“Great location, friendly staff”

Hollywood Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is ideally located - just off the beach and right on the boardwalk. The staff is friendly and helpful, the facility is clean and nothing is far away. The hotel would benefit from investment - but that would be a marginal improvement only. Some elements are aging and should be replaced or updated. Even without those improvements, however, this hotel offers opportunities for a near perfect experience. The fact that the spa closed is a bit of a hint that the glory days of this facility will return when the owners upgrard the facility.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are slightly quieter when the entertainment occurs in the restaurant. They...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Turkish first
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Since I am considered a "local" (I live in Ft Lauderdale Florida), the minute I stepped foot into this hotel I felt as though I was on an exotic beach in another country. My husband threw me a surprise birthday party here. It was supposed to be on the patio, but it was too windy, so they moved it inside, all before I arrived. The food was incredible, and the room was large and spacious, just the way I like them! The bedding was fresh and clean, with the big fluffy pillows and down comforter! I slept like a baby! We had a view of the ocean so we kept our sliding door open so we could hear the sounds of the waves! The breakfast buffet the next morning was very tasty, and a great value for the money. They had carving stations, both cold and hot choices of food. Fruits, yogurts, cereals, you name it they had it. The restaurant "Latitudes" that is inside the hotel is also very nice. The wait staff and the catering manager were all super friendly and helpful. Our drinks were never empty, and the food was overflowing! We have found a great little get away close to home! You will not be sorry!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna P
Southampton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we had excellent customer service. Rooms are clean, nice balcony looking at the beach. Breakfast was delicious. Restaurant food was good as well. Great location... If you want a more quiet beach this is your hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed here with my wife and daughter just prior to a Spring Break cruise. I used 35,000 Marriot points since Marriott considers this a "Category 7" hotel, and I was very disappointed. At one point in time, this was probably a pretty decent place. It's right on the beach, but it's simply an old and tattered hotel that sits on a great piece of real estate. Pool was small, but decent. Staff was friendly, but a bit disorganized. After we checked in, someone else was given our room and keyed in as we were relaxing...oops! I went and told the front desk. They apologized and then proceeded to deactivate all of our room keys...oops again. Room was relatively clean with the exception of the cigar buts inside dirty cocktail glasses on our balcony. Gross. I won't go back to this place.

Room Tip: If you prefer modern, bright, updated hotels, you don't want to stay here.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank fjg05
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel surpassed every expectation. From the facility, to the location (right on the amazing Hollywood Beach Broadwalk) to the incredibly friendly, helpful and consistently "extra-effort" focused staff, the Marriott Hollywood Beach gets top scores across the board.

This property offers what I would call the "quintessential" old-Florida beach vacation experience. If you are looking for a lot of overpriced frills and such, head down Rt A1A for about 15 miles and pay way too much for way too little down around South Beach. But, if what you seek is a great property, a great staff, a great location, and a great "beach vacation," stop searching and book your stay here today.

Finally, this review would not be complete without sending some Kudos out to Hollywood Marriott GM Josh Morris and his team. They are focused on customer service in a way that is both consistent and sadly sometime shard to come by these days. Josh is ably as siting in managing the staff by Natacha and Stephanie, supervisors as the front desk who help set the tome for the guest and rest of the staff with the exuberance and commitment to making each guest feel special.

Others on staff who very much deserve credit for making our stay special and memorable would be Freddy and CJ in the concierge lounge, Elio and Edit on the dining staff, the entire housekeeping crew, and the really sweet young lady who works mornings in the Concierge Lounge ( sorry we can't remember her name, but we do remember her smile!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClarkWGriswoldThe3rd
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here... as others have stated the staff is excellent, very friendly and helpful. Location is great, walking distance to plenty of food choices. It is a bit pricey, but it's the only larger hotel in the area that's right on the Broadwalk/beach. Having to pay $17 a day to self-park still irks me, but what are you gonna do. I thought the room was fine. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you can get a good deal.

Room Tip: Pool view room is nice if you can get one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The four star review is because of the amazing right on the beach location. If this review was just for the HOTEL property, it would be a three.

Let me list the GOOD THINGS first - gorgeous view, and I am not even on the ocean facing side! I am still at the hotel now, and looking out my side view window I can see water on BOTH sides. :) Really a spectacular view. Also notable is the champagne served at check in - nice touch! The outside bar location is also nice and a fun place to relax. The toiletries are nice, too. Oh, and the hot tub is fun (though not huge).

Now, for the NOT AS GOOD THINGS.... There have been dirty glasses and plates laying in the hallway and/or on the hall table everytime I have walked down the hall. Ewww. The room is not super clean (an old pen cap is on the floor, wonder what else I would find if I was brave enough to hunt around down there...) The plug in my desk top lamp is broken and I called to ask them to replace the lamp around 28 hours ago. They said they were coming - when do you think I should throw in the towel and admit they are not replacing it? The tv remote control has no battery cover - meaning I need to hold the batteries in with my thumb if I want to use it. The cleaning lady came to clean the room today at 4:10 PM, which seemed incredibly late to me. I had just returned to the room after a day of working, and told her I would be here for the next 45 minutes. She was quite rude and told me THIS was her time to clean this room and she was leaving at 4:30... Well, maaaaybe you could have cleaned it earlier in the day like most Marriotts do??? The wifi connection is very unstable (others in the concierge lounge also complained about that). There is no recycling bin in the room (or on the property that I have seen)., The hotel does not participate in the new Marriott initiative where if you forego room cleaning they give you extra Marriott points (which is a pity since the cleaning lady wouldn't do my room today anyway!).

There you have it. Another review mentioned lack of attention to DETAILS, and I think that hit the nail on the head. This hotel needs a detail oriented manager to spiff it up, and it would be a much better property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business