My wife booked this trip for my birthday present--a trip to the college football BCS championship. She booked months in advance and despite talking to the staff and being assure of a quiet beachfront room, we were put on a low floor right above the outdoor bar which has live entertainment all day and well into the night. Needless to say it was unbearably loud and had a view of the roof. We tried to endure it but after a sleepless night and inability to nap even with ear plugs we asked to be moved. We should have asked sooner. Once told THE STAFF COULD NOT DO ENOUGH TO PLEASE US. Despite the hotel being full the manager moved us to a top floor corner suite and then had complimentary wine and snacks sent to our room. We are now quite happy. Housekeeping, pool staff, bellmen and wait staff all aim to please. Food in the restaurant was surprisingly good for a quick pub dinner after a long day of travel. Fish tacos and Mahi Mahi sandwich were tastey, fresh and fast, reasonable priced and served beachfront (with the live entertainment).
The property is an older property but the rooms were recently upgraded. Beds are comfortable - marble baths and flat screen TVs. Despite being crowded we had no problem getting a nice spot at the pool that while not up to modern high priced resort standards had plenty of room and was heated. Location could not be better for Hollywood FL - right on the beach and boardwalk. It is a busy location, but still much quieter than South Beach. There were many families with kids and the environs seemed family friendly. A nice compromise for people who want a Miami Beach experience either with a family or without the full throttle energy of South Beach.
We are an older couple who travel a lot. We came for a football game with the added bonus of a few days at the beach in a comfortable hotel which is just what we will get. We probably will not return because our taste has graduated to five star resorts. But as hard to please old folks who have been blessed with the ability to experience the worlds finest we are none the less comfortable. Now if the staff can just secure a Notre Dame victory over Alabama . . . . . .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a South Florida boutique hotel that is situated directly on the famed Hollywood Broadwalk and on the Atlantic Ocean. As the only Marriott hotel on the Broadwalk, and only five miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and eight miles from Port Everglades, this Hollywood Florida hotel that is on the beach is nestled away from the busy strip of tourist hotels near Fort Lauderdale, which captivates a true hometown, beach town experience for the best in accommodations. The Hollywood Broadwalk is rated as one of the best beach boardwalks by Travel + Leisure magazine and USA Today, offering almost three miles of strolling, biking, dining, and nightlife, all connecting to the hotel so you can walk to so many attractions. In walking distance, Florida action awaits you! Featuring 229 guest rooms lined with amazing water views, the Hollywood Beach Marriott also offers an indoor and outdoor restaurant to satisfy, plus a delightful beachfront pool and Jacuzzi for serenity. Casual and cool, we boast the perfect function space for your next beach Wedding, Mitzvah, or Corporate meeting. Whether on vacation or getting down to business, you can do it right in Hollywood, Florida ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hollywood Beach Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Marriott
- Hollywood Beach Marriott Florida