“i love this hotel and i would definitely come back without thinking about it twice!”

Hollywood Gateway Inn
Ranked #53 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

i love this place! super cheap great staff comfortable bed. room was big and super clean! i would love to come back here anytime with no problem! the entire hotel was clean! i just loved it so much that im thinking to come back next week! love it! the best hotel i have ever had! favorite! NUMBER 1 FOR SURE!!!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank luche25
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Gateway Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you fro your feedback and we appreciate your stay with us. We strive to provide a great experience with every opportunity. We are dedicated to customer service with every interaction. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was a little scared after reading the bad reviews after I booked on line. What a pleasant surprise when I arrived! My room was IMMACULATE! I have stayed at 3 star hotels and my room was just as nice! Very safe, you have to have a room key to enter hallway where rooms are. The rating is a 1 star , but should at least be a 2 1/2 star rating! Hotel is backed up to a residential area, is surrounded by all my favorite restaurants, 1/2 block from I 95, my bank was right down the block, shopping centers nearby.

3 Thank judyace
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Gateway Inn, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your stay with us. With all the hotel options out there we take pride in offering a clean room, great amenities at a reasonable price. We hope to see you again in the future. Thanks.
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hollywood Gateway Inn rescues horrific misadventure:

I was riding my motorcycle and pulling a trailer from several hundred miles away to meet my sister in South Florida, who was flying in from Michigan to meet me. While en-route, my motorcycle broke down in the middle of Everglade swamp land and I wound up missing my rendezvous with sister.

Languishing there, 40 miles from the nearest gas station or business of any kind, it took 6 hours stranded in the Florida sun with nothing to sit on but my motorcycle seat before the tow truck finally got me out of there at a cost of nearly $500. Another $350 was required as the tow driver and I hopped from mechanic shop to mechanic until we could find one that would service my vehicle without making me wait for two weeks. No mechanic was willing to hold my trailer in the interim. The towing service wound up stashing it on their lot for lack of other options, charging $30 a day to 'impound' the trailer.

Exhausted and hemorrhaging cash like a broken piggy bank, I happened on the Hollywood Gateway Inn.

I usually stay at Richard's Hotel (a decent establishment, usually reasonably priced), but they wouldn't honor their Roomsaver coupon and despite my long history with them, they did no more than voice unbacked empathy for my difficult plight. Nice words, but in the final analysis they refused to help accommodate me in any way other than by quoting me more than double their advertised coupon rate.

Tammy at Hollywood Gateway Inn's front desk greeted me with the kindest ear, carefully listening to the nightmare I found myself in. Even though the mechanic kept pushing service resolution back additional days, even though my circumstances changed by the day and often to the inconvenience of the hotel, it was no matter to Tammy nor later to Livia (star of the evening shift at the front desk). Their primary goal was always clearly and consistently to make my stay as comfortable and inexpensive as possible while reducing the stress I was living to whatever degree they could muster and to always do so with the kindest of smiles and attitudes.

Tammy worked with me to stash the trailer on hotel property for free as long as I stayed there, and when it became less expensive to rent a car for a week so I could drive back home while waiting for the mechanic to finish, she allowed me to store the trailer securely for just $10 a day. The savings on this single service alone paid for the entire cost of my car rental.

You might think that Tammy and Livia are special (they are). In that case however, you might also be discounting that Pat dropped everything to quickly and effectively resolve my inability to connect to Internet, that a hotel maintenance employee (I wish I knew his name) graciously oriented me to laundry and other facilities that made the stay that much easier and manageable while also helping me to do the best job possible of securing my trailer, and that the friendly and pleasant maid (whose name I don't know) had the room and hotel so immaculate that although I remained barefoot within the entire hotel, the soles of my feet didn't betray my shoeless wandering... they looked at all times like I had just gotten out of the shower.

