“OK for a short stay”

Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Check in was fast and friendly after our free airport shuttle. After being told there is a shuttle every half hour and waiting much longer we finally rang the hotel to tell them we were waiting and they arrived some 15 mins. later.
Finally we could walk across the road to McDonalds for a quick feed before it closed after our long flight from Australia. Also across road is a Petrol Station so we got a few refreshing beers to take back to the room.
NOTE ! If you are staying pre cruise, (like we were) you can get your allowable 2 bottles of wine there too for under $10 , small variety but good value
Room was quite large, had 2 queen beds , but rather strange big boxy pillows which we later learnt could be replaced with a choice of others. Bathroom has had an update and all was clean and tidy.
Breakfast wasn't included but only $9 for basics which was fine.
Hotel arranged transfer for us at a reasonable $10 each to the shipping terminal, a ride of only about 15 mins.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayFLL, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Speaktruly,

Thank you very much for staying with us before your cruise. We are delighted that you found our facility to be both convenient and accommodating. Come back and see us again, soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We reserved 4 rooms in February prior to our cruise. The hotel was nice and clean the pool area was great. Plus, it was a very competitive rate (even though it ended up costing me a lot more as you will read below). The only thing we wished was that the bar opened earlier than 5:00pm. The pool area was busy and we were there for several hours in the afternoon but you could not get a drink until 5:00. Think they are missing some easy revenue here.

Unfortunately, once our group left the pool I went to the room, noticed my wallet was missing, and IMMEDIATELY went back to our table . The table had been cleaned and chairs moved but there was no wallet. I asked at the front desk and bar and no one reported it turned in. We continued to search and finally found it in a trash can in the Men's room. Fortunately all my ID and payment cards were in it but over $400 in cash was missing. The mananger was helpful in that he viewed a camera leading into the men's room but did not apparently have a good angle. I just hope it was not the employee who cleared the table who did a quick cash grab but seems logical it could have been. But it is hard to accuse someone with no proof even if they had the opportunity.

So, other than a $400+ lesson it was a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HolidayFLL, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Blueboro,

We are happy to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay with us. We are saddened to hear that someone may have taken advantage of your wallet that was left out by the pool. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to locate the wallet for you, even though it was missing the cash.

Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The room was clean and spacious. The staff were pleasant. The pool temp was very cold which was disappointing. Lots of noise and activity in the hallways at night which didnt allow for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

cybersue355,

We are very sorry to hear that our pool was cold. We have investigated this, and we have corrected this issue immediately. I am happy to report that our pool is back up to normal temperature of 86 degrees, and also the Jacuzzi is at a steaming 100 degrees.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we do hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

In general, this hotel was correct for a night transfert between two flights, hotel is old but confort is ok. You can have dinner there and also get the menu delivered in your room. Beware kitchen is closing at 10pm. We have ordered at 9h30 and 15 minutes later we get delivered. The food was good and the price correct. Nothing to say about that. The breakfast in the morning is also correct, you have the choice between continental or american buffet breakfast. the quality of the food is correct and the price also. The main concern for me was the long long waiting time for the shuttle at the airport. We wait for 1 hour before to try to get them on the phone to see was going on. After 7 minutes keeping me waiting in line (yes 7 minutes!!!) they told me that they just send the driver and that normally we have to phone to get picked up! Ok super I didn't know that and this is not written on the website and not written anywhere in fact. You should know it, incredible! So in total we have wait 1h30 to get the shuttle! On my arrival I explained the situation to the receptionnist but she said "yes I understand but you have to call". When I said to her, it is not stipulate somewhere she said yes I know. Ok nothing to expect from her... That's give a strange impression and for the price I paid I was expecting a little bit better service. So the shutlle is very practical but beware, call them UPON arrival to be sure you will not wait too much.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pluiedepaillettes

Preciousdog:

We are very sorry to hear that our shuttle service was not prompt. Sometimes our shuttle service does run a little behind when the airport is very busy. Our complimentary shuttle service can only accommodate so many passengers at one time, for everyone's safety.

We are happy to hear that you found the restaurant to be of your liking. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very clean room, excellent shuttle service to cruise port, gorgeous pool. Shawn at front desk was amazing. Wish that there were more choices for food in area since there is only a McDonalds and Denny's across the street. Hotel has food but it was pricey for dinner and breakfast. Bar area outside at pool where we watched basketball on television was nice but no bar menu. That would have been nice--- wings, nachos etc.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Room was clean and quiet. Everyone on staff was friendly. Manager is available. Transportation from airport is convenient. Transportation from hotel to port is smooth and $10 per person. There is a Denny's and McDonalds across the road if you don't eat in hotel restaurant. A gas station/food mart is next door. We bought a case of water there to take on cruise with us. Hotel price was a bit high for us but typical for the hotels on Saturday night in Fort Lauderdale and we slept well rather than saving money on some "no-tell" motel. I recommend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donny M

Donny,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our shuttle transportation to be of value to get you to your cruise ship. We also hope that you enjoyed your cruise, and we greatly look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel had maintenance issues the night of my stay, which I understand is out of the management's control. My frustration is with how the company handled the experience for their guests. I booked and pre-paid (2 1/2 weeks prior) through Travelocity before leaving on a cruise. Upon arriving to the hotel, the front desk had a 25 minute wait to check-in, and I was told I would be moved to a lesser hotel (Days Inn) across the street because of this problem. As I was standing in line to check-in, I spoke with another guest who booked the same hotel just 1 day prior. Her reservation was confirmed at check-in, which didn't seem right to me. In addition, the hotel was not willing to issues any credit (the room rates on the 2 hotels differed by $90). The Holiday Inn stated that their offer of a drink and a free shuttle transport to port (neither offer I used because I planned to meet friends) was sufficient compensation for the inconvenience, since the 2 hotels were "basically the same". I was also placed in a smoking room at the other hotel when I had requested non-smoking (thankfully I have no allergies to smoke). Also, do not expect the free shuttle to the hotel to be quick. There were people on our shuttle who waited for 90 minutes circling the airport in the shuttle because the driver had to have a full bus before he would return. Myself, I waited in the shuttle circling the airport for 45 minutes. Not at all normal for airport shuttle service.
Neither Travelocity nor the hotel have been responsive in this situation. I am highly disappointed in Holiday Inn for not backing their customer satisfaction standards, and Travelocity is impotent to resolve any problems their customers have. I will more than likely not conduct business with either company in the future; there are plenty of alternative companies who will be accommodating to their customers.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bbj_21
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear bbj_21,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. It is unfortunate maintenance issues prevented you from staying at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Margaritaville Beach Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!