La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$251
US$233
  • Pool
US$91
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Beachfront
US$260
US$237
  • Pool
Coral House Hotel(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$301
US$279
US$114
US$111
1,020 results
All reviewssmall lakeport evergladesred lobsterale housepre cruise staytgi fridayshard boiled eggsdave and bustersshuttle servicelauderdale airportfree breakfastthe breakfast areawaffle makerwithin walking distanceshopping and restaurantsnext morningcruise terminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We stayed there on Feb 16 for one night before boarding the Ruby Princess. The room was clean and seemed to have been recently renovated. The checkin went smoothly and they were very friendly. The common area where they served a continental style breakfast was large and clean. The hotel is somewhat hard to find as it is back off the main streets. We left our car in the parking lot while on the Ruby for no extra charge. They provided a bus to take us to the cruise terminal. With two ships in port that day, the bus was full with La Quinta guests. We took a taxi back to the hotel for $20 with tip. I had to tell the taxi driver how to get to the hotel. I have already booked this hotel again for January when we will be boarding the Island Princess.

I have read some of the other reviews and am not sure it was the same hotel. I use to travel every week in my job all over the US and held the top loyalty cards for Hilton and Marriott. I spent over 200 nights a year in hotels so I have seen them all.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2010

The rooms and the service at this hotel were ok, but the hallway carpeting was a disgrace. I don't understand how they could let it become so stained in dirty. The carpeting in the room was also worn, but not as bad.

The front desk was helpful, especially since we were early for check in. Orlando allowed us to store our bags in the secured conference room, but the maintenance worker had an attitude when he had to open the room once our room was ready.
Please note: the shuttle only leaves once an hour, on the hour. Our flight was at 6:40 am and we had to be ready at 5:00 am. We would have liked to leave at 5:30 and gotten another 1/2 hour sleep.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my mother and brother pre-cruise. It was a good value for the money we paid with my AAA discount. The front desk personnel that we dealt with was really top-notch. She added to our overall pleasant experience with this hotel.

I would consider this hotel again for a late arrival overnight stay. If staying longer I would opt for a more beachy resort.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2010

My husband and I had to make a trip to Ft. Lauderdale on short notice, and we used LaQuinta points to get this hotel. I had read the reviews and while my husband was at the hospital with a family member, I checked in as early as possible -- and checked the room. Ewwww! Dirty bathroom (bits of paper on the floor, hair, facilities didn't work), dirty bedroom (bits of fingernail, batteries, beer bottlecaps, big crumbs on the floor around the bed and dirty napkins stuffed under the sofa) along with the obligatory 1-1/2 in long cockroach wiggling with legs in the air right in the middle of the floor. I immediately got the manager and it took her a little over an hour to find another room for us. It was better, no roach and everything worked, but the floor was dirty, the bathroom still had dirty towels in there from the last guest, and the furniture was very dusty.
We stayed there a couple days, and I this is what I observed: most of the housekeepers did not speak English and were untrained. The hotel is sold out all the time from cruise passengers and the desk staff is woefully unsupported -- they were friendly and helpful, but they didn't communicate with each other, they were all very young, and nobody appeared to be minding the whole facility. The parking lot is not monitored and isolated, so things would be stolen -- and there was trash all over. The landscaping had been allowed to grow up against the walls, which is probably where the big roaches were coming from -- they're called palmetto bugs for a reason!
FYI, there are only feather pillows. If you are allergic to feathers (like me) BYO or pack a pillow slip to block allergens.
This is a relatively new hotel, probably less than 10 years old, and in a very good location. Unfortunately they are unable to keep up with their own traffic. Preview your room, try to check in early, and be prepared for anything.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J S
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I wasn't going to leave a review of this hotel until I started reading the good reviews of this hotel and I decided people needed to hear how truly gross it is. There are truly very few redeeming qualities about this hotel, but I will start with them. First, it is true that there is free shuttle service to and from the hotel. Second, the hotel is located on pretty property and is close to the ocean.

Apart from those two factors, there is nothing else remotely nice about this hotel. It was one of the grossest, dirties hotels in which we stayed. When we arrived to the hotel the first thing we noticed was the filthy carpet in the hotel lobby. However, the carpet was soon forgotten when we stepped into the elevator. The tiles were grimy and the railing was ripped out of the wall. When we finally reached our floor we were bombarded with the smell of stale smoke. Being allergic and completely disgusted with the smell of smoke, we couldn't believe we had ended up on a smoking floor.

We got to our room and someone noticed giant hair-balls all over the floor. It was apparent the floor was not vacuumed. Oh well we thought, we will wear our flip-flops. Flip-flops could not prepare us for what happened next. As we started to get ready for bed we noticed bug carcasses littering the floor. Ok, now this is just getting gross. Oh but it got worse. As a blood-curdling scream rang out from my sister (even though it was now 2 AM), I caught glimpse of a cockroach running across our nightstand. Disgusting.

Meanwhile in the bathroom, as expected the floor was black with dirt and the toilet barely flushed. The deadbolt to our room did not work and there was a one inch gap between the door and the door frame. Perfect for any peeping toms out there!

It is true that there was breakfast and it was not too terrible. However, if all you want is a bagel in the morning then I suggest staying somewhere else that is clean and spending two more dollars at a bagel shop.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family