About Hollywood Gateway Inn:

~ These are really clean and comfortable rooms
~ The property may be 3 stars in magazines that rate this sort of thing, but in my book their service is nothing less than 5 stars
~ The large swimming pool is sparkling clean and is a nice size (4 feet at one end and 8 feet at the other), and proved great respite to my stressed situation
~ The hotel is centrally located, just off of I-95 with key businesses and transportation within walking distance
~ I found several great and inexpensive ethnic eateries within walking distance - the food was remarkably good and varied
~ The employees I queried have all worked there at least a decade and appear to like their home in the hotel as much as I did
~ The beds are high quality and comfortable. I slept like a baby. Granted on Day 1 I was exhausted and could have slept on a log, but by Day 3 I was still glad to tuck myself under those clean and comfortable covers and enjoyed the sorely needed rest in this great find of a home-away-from-home.

I see a review that describes this hotel as 'run-down' and not in a very good area. I must object: if you consider that surrounding parking lots have pot holes (not this hotel's) it looks like the area MIGHT be run-down. The hotel itself and the rooms you stay in however are, very well maintained and much cleaner than some rooms I've paid twice the price for. I felt very safe at all hours of the day and night while walking around extensively in this working-class neighborhood.

Furthermore, pot holes in your neighbors' parking lots do not an area make. None of the hotel's parking spaces have pot holes. They are all convenient, well lit and entirely safe. Moreover, the bus system runs frequently and just a couple of blocks from the hotel, which saved me a great deal of time, grief and money as I shuttled back and forth to the mechanic and other places before I finally realized I'd have to rent a car.

Bottom line: within 24 hours the staff felt more like my close and caring family than they did employees at a hotel. My trip was laden with expensive and unanticipated catastrophe: broken down motorcycle, mechanics who didn't do what they said they would, tow drivers happy to rape me because I was at their mercy and they could. Worst of all I missed my sister, which was the entire point of my visit. The Hollywood Gateway Inn was the lone beacon... the one thing I didn't have to worry about, the true rescuers of my difficult situation. I could easily have hemorrhaged another $1000 for the impromptu hotel stay, but got away at a small fraction of that price even while staying in peace and comfort in a great location and with a great staff to back me up while misadventured in unfamiliar territory.

Tammy, Livia, Pat and all you others whose names I wish I knew: thank you so, so very much for your kind hearts and friendly, most gracious service!! Words just can't properly express the depth of my gratitude and the exemplary nature of your respective ways of being, your hotel and how you cater to your guests.

Move over Richard's Hotel: yours is not too shabby a place and I would certainly stay there again if it came to that, but when in Southeast Florida, Hollywood Gateway Inn will be my default home-away-from-home!

3 Thank EdBen2014
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Gateway Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your stay and we appreciate the feedback on your experience. We strive to provide great service, clean rooms at a reasonable price. We take pride in exceeding our guest's expectations with every interaction. We hope to see you again soon when you in the South Florida area. Thanks.
Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Clean. Friendly. Safe. Fast internet. Free parking. Excellent value for money compared with the other nearby locations some of which charge extra for parking and internet. Coffee always available and free cereal/bagels/donuts/juice/coffee in the mornings (7am to 9am). The building is relatively old but the staff keep the rooms nice, many have balconys, pool is in good shape and right by I-95 for easy access (with no noticeable traffic noise at night). Comfy bed, clean sheets and towels, hot water with good pressure. Fridge/microwave/hair drier/irons all in the room. For the price, I could not ask for more. Say 'Hi' to Tammy at the front desk !

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms all appear to have private balconies - ground floor rooms have small patios, less pr...
2 Thank Gerry F
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Gateway Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for the feedback and we appreciate your stay with us. We take pride in providing a clean rooms, great service for a reasonable price. We are thankful you gave us an opportunity to accommodate your needs. We hope to see you again in the future.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is the 3rd. time I stay at the hollywood Gate In. Its excellent for a shopper that needs to be moving arround miami, north and south. Its quite, clean, very firendly staff, Tamara in the mornig, the roumanian girl on the afternoon and the overnight girl were all very kind and helpfull. I received a lot of parcels from Amazon/Ebay, they all arrived perfect. They even keep them for months if you missed them. The rooms are ok and clean, nothing fancy but they are complete. The breakfast is what you need to start the day. You have internet acces that has a perfect receptions in the rooms and a computer in the lobby. I will stay there again for sure. Raul K.

