“Too expensive. Ugh!”

Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Miami, Florida
“Too expensive. Ugh!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel charges too much for what it offers. This hotel is average.
Things I like about this hotel include the courteous staff, free parking, free self breakfast, free wifi ( well it's really not free because you pay for it in the hotel cost), it's secluded location, and the scenery out side is pretty.
Things about this hotel I didn't enjoy include that fact that they offer smoking rooms. I requested a non smoking room. However, the cigarette smell seeped through the vent and my room smelled like cigarettes. The toilet had a yellow ring. A little bleach would take care of that. There was a grease stain on the comforter. I was told that after housekeeping gets through, the manager comes and checks the housekeeper's work. So I don't understand what type of inspection the manager did. There's a little bit of mold in the tub near the drain hole. They provide free breakfast from 6-9 am but they do not have a dining area. The breakfast and computer area is right in front of the front desk in the lobby. So people walking in and out the hotel can see you eating or using the computer. You have no privacy. That's weird to me. Lastly, this hotel is not a 5 star hotel. You guys need to stop charging so much money. There's nothing luxurious about this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CoL861

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
maple grove, mn
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We sailed out of Ft Lauderdale during spring break and wound up here because everything else was booked or $250 + per night. We were pleasantly surprised. Not our usual when we're in Florida, but a pretty property none the less. Staff is what made everything top notch. They really were excellent. The room was spacious and clean as well. We were picked up at the airport and the next day we boarded a shuttle ($8 pp) for the port. A very short drive and we were at the port ! I recommend this hotel without reservation and should we ever sail out of Ft Lauderdale again, it will be our first choice, not "whatever is left" !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kristine j
FT. MYERS, FL
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our trip was for personal reasons, a family member was very ill. We couldn't have been more comfortable, the location was 10 minutes from the hospital. The staff was wonderful. The hotel was "Pet Friendly" and we had our two dogs with us. No charge for pets! Our family member passed away and we were able to cancel the last day of our reservation, without a problem! I wish the breakfast was a half hour longer. We were at the hospital very late and it was hard to make it to the breakfast, before it ended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank StuckItToMe
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had read a couple of bad reviews on here, and actually researched other places to stay if I was disappointed. I have to say, I was not. Room was clean and smelled fresh. Bed was comfy. Staff was great. They even let me use the conference room for free (because it is being used for storage). The only reasons I didn't give it a "5" was because I stayed 3 nights and did not get shampoo (and those little bottles don't go that far) and the breakfast didn't change. I can only eat so many waffles or bagels.

Room Tip: Be careful at the front door. A family of muscovie ducks camp out there and leave "presents&qu...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this concert for the Beyonce & Jay Z "On the Run" tour in Miami. It was to be the happiest day of my life. Unfortunately, it turned into a disaster. I had spent a lot of money on my outfit, and it was my dream outfit for the concert. I had no backup clothes or anything. As I get dressed, I go to iron my outfit and before the iron even touches my outfit it burns/melts a ginormous hole right in the middle of my outfit. I frantically run downstairs, crying to the lady (Maureen) at the front desk and state how their iron melted my outfit. Maureen quickly reacts by whipping out $50 and pointing to one of the maintenance men to escort me to the shopping mall across the street to buy an outfit for the concert. Still crying hysterically, the maintenance man takes me to the store. Already running late, I grade something for $20. We rush back over, I get dressed (still crying). Running downstairs, Maureen at the desk smiles and says how great I look. I started crying even more and managed to say "thank you." Once I get back to the hotel, I find a note slipped under the door that says, for me to stop by the desk before I check out. When I check out there is a reimbursement for the difference I didn't spend and also a note saying I will be given a complimentary one night stay in the mail. True to their (Maureen & general manager, Angele Bentley) word I received the complimentary certificate. I want to thank them both including the maintenance for going completely out of the way to ensure one bad incident didn't ruin my night and stay. LASTLY,the hotel was great. Very clean and obviously everyone was beyond nice. The room was very comfortable, and it's nicely secluded but near a huge shopping center, food, gas station.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hsmith2323
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I supposed to booked 3 nights at this hotel, but I had to moved out the next morning dues to fleas. The fleas are everywhere in the room, floor, beds, and bathroom. Every single one of us got bit all over our body, arms, and legs. I told the front desk, but they didn't seem to take my word for it. They didn't even apologized for any of the problems. The maintenance even got upset when I left a complaint note on the table. I will never ever come back to the place and will NOT recommended to anyone. Please don't book this hotel cause I believe nobody want to get fleas mark.

Room Tip: Please don't book this place.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Long T
Lakeland, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We always travel with our dog and what I love about LaQuinta Inn is that although pets are allowed, rooms do not smell like dogs. I'm actually allergic to dogs and suffer from horrible allergies. My stay at LaQuinta has always been a positive one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!