“OK but...”

Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Kilkenny, Ireland
“OK but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I spent two nights in this hotel. The only real disappointment I found was in the restaurant. Breakfast buffet was sub standard and food gone cold. Dinner was very disappointing. My 'medium' steak was so overdone the charred half was totally inedible. I played safe with the burger next time - but the 8oz burger was less than 4oz. and again overdone. I ended up going to Denny's across the road where the food was far better.
Bar service by the poolside was very slow and erratic.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ismiseseamus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Hungarian first
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

My wife and I took our two boys to Miami for a vacation and we stayed here and it was one of the best hotel experiences we had ever had. The place is immaculate and well maintained. The staff is exceptionally kind and helpful. We were kind of expecting the typical "continental breakfast" when we made our way down for breakfast each morning. Wrong. Everything was actually made (pancakes, corn beef hash, eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, bacon and sausage, fruits etc). It was so yummy. And OH the pool! The pool is the best we've ever seen. It has a truly hot hot tub with gyrating lights. The pool has a waterfall and the water temp is perfect. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: This place is TOP NOTCH in every way
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank flaglerite
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

What can I say, it was very nice and very clean. Shuttles are provide to the airport and Port Everglades. This is one hotel that actually looks like the pics on their website. We travel to Bahamas every year and take discovery cruise line to get there. Since ship leave in the am, we always get a hotel near port the night prior . This hotel was perfect for that and it will now be the hotel we will be returning to every year.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

I stayed here in May 2011. It was a great choice of the dozens of hotels in the area. Its no more than 5 to 10-minutes from FLL airport (hotel does provide shuttle). I was able to check in early which was around 1pm. The front desk staff is great, every employee I encountered was friendly & helpful. I was given the exact room I requested.

The rooms were very clean as I would expect, I felt like it was a brand new room and I was the first guess! I'm sure it wasn't, but that was the standard that the room was maintained to. The hotel was quiet, and everything worked as intended.

The outdoor pool & sauna is not to be missed! The pool area is tastefully landscaped, complete with palm trees, perfect lighting and torches at night which adds a relaxing touch in the evening. There is a outdoor & indoor lounge, with wide screen HD TV's.

The hotel restaurant hosts all 3 meals, I found the breakfast a bit pricey for a buffet....especially if you just want some cereal which they provide in a small box...just like in Super 8 for free. Menu service also available for breakfast for those who look for traditional sit down service. Another option would be to walk across the street to Denny's.

Beside Denny's, only a gas-station mini-mart is within walking distance from the hotel. Also nearby, is a bus stop if you need a lift to Hollywood-Dania Beaches, and a train station. Tri-Rail commuter trains operate into Miami for folks who do not wish to drive down the Busy I-95.

Over all I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RailfanMotels
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

I stayed here from May 2 to May 6, 2011. I booked it on Priceline for $75 a night. As is always the case when you bid on Priceline, you are bidding on a region (and star level, in this case 3 stars), not a particular property. But it worked out well. The building was either new or recently renovated; it was just beautiful.

I stayed in room 425.The room had a lovely bathroom with a shower whose temperature and pressure were perfect. There were lots of towels (granted, I was alone). The soap was "Citrus Mint", which sounded odd, but it actually smelled nice and lathered up well.

The beds were comfy and fancily made up. There was a cabinet with plenty of drawers and a few shelves. It also concealed a small refrigerator and a small microwave. The TV was a modern flat screen.

The desk was fine. I used the wired Internet access on it.

The air conditioner was regulated by a thermostat, which worked fine. The noise A/C noise was minimal.

Small complaints:
- One of the two bulbs in the lamp between the beds was burned out, but I didn't need it anyway.
- The chair at the desk was pitched forward and therefore unworkable, but I slid it out and pulled over one of the two chairs from the small round table, and that worked fine.
- You know how an Ethernet cable has a clippy thing at the end that snaps into your computer? The snapping part was broken off. That said, the cable only slipped out once during many hours of use, and I just slipped it back in. No biggie. I didn't try the wireless access.

All in all, the room was wonderful. I really felt like a got a fair deal. And the parking was free. Oh, and the tops of the palm trees out front were right outside my window! Cool! I definitely recommend the place.

Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
ERivera1, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff. We correcting the issues listed. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. We are eager to making your next visit award winning.

Best Regards,

Ernesto Rivera
Guest Service Manager
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

Very clean, staff very accommodating. Ask for a room facing the pool, cuts out the noise from the I-95, which never stops. Shuttle from airport very clean, and the shuttle to cruise port was okay. the two drivers there, drive like they do in the islands, a little crazy and too close to everyone's bumper for my taste. Next time I would pay the $15 cab fare, and go to the cruise port on our own. first we had to drop off people at the airport, the three other cruise lines before we got to ours. so what should have taken 10-15 minutes took 50 minutes.
Pool area, clean and beautifully landscaped. Restaurant offers indoor and outdoor service. also drinks and food right by the pool on weekends. Business services free to check your email, print boarding passes available. Comfortable beds, and clean rooms, you couldn't ask for more for the price. shell station next door, for wine, beer, snacks, gas. No restaurants close by. Have to cab it, bu that only cost $5-$9 for ones close-by at the mall. Free coffee in lobby in the morning. Airport only 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

This is a nice hotel in a good location. I chose to park, sleep, and cruise. The price was good. The shuttle to the ship was excellent. The shuttle from the ship was not.. We called the hotel and were told to shuttle to the airport, then pick up the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Pulling 2 large suitcases, and 2 carry on bags this was not an option. A taxi to the hotel from the ship was $22 plus tip.
I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TexasCruiser001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!