Room Tip: Lower Floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank R K
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Gateway Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate the continued patronage to our property. With all the hotel options out there we strive to provide a clean room, great service at a reasonable price. We hope to see you again in the future. Thanks
Galva, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I needed a room for just a quick overnight stay before early morning flight out of Ft. Lauderdale so I booked this room via orbitz as it rated it as 2 star, close to interstate and offered discount.
Proof that you get what you pay for....
The location of this hotel is not in a great area, very run down, not easy to get to since it's off the main road and behind other buildings.
The front desk clerk was pleasant but the condition of the hotel was very poor ~ I would NOT rate it at even 1 star. I reserved a non-smoking room and it was fairly clear that they put a non-smoking 'sign' in my room but it has been smoked in, likley up until that morning.
We were given a room on the lower level and teh floor inthe room was uneven (water damage? other issues), carpet very dirty, ceiling showed extreme evidence of water issues from 2nd floor rooms, the shower in the bathroom had been redone with newer tile but again the ceiling was in bad shape from prior water damage.
I would NOT recommend that anyone stay at this facility. it needs severe updates and cleaning.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel unless you are desparate for an inexpensive hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Gateway Inn, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your stay with us. We hold our cleanliness of the hotel to a very high standard and the housekeeping department have been addressed with your concerns. We are focused on upgrading and updating this property. We take pride in our guest satisfaction and we hope to build in a positive direction. We hope you can give us another chance in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Hollywood hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This will go down as the worse experience at any hotel that we have ever stayed at. We checked into the hotel room, left for several hours. When we arrived in the room we made ourselves comfortable on the bed. After a few minutes went by, we started smelling a very unpleasant smell. I lifted the sheets up and discovered a huge wet urine stain that went through all the way to the mattress and it soaked all the way through the bed spreads. This was a clear indication that the bed was not checked or changed when house keeping made the room. It was so disgusting my girl friend started throwing up. Her dress was ruined by being soaked with urine on it. I immediately went and complained to the front desk and asked for the Manager and was told he was not in. The front desk girl offered another room, since it was late we indicated we would stay. When we went to the other room, it was never made up, garbage was everywhere all over the floor, the room smelt very bad, beds not made, the room was absolutely disgusting. I complained again, the front desk girl came saw the room and apologized again. We gave the hotel one more chance due to the fact we were tired and it was late, and what we witnessed next would send chills down anyone's spine. I asked if I could take a look at the room to ensure there were no more surprises, and I found more than a surprise. I lifted up the bed spreads, and there were bed bugs crawling all under the mattress, as well as little tiny spiders. It was so disgusting, I went and showed the front desk the horrifying images of the bed bugs. All she could do was apologize and stated she would notify the Manager in the morning to issue us a full refund. We left the hotel. I called 3 times and insisted to speak directly with the Manager, and each time I was blown off by the front desk girl, by stating the Manager was out, or he was on a business call. I gave my information and was told he would call me back to even apologize or offer to take care the dry cleaning of the ruined dress, and even after a week we still haven't received one phone call in reference to the disastrous night mare night that we had. The health department needs to come in and shut this hotel down, it is a complete disgrace and should not be listed to have anyone stay. I would not recommend it to anyone. Stay away from this place. The pictures online are very deceiving nothing like it appears.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank D B
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you giving our hotel a chance. I apologize for the experiences you've had and the opportunities faced at our hotel. We take pride in resolving any situation in a timely manner and providing compensation when granted. We take our cleanliness and friendliness very seriously and we strive for excellence. All items listed have been discussed with the appropriate personnel and action has been taken. It is our goal to provide a clean room, great service and at a reasonable price. We hope we can earn your return in the future.