We ended up at the Holiday Inn due to a problem with our connecting flight. We weren't too happy about the unexpected layover after a long spell travelling and waited with some apprehension for our complimentary shuttle to the hotel. Our apprehension faded as soon as our driver showed up and cheerfully zipped us over to the hotel. Once there, the front desk staff kindly checked us in and gave us the run down. Our room was bright, clean, spacious and came equipped with a comfy bed, good sized mini-fridge, microwave, flat screen, and complimentary wi-fi. The buffet breakfast was full, fresh, and a good value for a hotel. The best part of the hotel is the grounds. The front of the hotel features a small garden and waterfall while the back of the hotel offers a warm, large pool, waterfall, small but very hot, hot tub, and well manicured garden surrounding it all. There's a ton of outside seating, and the bar, which opens in the evening, serves inside (air con) and out on the patio. Between the waterfall and all the greenery you wouldn't even know you were in a city or near an airport. The gym is small but has treadmills, bikes, a bench and enough free weights to do a basic workout. My only criticism of the hotel would have to be that some of the staff were not super friendly and the some of the desk staff were not knowledgeable of the area. Fortunately both of our drivers were amazing and gave us all the info we needed. If you're in need of a layover near the airport in Fort Lauderdale then I highly recommend checking out this place. I hope your stay was as good as ours, just make sure you get this hotel and not the Holiday Inn Express!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel features 42' LCD flat screen TVs, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms. Overlook our stunning new tropical pool area with a large heated pool, Jacuzzi and pool bar. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is perfect for corporate travelers and families alike, the hotel is conveniently located near Ft. Lauderdale , Port Everglades, Dolphin Stadium and just 15 minutes north of Miami. There's Hollywood Beach, where you can indulge yourself in the wonderful sunshine and explore the famous Boardwalk. Also, don't forget the nearby attractions of Fort Lauderdale which bring visitors from around the world. Enjoy superb dining at our indoor/outdoor Cafe Aquatica or in the Rendezvous Reef Lounge with it's great atmosphere, whether inside or out on the terrace which overlooks our refreshing tropical pool area and waterfall. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is located at I-95 and Sheridan Street. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (Daily 5:00 AM - 11:59 PM).Shuttle service to the Port Everglades available for a nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel Hollywood
- Holiday Inn Hollywood
- Hollywood Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hollywood, Florida