I recently stayed at this hotel for a girls' weekend. I didn't find it to be anything special, but it's not bad either. I'll start with some issues we had: When we checked in and went to our room, we noticed a big yellowish stain on one of the sheets. I think the sheet had been washed, but it's still a little disturbing to see a big stain right where you'll be sleeping. So we asked housekeeping to change the sheets on that bed. We left and went to lunch, returned, and nothing had been done. So we had to ask a second time before they finally changed it. They make a point of leaving the tv remote in a paper sleeve telling you it's been sanitized. When we got the remote out to use it, there was some sort of pinkish substance on some of the buttons. Sanitized? I think not. There were different minor annoyances, like housekeeping not leaving us enough towels, a lighted make-up mirror that didn't light up, the water pressure in the shower is not great, and there's no fan in the bathroom, so it gets really steamy when you shower. None major issues, but added up, rather irritating. I liked that there was a balcony, but the 2 chairs on it took up most of the space. There were 4 of us girls, and it was way too small for all of us to be out there at the same time comfortably. Now for the good: I like that this hotel is right by the beach, you just have to walk across the broadwalk, and there's the beautiful white sand and the ocean. The beds are fairly comfortable, and the decor in the room is nice. I liked the full-length mirror on the back of the closet door. The fruit-infused water they have in the lobby is a nice touch. We arrived over 2 hours before check-in, and were happy to find our room was ready, and we didn't have to wait. The staff was friendly, and service at the front desk was good. I also liked that there was free wifi, with no password necessary. Our room had a mini-fridge, which was a plus. I also liked that self-parking ($17 per day) is right in the hotel garage, and not in some inconvenient location like is sometimes the case. Overall, I would rate it about average. When you're spending over $300 on a hotel room you have certain expectations, and I didn't find this hotel to be worth anywhere close to what we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a South Florida boutique hotel that is situated directly on the famed Hollywood Broadwalk and on the Atlantic Ocean. As the only Marriott hotel on the Broadwalk, and only five miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and eight miles from Port Everglades, this Hollywood Florida hotel that is on the beach is nestled away from the busy strip of tourist hotels near Fort Lauderdale, which captivates a true hometown, beach town experience for the best in accommodations. The Hollywood Broadwalk is rated as one of the best beach boardwalks by Travel + Leisure magazine and USA Today, offering almost three miles of strolling, biking, dining, and nightlife, all connecting to the hotel so you can walk to so many attractions. In walking distance, Florida action awaits you! Featuring 229 guest rooms lined with amazing water views, the Hollywood Beach Marriott also offers an indoor and outdoor restaurant to satisfy, plus a delightful beachfront pool and Jacuzzi for serenity. Casual and cool, we boast the perfect function space for your next beach Wedding, Mitzvah, or Corporate meeting. Whether on vacation or getting down to business, you can do it right in Hollywood, Florida ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hollywood Beach Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Marriott
- Hollywood Beach Marriott Florida