us the keys to our room, we trekked all the way there with all of our luggage, dropped off our luggage changed into some warm weather clothes (traveling from Wisconsin) and headed down to the pool, where the rest of our party was.
We hung out there all afternoon/evening. My husband and daughter were beat from traveling so they headed up to bed. A few hours later, around 11pm I headed back to the room. Searched around for the light switch, finally found it but didn't work. No lights. I had left over food Iwanted to put in the fridge, opened the fridge it was warm. Tried turning on the TV, no luck. No power to the alarm clock either. Phone worked though, I called the front desk, got Eddie. Told him that the only electricity that worked in our room was the phone and the bathroom light. He offered to send up maintenance, but with 2 of the 3 of us already sound asleep, I told him no.
In the morning, when checking out, I spoke with a Manager to let them know we were without power in our room, and they may want to fix it before the next person checks in. I never ask for anything, but I thought it wouldve been nice for them to offer me a refund or discount on my room or a credit towards my next stay, anything at all. Nothing was offered. Not even a "Thank You for letting us know. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Nothing.
Tried emailing the Manager and detailing our concerns, with run around. Automated response emails stating, please contact our corporate offices, etc. Just gave up.
We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: get something close to the pool or you'll be carting all your luggage a very long way.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kallenbachn
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We paid nearly $200 for one night prior to a cruise. It wasn't bad, but sure not worth $200. The taps weren't working correctly, the lobby is very crowded on transports to the ships.

One other thing. The company in the lobby offering transfers from the cruise port to the airport was charging $10 per passenger (and likely a tip on that). Our cab fare was only $11.30 total. I'm glad I checked before booking tickets.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark_Waterloo_ON
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
#34 of 73 in Hollywood

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South? Share your experiences!