“Right on the beach”

Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Sarasota, Florida
“Right on the beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a girls' weekend. I didn't find it to be anything special, but it's not bad either. I'll start with some issues we had: When we checked in and went to our room, we noticed a big yellowish stain on one of the sheets. I think the sheet had been washed, but it's still a little disturbing to see a big stain right where you'll be sleeping. So we asked housekeeping to change the sheets on that bed. We left and went to lunch, returned, and nothing had been done. So we had to ask a second time before they finally changed it. They make a point of leaving the tv remote in a paper sleeve telling you it's been sanitized. When we got the remote out to use it, there was some sort of pinkish substance on some of the buttons. Sanitized? I think not. There were different minor annoyances, like housekeeping not leaving us enough towels, a lighted make-up mirror that didn't light up, the water pressure in the shower is not great, and there's no fan in the bathroom, so it gets really steamy when you shower. None major issues, but added up, rather irritating. I liked that there was a balcony, but the 2 chairs on it took up most of the space. There were 4 of us girls, and it was way too small for all of us to be out there at the same time comfortably. Now for the good: I like that this hotel is right by the beach, you just have to walk across the broadwalk, and there's the beautiful white sand and the ocean. The beds are fairly comfortable, and the decor in the room is nice. I liked the full-length mirror on the back of the closet door. The fruit-infused water they have in the lobby is a nice touch. We arrived over 2 hours before check-in, and were happy to find our room was ready, and we didn't have to wait. The staff was friendly, and service at the front desk was good. I also liked that there was free wifi, with no password necessary. Our room had a mini-fridge, which was a plus. I also liked that self-parking ($17 per day) is right in the hotel garage, and not in some inconvenient location like is sometimes the case. Overall, I would rate it about average. When you're spending over $300 on a hotel room you have certain expectations, and I didn't find this hotel to be worth anywhere close to what we paid.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Turkish first
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Just returned from staying at hotel from March 31 to April 5th. The staff was great so friendly and happy. Scott the pool guy was awesome and Freddy who took care of breakfast on PH floor was so friendly and hard working. Hotel room was very clean. Fish taco's were great! Overall excellent location and great vacation.

Room Tip: We were in room 810 view was beautiful all rooms on southside would have a great view.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
We are thrilled you enjoy your stay! It's all about bringing great people together with great service and great food, and we are really happy you found it all here, right on the beach and on Hollywood's Broadwalk. We know you have a choice these days, and glad you chose us. See you soon!
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here from march 21 to 29. The staff is friendly, the valet guys were awesome and we really had a great vacation.
I was disappointed that we had to pay for beach chairs and there were no drinks served at the beach. The pool was very nice and the guy that ran the towels was wonderful. The waitress at the pool did a great job also!!

We ate at the marriott for lunch and everyone raved about the food!!!! It was a wonderful trip and will be going back!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jos3girls
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Just got back from a long weekend Easter getaway at the Marriott Hollywood Beach.
e were not disappointed. Great place to go if you want to relax, eat great food and take in the sun. the Hotel is right on the Boardwalk and beside the beach. We enjoyed taking walks in the morning and at night.
very safe and neat to see all of the different people taking in the sights.
Even got a much deserved Swedish massage upon my arrival. was able to reserve it a soon as i arrived.
The only negative comment would have to be the noisy water pressure coming on once and a while

1 Thank 588Bl
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here from March 28 - April 1 for short vacation prior to arrival of our 3rd child...oh and our 10 year anniversary too! This hotel did not disappoint! What truly sets this hotel apart is in fact the service, as some of the other reviews have stated. It is not the nicest Marriott we have ever stayed in, it is old (but clean) and the pool area is quite small. However, the staff truly goes out of their way to ensure you have a wonderful experience. Everyone...from the servers at the bar/restaurant to the housekeepers where friendly (I wish more of the guests were friendly...that is another story). A prime example...our room had a firm mattress. I didn't get much sleep the first night as I am 7 mo pregnant and used to a softer bed. I mentioned this to the staff when they asked how I was and....by that night they had put a feather top on the bed. Are you kidding me??? Who goes out of their way like that for guests...not many hotels in my experience. Also, from a practical perspective it is steps from the beach and a short stroll to the restaurants on the boardwalk.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed at the hotel for our 8th time March 21-27, 2013.
The staff was fantastic and very friendly. The changes they made by adding a fridge in all rooms, was a good positive. The bar outside got crowded and the service was slow but overall a very good stay.

Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

This place is very well located and a very very nice hotel to stay, all though I had a waterfront room with a balcony, and I was kind of disappointed, I mean there is a price that you pay for a non view room and another one for view and balcony, so the room was very nice and clean, we really like it and the view was great but the balcony had nothing, was a very cheap motel balcony, I have had better balcony's for half of the price in other hotels around the world and this was was a really lame one, 2 small chairs and not even a coffee table our glass of wine not nice at all.

I'll still recommend this hotel to any one travelling because the staff was amazing, the atmosphere was great and rest of the hotel was really nice, but just don't pay the over price for a room with a lame balcony.