“Comfortable ”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel tucked away near oakwood plaza for shopping, property was very clean nice Lake with view of ducks, turtles, fish and other birds. The complimentary hotel shuttle service was very useful and the drivers were very helpful. The front desk staff were very professional and check in and check out was smooth and quick. The breakfast was OK, nothing out of the ordinary. Mercedes the lady who worked the breakfast area was very helpful and friendly, keep up the good work Mercedes. Room was very spacious and comfortable, bed was very comfortable nights rest . Wifi coverage was good in general, connection was lost a few times but nonetheless it was stable. Overall this was a comfortable stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Elie13F

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed five nights while getting medical injections with our pet. Second time to come in two years.Has a beautiful courtyard, swimming area by lake with ducks. Now it is getting a little overcrowded with ducks because they poop a lot, they should remove a few to another location
perhaps, but a few are great to watch. Good breakfast bar and a very nice place for your little
dog. Will use it again. People are very attentive to your needs.

Room Tip: No idea, if no pet, choose upstairs, dogs are on first floor for easy access to grounds.
1  Thank shelia r
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Have already done a review of this particular hotel in my comments regarding how the hotel could improve in certain areas and the fact that La Quinta is considered a family hotel and provides the kind of atmosphere where families feel comfortable. having stayed at this hotel numerous times, I feel that the hotel could do some additional upgrades such as changing the carpet in the common areas as this would certainly improve the ambiance of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank kennethl66
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel charges too much for what it offers. This hotel is average.
Things I like about this hotel include the courteous staff, free parking, free self breakfast, free wifi ( well it's really not free because you pay for it in the hotel cost), it's secluded location, and the scenery out side is pretty.
Things about this hotel I didn't enjoy include that fact that they offer smoking rooms. I requested a non smoking room. However, the cigarette smell seeped through the vent and my room smelled like cigarettes. The toilet had a yellow ring. A little bleach would take care of that. There was a grease stain on the comforter. I was told that after housekeeping gets through, the manager comes and checks the housekeeper's work. So I don't understand what type of inspection the manager did. There's a little bit of mold in the tub near the drain hole. They provide free breakfast from 6-9 am but they do not have a dining area. The breakfast and computer area is right in front of the front desk in the lobby. So people walking in and out the hotel can see you eating or using the computer. You have no privacy. That's weird to me. Lastly, this hotel is not a 5 star hotel. You guys need to stop charging so much money. There's nothing luxurious about this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CoL861
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We sailed out of Ft Lauderdale during spring break and wound up here because everything else was booked or $250 + per night. We were pleasantly surprised. Not our usual when we're in Florida, but a pretty property none the less. Staff is what made everything top notch. They really were excellent. The room was spacious and clean as well. We were picked up at the airport and the next day we boarded a shuttle ($8 pp) for the port. A very short drive and we were at the port ! I recommend this hotel without reservation and should we ever sail out of Ft Lauderdale again, it will be our first choice, not "whatever is left" !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kristine j
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our trip was for personal reasons, a family member was very ill. We couldn't have been more comfortable, the location was 10 minutes from the hospital. The staff was wonderful. The hotel was "Pet Friendly" and we had our two dogs with us. No charge for pets! Our family member passed away and we were able to cancel the last day of our reservation, without a problem! I wish the breakfast was a half hour longer. We were at the hospital very late and it was hard to make it to the breakfast, before it ended.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank StuckItToMe
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had read a couple of bad reviews on here, and actually researched other places to stay if I was disappointed. I have to say, I was not. Room was clean and smelled fresh. Bed was comfy. Staff was great. They even let me use the conference room for free (because it is being used for storage). The only reasons I didn't give it a "5" was because I stayed 3 nights and did not get shampoo (and those little bottles don't go that far) and the breakfast didn't change. I can only eat so many waffles or bagels.

Room Tip: Be careful at the front door. A family of muscovie ducks camp out there and leave "presents&qu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!