“1 night pre-cruise w/transportation”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Phoenix, Arizona
“1 night pre-cruise w/transportation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I would give this hotel an average rating but I got a very good deal using the gov't rate so I went with very good. Our flight was delayed almost 2 hours so we didn't arrive till about 9pm. The shuttle was relatively quick. I saw others had luck with getting a ride to nearby restaurants from the shuttle driver but no luck for us. We walked about 10 mins to TGI Fridays. Part of the road doesn't have a sidewalk and it was not lighted, but it seemed like an OK area and nothing bad happened. The hotel was as clean as it could be I think but it did appear to need a refreshing. It just felt kind of dark and musty, kind of like much of southern Florida.
We got scheduled for a 10:30a shuttle to the cuiseport which is provided by a 3rd party transportation business. The were running late so the 10a shuttle left at just after 10:30 and our 10:30 shuttle left a few minutes after 11. Kind of annoying when the woman in charge of the chaos says the shuttle is less than 5 mins away yet took 20 mins. Anyway, not a deal breaker, just a minor setback. You'd think they would have it down pat if they run this shuttle daily.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel in the right location. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff I friendly. The pool area is perfect. We stayed here for 5 days. Many people leaving or returning in cruise stay here. It wasn't a problem. The hotel is close to shops, restaurants and entertainment. Ft lauderdale beach isn't far. I like this location because of the customer service and the cleanliness.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were perfectly satisfied with our stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Fort Lauderdale. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and there is a family of ducks living on the grounds that we much enjoyed! Not far from the beach and easy access to the highway for reaching other attractions.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here before our Celebrity Cruise. We called when we got to the airport and were told where to wait for the shuttle outside. The driver arrived promptly and shuttled us back to the hotel for check in. Front desk was courteous and we were signed up for our cruise shuttle and in our room quickly.

The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable.

The morning of our cruise grabbed a bite of free breakfast. Pretty good variety but we didn't eat much as we were leaving on a CRUISE! ;-)

Our shuttle came at 10am. It was a RED STAR service (can't remember the exact name) there was a charge per person of $8. We were loaded and on our way quickly.

No complaints about this hotel. Maybe a bit overpriced but we would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to our cruise departure the following day... arrived very early on our check-in day because we took a red-eye flight from BUF to FLL and were delighted to hear that they had our room ready and invited us to enjoy the complimentary breakfast when we got there at 7 am. The complimentary airport shuttle was pretty prompt and also friendly driver. Clean accommodations, great breakfast, convenient location to stores / buses / etc.

Lake Villa, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed overnight before taking a cruise. Hotel is clean and well run. Elevators are very slow. Slightly over priced, but, in my opinion, that's all Ft Lauderdale hotels. Safe neighborhood with shopping and restaurants a couple blocks away. If they offer to send you to another hotel for free (they did that to my wife and me) just say no. They wanted to send us to the Ramada Airport for free, Just check the reviews for this Ramada to see what I mean. Otherwise we had no problems. They offer shuttle service to the cruise port for $8.00 per person. They also offer free airport shuttle.

Boothbay Harbor, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Limited airport/hotel transportation Check the bath room for cleanliness The first night: My room was just beautiful, until I went to use the restroom. I found black hair all over the floor. I would not have notified the front desk but the amount of hair could not be overlooked. The hair was removed I was told I should report this, which I did. I was apologized to. The second night The room was a standard, two double bed room. Clean enough.... but I was never told and did not know that transportation to the airport was on a limited basis, so I had to pay for a cab to the airport. One of the reasons I booked this hotel is that it offered transportation as part of their service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!