“Could be better”

Ramada Hollywood Downtown
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Parking is a struggle and is not free (which is a shame), biulding is very old and the hot air from each room's air conditioner goes to the hallway so when you get out of your room it fells like you're entering in hell because of the very uncomfortable heat that accumulates there. Also very noisy.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Hello Casselberry,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you were not as happy with your stay as you should have been. The summer in South Florida is hot and humid. The average realitive humidity ranges from 65% to 85% within the same day and combined with the temperature ranging from the high 80's to the mid 90's can make it feel uncomfortable at certain times of the day. We are an outside corridor hotel. The air conditioners do vent to the outside as most outside corridor hotels do. I hope while you were here you were able to enjoy the Arts and Entertainment District surrounding the hotel with the 40+ restaurants, clubs and boutiques. Please visit us again in the winter when the heat and humidity is more moderate.
Ramada Downtown Hollywood

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

A TripAdvisor Member
LONGWOOD
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The room was worth the stay. THe breakfast was better than expected. Great area... Pool was awesome..

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Longwood,
Thank you!

Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as we thought it was a great central location. When lookIng on the map it looks it but it's way out from most things. If I was to go again stay on Hollywood boulevard for sure. Also one thing no body mentioned on the reviews this hotel is right in there gay district which is wonderful if your gay. Not if your there on your honeymoon. Every pub and club in walking distance is a gay club or bar. Just thought I'd let everyone know to make sure it suits u when booking

• Stayed: July 2012

Hello Jamsey1,
Honeymoon! Wow! Congratulations. I am sorry and surprised you were disappointed in the location of the hotel. We are centrally located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami. 2 miles from the award winning Hollywood Beach and right in the middle of Hollywood's Art, Entertainment and Dining District. There are 40+ restaurants, clubs and boutiques. They all enjoy diversified clientele. I do not know of a specific culture being catered to more than any other culture in any of the establishments in or surrounding the hotel. Perhaps this is why no one else mentioned it in other reviews as you stated in yours.
Thank you for staying with us and I wish you and yours a happy and healthy future.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

stayed 6 days and hotel was a good value, place was clean and no problems with staff. Did my OWN research of hotel prior and already knew about breakfast, so people should do the same before checking in any hotel! For the most part the hotel was cleaned daily, housekeeping is to keep up the facility not be anyone's PERSONAL MAID to clean their slop. great location for beach and boardwalk short trolley ride away. I would recommend hotel for value minded travelers for others pay the 250.00 a night rate if you want luxury!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you PJ for staying with us.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel.
We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

It was a great experience.My family and I were very happy to have chosen this hotel,the room was clean, the staff was great, and the breakfast was delicious. The pool and the tiki bar was amazing! I loved it!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you PJ for staying with us.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel.
We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Let's just say I only stayed at this hotel because of the close proximity to family. The check in process is entirely too long. I walked in at 3:00p and there was someone checking in before me and I stood there for 15 mins without a greeting from the gentleman at the desk. Finally when I came up to the desk he still didn't greet he took a call didn't look up one time during my entire interaction with him. Gave me no information about the hotel I found out about the breakfast the next morning by accident. Upon check same gentleman at the desk no personality what so ever. I would stay here again for location only. But this hotels lacks customer interation skills

Hello Enjolip,
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to tell us about your experience with us. Feedback like yours is appreciated so we can improve problem situations in order to provide you and others the experience you deserve. I am sorry for the situation you encountered. This is not something we promote. We promote the opposite. We appreciate every guest that comes through our door and want them to feel welcome.
Thank you again and I am sure your next stay with us will begin different.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

My biggest problem with the stay was that the room was very outdated. The blackout and privacy curtains left a gap near the door that allows someone outside the room to see in, and see if someone is in the bed due to the position of a mirror. This is extremely unnerving and a security risk. I would not feel comfortable booking a stay at this hotel in the future.

A further security concern: the business suites building behind, while the connection between it and the hotel is convenient to getting to the "main drag" of restraunts and bars, there is no visible security presence, meaning someone from the street behind could just walk into the guest rooms area of the hotel without being challenged.

I did not receive any breakfast, nor did I have any indication as to where it would be served. This did not make for a pleasant drive out of the area.

Otherwise the location is excellent, and the desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately pleasant and helpful doesn't trump the problems this particular hotel has.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Hello Anonymous T
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you had difficulty with your drapes not closing properly. We have staff at the hotel 24 hours a day. I am assuming the front desk was not contacted at the time otherwise maintenance or security would have come to your room and fixed the problem. The Ramada Downtown Hollywood is safe. We have not had any situations other than the occasional noisy guest due to enjoying to many libations in the area's 40+ restaurants and clubs. I also apologize for your lack of awareness of the Complimentary Continental Breakfast. The guest service attendant at check-in should have informed you of it as well as the other amenities in the hotel and it's surrounding areas such as free WiFi and the $1.00 trolley to the beach.
Please except my humblest apologizes and I hope you will reconsider staying here again,