We booked our family into the spa for several treatments.Despite an 18% surcharge on our services a "tip" was requested.In South Florida,I have been a patron at many spa and have no issue with an automatic gratuity but twice? The mamoth "towel boy" who creepily watched the pool area was weird.My husband went to move a small side table to his beach lounger and was told he could not."Gotta keep things in order....no disrespect." Only one table per row was allowed and it had to stay at the end of the row.This fellow weighed about 300lb's and was obviosly more suited for a bouncer ina seedy bar.He never once smiled or showed any customer service.The server who brought samples of non alcoholic smoothies was no friendlier....never a word or smile.The "bouncer " even went to the spa to make sure we weren't "sneaking in! We are all adults,my husband almost 50.The front desk seemed friendly,pool area is beach-side,spa had some fruit and tea,no coffee,very small area to relax after treatments.Staff was ok.Sent me to the lockers without the code ,very busy chatting.Management needs to take a hard look to improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a South Florida boutique hotel that is situated directly on the famed Hollywood Broadwalk and on the Atlantic Ocean. As the only Marriott hotel on the Broadwalk, and only five miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and eight miles from Port Everglades, this Hollywood Florida hotel that is on the beach is nestled away from the busy strip of tourist hotels near Fort Lauderdale, which captivates a true hometown, beach town experience for the best in accommodations. The Hollywood Broadwalk is rated as one of the best beach boardwalks by Travel + Leisure magazine and USA Today, offering almost three miles of strolling, biking, dining, and nightlife, all connecting to the hotel so you can walk to so many attractions. In walking distance, Florida action awaits you! Featuring 229 guest rooms lined with amazing water views, the Hollywood Beach Marriott also offers an indoor and outdoor restaurant to satisfy, plus a delightful beachfront pool and Jacuzzi for serenity. Casual and cool, we boast the perfect function space for your next beach Wedding, Mitzvah, or Corporate meeting. Whether on vacation or getting down to business, you can do it right in Hollywood, Florida ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hollywood Beach Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Marriott
- Hollywood Beach Marriott Florida