“Just awful.”

Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Cary, NC
“Just awful.”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Wow. What are terrible hotel. The deluxe room gives you a view of a roof full of equipment that is super loud. I am a platinum (marriott's highest level) and when I complained about being put into a handicapped room with noise and view issues the manager told me to pound sand. After spending 30000 points (which I had to earn by spending $3,000 at Marriott properties) I wish I had just stayed at an airport hotel...it is just awful. I highly recommend avoiding this butt crack of a property...oh btw even though all the nearby hotels have free parking, the Marriott is $17 a night to self park.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank stevesp
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. We strive to provide all of our guests with a beautiful ocean view rooms unfortunately were not able to honor your request. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our beautiful hotel.

Kind Regards,

Albert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Turkish first
wantage
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked a trip to this hotel in Hollywood last minute. We used to stay at the Hollywood Beach Resort 20 years ago when we were dating. Sadly, that place has seen better days. We chose this Marriott and a hotel package that includes breakfast, parking and cabana. We were given a Georgia room. We were impressed with the size and cleanliness. The view was ugly, but we didn't care about that, since we were out and about all day. Breakfast was good, but the omelette/egg chef did not do a good job. My over medium egg was burnt and crispy. Lol. All the staff members at this place were friendly. We love the broadwalk, though it can feel a little unsafe late at night. Don't walk in the bike lane! I almost hit several people who didn't follow that rule. We visited the Westin Diplomat and couldn't believe how crowded that hotel was. We would never stay there. We loved the beach at Marriott and the quaint feel. We also checked out South Beach. Meh. Again, this was prettier imho. Can't wait to book again. I would even consider coming here with the kids next time. Penny

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dover, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at Marriott Hollywood Beach for two days in January this year. We liked it so much that we went back there for 6 days in March to celebrate my wife's birthday. The hotel location is exceptional. It is right on the boardwalk and our rooms had beautiful views of Hollywood Beach. The hotel staff is very helpful. We had access to the Concierge Lounge that provided good breakfast and appetizers as well as 24-hour access to refreshments. This is an old hotel, and does need some updating. But the quality of staff, good swimming pool, good food, and great views are great assets for this hotel. My wife and I certainly plan to go back to Marriott Hollywood Beach.

Room Tip: Rooms at higher floors with northern exposure have better views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is our second year hosting a conference at this hotel. Last year we had an excellent experience and really enjoyed the staff and location. This year I am even more excited. I just called in to make a change to my reservation and also to make a special request for my room to ensure that my wife's birthday is extremely special. Sabrina answered the phone and was a complete delight from beginning to end. Not only did she take care of all of my request but she did it with what sounded like a smile. For someone who stays in hotels all the time, once you get into the reputable names like Marriott, Hilton, Westin, Sheraton, etc. the big differentiating factor is customer service and this hotel exceeds in that.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Churchton, Maryland
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel has an old-school charm and elegance, and that it's parked yards from the beach is an definite plus. The staff service was superb. To a person, everyone was lovely, and wanted the guests to have a good time. Access to the concierge level gives you breakfast and appetizers five days a week BUT you get a breakfast voucher for the other days, AND access to drinks and snacks 24/7, so for pete's sake don't listen to cranky reviews from other guests about that stuff.
I will say that I experienced the peeling wallpaper in the bathroom -- maybe so much humidity makes it impossible to stick? And some other cosmetic things. But I also saw staff, everyday, doing painting and improvements, so I believe the hotel is on to this. No matter how gorgeous the wallpaper is or isn't, it's crummy staff service that gets me and this hotel had quite the opposite. I'd absolutely stay here again. As a mega-points Marriott Rewards member, I got handed a class of sparkling wine on arrival. And things went up hill from there.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms allow you to see the ocean. Mine was on the north side and it was a pretty view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank janebeard
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hotel is old and in dire need of new carpet, furniture and paint. Bathroom was very nice, though. Not ALL rooms have a balcony, and those that do are tiny. Bed was comfortable, linens were good, plenty of towels, etc.

Staff was friendly and helpful. They do have issues with getting taxis to the hotel, so reserve in advance if you need one when you depart.

Location is really great, walk to many restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for better views - almost all rooms are ocean-view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 21 March 2014

No doubt the beach is beautiful....but then you have to go back to your room. During my recent stay, I just felt sad everytime I went into the bathroom and saw the peeling wallpaper. Couldn't someone get some glue?
I was in a corner room, so I had two balconies, and yes, I sure did pay for that...supposedly the "Concierge Level" room. Definitely not worth the money. The concierge lounge is where they were supposed to serve breakfast and hors dourves daily, except for Saturday and Sunday. And, yes, I paid MORE for the room on Saturday and Sunday. I felt so gyped.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family