“Great location, comfortable room......”

Hollywood Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Slingerlands, New York
“Great location, comfortable room......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

To start out, I did not find this property to be as luxurious as a couple of the other beach Marriotts in Florida, namely Lauderdale, and especially Marco Island. That being said, this is a great hotel, made even greater by the beautiful beach which is right outside the door. The lobby and public spaces are very nice and spacious, and the parking garage is attached, easy to bring your luggage over. The bed is very comfortable, and the headboard is not of the usual hotel/institutional decor. The bathroom was spacious, stand up shower and marble vanity.

I did not have time to get to the concierge lounge.....but there is one!

I wish I had the time to enjoy the beach and the facilities.....I'll be back!

Room Tip: If you can get it, ask for a corner, such as an "_01" room. Ocean view from two sides, ba...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rhapsodyinblue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Turkish first
Ft. Lauderdale
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

While I can not review the property itself, I can give a word of advice to anyone using their valet service (It was $16.00 to park). Do NOT leave anything of any value because you should not trust their valets. I left a steel cigar cutter in my ashtray when I handed it over to the valet service, When I got my car back the cigar cutter was missing. I was told later when I called to report it to Valet services that their was 7 parking valets on duty, I was treated decently on the phone but with a sound of incredulity that I would even bother about a small item. I can replace the item for about $20 dollars perhaps less. That misses the point about the integrity of their staff. I explained that the same man who parked the car, returned the car to me. There was no doubt that he bears the responsibiity. I will persue this a little further because the hotel should not have untrustworthy employees. My first experience with this property has left a sour taste in my mouth for Marriot Corp. I'll only go back to raise a fuss about this incident but will not ever consider using Marriot again. I had a glass of beer at the tiki bar ($6.50) and the service there was relatively poor, which add fuel to the fire.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Fltnrckwy
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a great location and the staff are wonderful - the staff is 5 star. The restaurant was good and it had a lovely view, but the room service is mediocre with issues getting our order right. While the staff and location were good, our room was dingy and worn - not up to the Marriott name. I was very disappointed because they touted that all rooms had been remodeled but apparently not. Go there for the location, but don't expect stellar accommodations.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BikingTejana
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I came here with my husband for our one year anniversary. We are Marriott members so we took advantage of our points and got a room here.
As with most of the Marriott hotels we have stayed at the décor in the room is modern. The room was very clean, the bedding was very comfortable, nice large screen television, a small fridge, the bathroom had a large shower (no tub), and our balcony had a partial ocean view.
The pool was nice and clean, but a little small in my opinion. Towels are provided at the pool and there was plenty of seating around the pool with some umbrellas available.
There is cold water next to the towel stand, which was convenient, especially in the summer that the temperatures are high and so is the humidity.
The Jacuzzi was pleasant until one of the hotel guests decided to jump in and splash those of us that were in it. I was surprised no staff members came over to say anything.
We walked over to the beach, which is literally right across the Hollywood Boardwalk. The ocean was so calm and relaxing.
We decided to walk down the boardwalk and had dinner in one of the local restaurants, but came back to the hotel and had a drink and dessert before heading back to the room.
The bar area is very pleasant late at night. There are televisions showing sporting events and there is live music provided by a local artist.
We came down and had breakfast in the hotel restaurant, which was convenient and delicious.
On our way back up one of the elevators had broken down so getting up to our room took a little while. We asked for late check-out, which was given to us. We took advantage and took one last dip in the pool.
Overall service was friendly, the hotel grounds are clean and well kept and the parking garage is right next door and covered so even though it was raining when we left we were able to get to our car no problem.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Overall average. Very excellent location, and overall visually fairly clean. Balconies are tiny, but nice to have; although they have a lot of bird droppings on them. There was a strange locker room type smell throughout the hotel, including the guest room.

Self parking option in the garage is nice. Concierge lounge is well stocked and the staff there is absolutely excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Would return again!Staff was wonderful.Breakfast came with the room nice buffet!!Room very clean.Pool area was great!Loved being on the ocean and the boardwalk. VALET STAFF ON TOP OF GETTING YOUR CAR RIGHT AWAY

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mac6242013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was a little surprised by this property. The location is great, but the service was mediocre. When we checked into our room, the patio door would not open. They did send someone up quickly, but he couldn't fix it. Even though we are platinum members, they didn't offer to switch the room or compensate us for our inconvenience.
We later went down for drinks. We waited and waited and waited for service. Finally, after about 20 minutes, I went to get water myself. At this point, the server told me to go back to the table and they would be right with us. Again, there was no apology for the service.
At checkout, the line was long and there was not enough staff.
This is not up to Marriott standard, especially for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple