Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desksheridan streetcruise portnext morninglauderdale airportpre cruise stayhot tubwould stay here againhotel restaurantpool areabreakfast buffetstayed one nightbeautiful poolshuttle servicerental carbed was comfortablemini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Check in was fast and friendly after our free airport shuttle. After being told there is a shuttle every half hour and waiting much longer we finally rang the hotel to tell them we were waiting and they arrived some 15 mins. later.
Finally we could walk across the road to McDonalds for a quick feed before it closed after our long flight from Australia. Also across road is a Petrol Station so we got a few refreshing beers to take back to the room.
NOTE ! If you are staying pre cruise, (like we were) you can get your allowable 2 bottles of wine there too for under $10 , small variety but good value
Room was quite large, had 2 queen beds , but rather strange big boxy pillows which we later learnt could be replaced with a choice of others. Bathroom has had an update and all was clean and tidy.
Breakfast wasn't included but only $9 for basics which was fine.
Hotel arranged transfer for us at a reasonable $10 each to the shipping terminal, a ride of only about 15 mins.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayFLL, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Speaktruly,

Thank you very much for staying with us before your cruise. We are delighted that you found our facility to be both convenient and accommodating. Come back and see us again, soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We reserved 4 rooms in February prior to our cruise. The hotel was nice and clean the pool area was great. Plus, it was a very competitive rate (even though it ended up costing me a lot more as you will read below). The only thing we wished was that the bar opened earlier than 5:00pm. The pool area was busy and we were there for several hours in the afternoon but you could not get a drink until 5:00. Think they are missing some easy revenue here.

Unfortunately, once our group left the pool I went to the room, noticed my wallet was missing, and IMMEDIATELY went back to our table . The table had been cleaned and chairs moved but there was no wallet. I asked at the front desk and bar and no one reported it turned in. We continued to search and finally found it in a trash can in the Men's room. Fortunately all my ID and payment cards were in it but over $400 in cash was missing. The mananger was helpful in that he viewed a camera leading into the men's room but did not apparently have a good angle. I just hope it was not the employee who cleared the table who did a quick cash grab but seems logical it could have been. But it is hard to accuse someone with no proof even if they had the opportunity.

So, other than a $400+ lesson it was a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HolidayFLL, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Blueboro,

We are happy to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay with us. We are saddened to hear that someone may have taken advantage of your wallet that was left out by the pool. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to locate the wallet for you, even though it was missing the cash.

Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The room was clean and spacious. The staff were pleasant. The pool temp was very cold which was disappointing. Lots of noise and activity in the hallways at night which didnt allow for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

cybersue355,

We are very sorry to hear that our pool was cold. We have investigated this, and we have corrected this issue immediately. I am happy to report that our pool is back up to normal temperature of 86 degrees, and also the Jacuzzi is at a steaming 100 degrees.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we do hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

In general, this hotel was correct for a night transfert between two flights, hotel is old but confort is ok. You can have dinner there and also get the menu delivered in your room. Beware kitchen is closing at 10pm. We have ordered at 9h30 and 15 minutes later we get delivered. The food was good and the price correct. Nothing to say about that. The breakfast in the morning is also correct, you have the choice between continental or american buffet breakfast. the quality of the food is correct and the price also. The main concern for me was the long long waiting time for the shuttle at the airport. We wait for 1 hour before to try to get them on the phone to see was going on. After 7 minutes keeping me waiting in line (yes 7 minutes!!!) they told me that they just send the driver and that normally we have to phone to get picked up! Ok super I didn't know that and this is not written on the website and not written anywhere in fact. You should know it, incredible! So in total we have wait 1h30 to get the shuttle! On my arrival I explained the situation to the receptionnist but she said "yes I understand but you have to call". When I said to her, it is not stipulate somewhere she said yes I know. Ok nothing to expect from her... That's give a strange impression and for the price I paid I was expecting a little bit better service. So the shutlle is very practical but beware, call them UPON arrival to be sure you will not wait too much.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pluiedepaillettes

Preciousdog:

We are very sorry to hear that our shuttle service was not prompt. Sometimes our shuttle service does run a little behind when the airport is very busy. Our complimentary shuttle service can only accommodate so many passengers at one time, for everyone's safety.

We are happy to hear that you found the restaurant to be of your liking. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very clean room, excellent shuttle service to cruise port, gorgeous pool. Shawn at front desk was amazing. Wish that there were more choices for food in area since there is only a McDonalds and Denny's across the street. Hotel has food but it was pricey for dinner and breakfast. Bar area outside at pool where we watched basketball on television was nice but no bar menu. That would have been nice--- wings, nachos etc.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple