Our most recent stay at the Marriott Hollywood Beach was in February 2014. We stayed 2 nights pre-cruise and loved every minute of our time there. Since we had not been there in a couple of years, I was concerned about the negative reviews, but we decided to find out for ourselves. Our flight into Fort Lauderdale was delayed to the point we didn't get to the hotel until after midnight. Thankfully, the staff was friendly and our room was held for us. I'm not sure about the complaints that much of the hotel needs refurbishing. Our room, a partial ocean view, was clean and comfortable in every way. We had a few meals in the hotel restaurant, and although they were a bit pricey, they were good and the atmosphere can't be beat. We had lunch seated right next to the Broadwalk, with an incredible view of the ocean. In the evenings, we enjoyed sitting on the patio, under the stars, listening to a very talented musician. I think the negative reviews regarding the difficult operation of balcony doors and such are related to the fact this is an ocean front hotel. The salty, humid air does cause a quicker deterioration of any property. This isn't in the middle of a big city, but right on the Atlantic Ocean. It's gorgeous, comfortable, and fun. We will be returning this summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a South Florida boutique hotel that is situated directly on the famed Hollywood Broadwalk and on the Atlantic Ocean. As the only Marriott hotel on the Broadwalk, and only five miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and eight miles from Port Everglades, this Hollywood Florida hotel that is on the beach is nestled away from the busy strip of tourist hotels near Fort Lauderdale, which captivates a true hometown, beach town experience for the best in accommodations. The Hollywood Broadwalk is rated as one of the best beach boardwalks by Travel + Leisure magazine and USA Today, offering almost three miles of strolling, biking, dining, and nightlife, all connecting to the hotel so you can walk to so many attractions. In walking distance, Florida action awaits you! Featuring 229 guest rooms lined with amazing water views, the Hollywood Beach Marriott also offers an indoor and outdoor restaurant to satisfy, plus a delightful beachfront pool and Jacuzzi for serenity. Casual and cool, we boast the perfect function space for your next beach Wedding, Mitzvah, or Corporate meeting. Whether on vacation or getting down to business, you can do it right in Hollywood, Florida ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hollywood Beach Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Marriott
- Hollywood Beach Marriott Florida